Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

Tiddly Winks' Adventure in Oz

Once upon a time there was a little pet named Tiddly Winks who lived with her dog, Toto and her Auntie Em in Kansas.

The cottage which she lived was quite nice, although rather two toned.

One day, a tornado came and whisked our heroine off to the magical land of Oz. There she met the munchkins who told her to journey to the Emerald City to seek out the help of the wonderful Wizard of Oz.

En route, she meets the scarecrow (who seems to be very fond of cooking...unlike in the film)

A tin pet, and a cowardly lion. (The lion looks much bigger than that plushie, though I would say not much since Aslan has not yet finished growing) Anyway, back to our story.

The four friends, and Toto, journey to the Emerald City where they meet up with the wizard, and are told to bring back the broomstick of the Wicked Witch of the West.

Stay tuned for part two of our story. Smile

Tiddly Winks, is of course frightened, and what pet wouldn't be? To get the broomstick would mean that she would have to defeat the wicked witch.

But, they head off to the forbidden forest where they are to have their showdown.

The flying monkeys come on strong, and whisk Dor...I mean Tiddly Winks to the Witch.

'I shrank your friends,' cackles the witch, 'and I will do the same to you if you don't give me my sister's shoes.'

'No,' Tiddly Winks says firmly, but if truth be known she's got butterflies in her stomach. 'But, who'se this? My dog a bit doggisher and not so blue.'

'That is my cat,' grumbled the witch, who then turns over the broomstick so she can get this smarty pet out of her hair. (As you all know, PS is a non violent game and so there will be no pet witch melting here.)

'I want my friends as they were before,' Tiddly Winks says.

'Very well,' says the witch and then in a poof of smoke, her friends are restored and Tiddly Winks is back on the yellow brick road leading to the Emerald City. The wizard is standing next to her.

'Can you help me get home?' She asked him.

'No, but I believe that there is someone who can', he said smiling.

'Can you help me get home?' Tiddly Winks asks the Good Witch of the North once she appears.

'You've always had the power to go home whenever you wish," said the witch. 'Just click your heels together 3 times and think to yourself, there's no place like home.'

Tiddly Winks says good bye to her friends (knowing full well that she can always go back to Oz, since it's in her house anyway) and does as the witch says.

And very soon, Tiddly Winks is back home, with Toto, and Auntie Em.

The end!

Special thanks to SophieBella and Kokonee for helping with the pictures. Smile

Bravo, Bravo!!!!
And I thought the Tin Pet and Wizard did exceptionally well
Tiddly Winks always has the best stories!

Thanks. I really had fun writitng that. The pictures really told the story. Thanks so much for your help. Smile

Just wonderful! So cute! Thank you so much for creating and sharing that story Yvette :good:

Guest Guest
Amazing story!

Thank you all. Smile

I had fun putting it together, the pets in all these costumes were very inspiring.

OMG!! what a wonderful story!!. great job tiddly!!
and if i may say... the good witch of the north did an amazing job ... ehem ehem Ashamed

i love it!!!! ♥️

i think i loved it! can i ask something though? i've seen only the cartoon wizard of oz as it is a very old film... can somebody tell me the story?... Ashamed

Well, to clarify something, in the original Wizard of Oz, the movie was made in 1939 and they were really stretching it budgetwise to do the movie in color. The Kansas scenes were in black in white because of the whole 'drearyness' of the time period. 1939 was at the end of the depression and the start of war times. This also explains why Tiddly Winks is in black and white during those particular scenes and the Oz scenes were in color. That was intentional.

The story sort of follows the story that L. Frank Baum wrote, with a few changes. In the book, the streets were lined in silver and the shoes instead of ruby slippers were gold. That is if memory serves. At any rate, whatever cartoon you might have seem probably would follow the movie.

But, I am a huge fan of classic fitlms, and this one is probably one of the best ever made. If you can get your hands on the DVD, do. It's wonderful.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Smile

I just love , love this movie Smile!! watched it so many times and i never get tired of it Smile

favourite quote

"Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore!"
Smile hehe

tiddly woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow i loooooooooooooooooooove it......

Another picture added...this one of the flying monkey. That cracked me up and I had to insert it.

congratulations

Thanks for all the comments. I love this movie...will probably watch it this week sometime.

soooo precious! bailey is SO honored to play a small part in your lovely tale. xoxoxo

awww, Kari you came just to read my story. Smile That just makes my day. Hope you decide to stay, this forum is absolutely lovely. Smile

I should actually do a pet players list so everyone's pets get some credit. Smile

it was amazing!!!!!!

i really liked the humor that you , it was so sweet also!

awesome pics!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 0_0 it just hit me!!!!!!! i'm getting flashbacks! not a lot but i do get them! about the film! the whole black and white and the back and forth jagged my memory! i remember that part!!! tiddly it's great!!!! the hole stories! and the comment about the witch!

Congratz .. it was great
My fav part was the scarecrow cooking made me rofl
Btw "over the rainbow", (not sure if that is the right name)
is one of the greatest songs ever

Definitely, that song is fantastic. Smile

Thanks for the comments everyone. Maybe one day I will get inspired to write another story.

Guest Guest
its soooo sweet xxxx

i would really love to read more! eik! grrr!!! i'm soooooooo silly... Sad i have lost the link about your fan fiction... SadSadSad

Awesome job Tiddly Winks!!! I especially loved the black and white to color part. lol Excellent!!! Two snaps up to you girl.