Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
merchas7m4

Hello! I'm new, and I want to keep my privacy!

Hello!
I'm new (believe it or not) and I'm being forced into giving my facebook link to you guys!
I don't want to, I like to keep my privacy!
But the mods and admins don't agree
I've received some PM's about it but I don't want to give it up.

Understand my side admin, understand why I don't want to give it away. Mad

I'm sorry you feel that way but it is an absolute rule of the forum that you have a valid facebook link.

If you are worried about security then help can be found here

If you refuse to add a valid link you face being banned from the forum and I would hate for that to happen to you on a point of principal

cant understand why someone who want to be a member at 1 forum dont want to share his/her facebook link!!!everyone should be able to know with who trade, talk, etc........

Sweetie, I understand your want for privacy I have loads of privacy settings on my facebook. There are ways that even with providing a link you can block others from seeing your picture, your whole profile... all they will see is the standard default picture (the one provided by facebook) and add as a friend, send message.... You don't have to share anything that you don't want others to see.

Guest Guest
merchas7m4 wrote:
Hello!
I'm new (believe it or not) and I'm being forced into giving my facebook link to you guys!
I don't want to, I like to keep my privacy!
But the mods and admins don't agree
I've received some PM's about it but I don't want to give it up.

Understand my side admin, understand why I don't want to give it away. Mad

Sadly it's the rules! And you should have the read the rules before you joined here, then you would have seen that you needed to have your facebook link viewable. I to have had many PMs off mods about my facebook link not working. I did not come into the welcome bit screaming about it.

If you did read them before joining then why are you complaining about them now?
If you did not read them, then you should of before you joined.
So don't be screaming.

Welcome by the way.

its not only for your protection but for the protection of everybody in the forum. dont worry you will learn to love it here ♥️

This is a great place and it is part of rules upon joining for everyone's protection.

Welcome to the site and please don't be in such an uproar about it.There are lots of great people here.Just work things out with the links they have given you in comments above.

By the way, don't make such a huge deal about administration....they're players just like you and I.They are just trying to work hard to make a site that is SAFE & FUN.They also may turn out to be some of your closest friends one day

have fun and welcome to the site!
Kathy

Welcome!

You can set your privacy settings so that you don't show your wall, or any info on your profile. That way, no one would know anything.

I dont understand why you would not want to put your facebook link up. You shouldnt have signed up to the forum if you didnt want to put your link up. Its the same for ALL PS forums.

Unless you are doing soething very bad then i dont see why.
If you trade then what you going to do?? You woud have to trade from your account...

To the admins and mods.....Im not sure if i actually want this person being on the forum without a link to his/her facebook. I just dont feel safe because this person seems really wierd to be honist...

Is there anything being done to this person?

i think this person should be banned if resused to add his link!!!!!!!!agree with u pink pixel its really weird!!!!!!!!

Welcome Smile

please take into account that it is a rule to have a working facebook link, if you are worried about personal info or photos you have on your facebook account there are ways of working around that as Kasijab suggested.

If you have a problem with sharing your facebook link i suggest you contact one of the admin about deleting your account.

If you get your link up im sure you will enjoy it here in psfc Smile

it is a great place to chat, participate in competitions and trade items ( there are safe trade referees so you dont need to worry about being scammed )

welcome again and i hope that you will understand why psfc members need working fb links Smile

u don't have to worry all people here are nice^_^
just don't accept a request from people u don't like to keep ur privacy ^_^

xPink.Pixel.Princessx wrote:
I dont understand why you would not want to put your facebook link up. You shouldnt have signed up to the forum if you didnt want to put your link up. Its the same for ALL PS forums.

Unless you are doing soething very bad then i dont see why.
If you trade then what you going to do?? You woud have to trade from your account...

To the admins and mods.....Im not sure if i actually want this person being on the forum without a link to his/her facebook. I just dont feel safe because this person seems really wierd to be honist...

Is there anything being done to this person?

esperia wrote:
i think this person should be banned if resused to add his link!!!!!!!!agree with u pink pixel its really weird!!!!!!!!

I am talking with this member to try and work this out.
He does have a valid reason for worrying about his privacy (which I will not go into) and I'm hopefull we can work something out.
I dont feel this member is any threat to any of us or he would of been banned straight away, its just a case of finding a solution while still keeping to the rules.

Please dont judge him, and if we can sort this out then I hope you welcome him as warmly as you would any other member

everyone, i'm shocked!
how could you say something like, i'm not sure if i want him here, or he should be banned?? these are not the friendly psfc members i know!

it is very good he wants to keep his privacy. it's their choice!
you don't even know who it is, and you are probably judging him wrong!

hun, i can help you change your privacy setting so your ''pet society'' friends don't see your wall, or pictures, or info...

tweet, that is lovely of you

Both myself and Kasi have explained about the privacy settings in facebook to him, but it really is sweet of you to offer

tweet40 wrote:
everyone, i'm shocked!
how could you say something like, i'm not sure if i want him here, or he should be banned?? these are not the friendly psfc members i know!

it is very good he wants to keep his privacy. it's their choice!
you don't even know who it is, and you are probably judging him wrong!

hun, i can help you change your privacy setting so your ''pet society'' friends don't see your wall, or pictures, or info...

i think that rules must be followed by everyone !!!!!why r u shocked???every member that doesnt follow rules must be banned!!!!!there r people that banned from this forum for some reasons!!!!!!!i think that psfc members are friendly to any member who is friendly to them!!!!!!!why is choice to keep his privacy????ok!!then everyone there including me, u, lea, kasi do the same !!!!!!!

I think we need to remember that everyone has the right to privacy, as Lea said, he has some very good reasons for wanting privacy. Im sure if we can work with him we can find a solution

esperia I am not saying that he is allowed to carry on being a member without a facebook link. All I am saying is that there are good reasons here, and I want to work with him to see if we can find any way around this.

Whether a member is banned or not is not a decision for any member, nor will I allow a thread like this to continue where members start demanding that anyone is banned, or making anyone feel so unwelcome.

All members have to have a valid facebook link, and if there is no way of this being resolved then he will have to leave PSFC.

dont want to start a thread like this lea!!!!!!!!surely its not something that i want!!!!!i dont want 1 people to go away from this forum of course!!!!!or being banned!!!just wrote my opinion!!!!!some people have different opinion than other Smile ........

Don't need to panic esperia.
I mean no harm.
The admin Lea75 has talk me through everything and we've come to an arrangement.

Next time, don't jump to conclusions. You don't know anything about the reasoning behind my safety and you shouldn't start saying I should be banned.

First of all, welcome to our new member. It's nice that you are here and nice that you have been able to work with the administration to find a resolution that you can live with. This goes to show that the admin here really are conscientious about everyone's well being and that we should let them do their jobs without passing judgment. I trust the staff here, thus my sticking around.

Given the events of the past days with regards to security, I think that staying safe is a justifiable rationale for all of us. Before last week, I didn't know too terribly much about the groups and privacy settings. Then when I started hearing about hackers and the like, it suddenly became very easy for me to go into extreme panic mode very quickly. I have been just as guilty of doing mass deletes on my account to keep myself safe, so I will reserve my judgment on someone else who is trying to stay safe online.

Just my two cents. Again, welcome to the forum.

merchas7m4 wrote:
Don't need to panic esperia.
I mean no harm.
The admin Lea75 has talk me through everything and we've come to an arrangement.

Next time, don't jump to conclusions. You don't know anything about the reasoning behind my safety and you shouldn't start saying I should be banned.

sweet heart i didnt say that u should be banned!!!!!!!!!!!i told that if u refused to follow rules u should be!!!!!dont want to be banned of course!!!!! maybe u misunderstood my opinion

btw welcome there im sure that u ll have fun

Welcome to our friendly little group ...so glad you managed to sort it out and hope you enjoy your time here, chatting and joining in games and competitions (once you have the 20 required posts) which wont take too long at all ...but most of all ..HAVE FUN xxx

im really happy you can stay around hun Smile the more friends the better Smile i know others have said it, but i know you will have fun here Smile

Gaiamaiden wrote:
im really happy you can stay around hun Smile the more friends the better Smile i know others have said it, but i know you will have fun here Smile

Thanks, some members aren't so happy with prior quotes. Just a quick question because of you previous comment, do you know the reasonening of my account safety reasoning?

merchas7m4 wrote:
Gaiamaiden wrote:

Thanks, some members aren't so happy with prior quotes. Just a quick question because of you previous comment, do you know the reasonening of my account safety reasoning?

nope, Lea has told me nothing hun, and if she has promised to keep your reasons private then she will, Lea is one of the most trustworthy people i know Smile

merchas7m4...

Im sorry that i made that statement before but you have to understand my side.

i have been hacked so many times and im not sure how people are getting hold of my information. So when a person comes to the forum saying that they want to keep their account private and they dont want to add their link then alarm bells start ringing to me automatically because thats mostly how scammers/hackers work(not saying you are because i know you arnt).

But now that that mods/admins have sorted it out i now feel more comfortable with you being on this forum.

Everyone has to stick to the rules and it wouldnt have been fair for you to not add your link when everyone else has to....|also have alot of issues why i dont link giving my link out but im fine with thie forum knowing my link because all the members are soo wonderful and nice.

But you have added it now so im fine with it.Welcome to the forum.Hope we could be good friends.
If you wish...Add me to Facebook and ill send you a welcome gift congratulationsAshamed

PS...Make sure you send a note with your friend request because i dont add random people without notes.Thanks

thats what i said pink pixel!!!!!!i agree with u! i posted my opinion only for safety reasons!
btw i believe that merchas7m4 will be our great new friend!!!!!!!there was a misunderstanding and now from my position ended!!!!!!!!!as u can see by my 1st post (page 1) i explained the reason for valid link!!!!!
all there we r a great company and i think u will be part of it 2 merchas7m4!!!!!! SmileSmile
p.s. sorry if i made u feel sad , didnt want to Smile
p.s. 2 this is my last post at this topic!!!!!