Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lea75

Fighting back

I know a lot of you are as frustrated, annoyed and upset by everything that has been happening in Playfish recently so I think its time we started letting playfish know!!

Ames has also started a petition which can be sent to Playfish...please add your name to it, and also post it to your facebook page for more people to see. CLICK HERE FOR PETITION

Yvette (tiddly winks) has written a letter for us all to send to Playfish.,..maybe if loads of use send it then it will have more of an impact. You can either copy the letter as it is, or feel free to use this as a guide if you want to write your own. Send your email to support@playfish.com

To whom it may concern:

Being an honest player as well as periodic purchaser of Playfish Cash Coins, I am writing to you today about the unstable situation that has, over the past couple of days, left a shadow on ‘Pet Society’. These concerns range from the present state of the game to the lacking of security and protection for your customers’ investment(s).

To some, hacking the game may seem like child’s play, but it is a sore subject for many people, specifically those who have spent their hard earned money to purchase coins. To many of your customers, hacking detracts from the game, it takes away the safe and secure environment that the game supposedly represents, and leaves us fearing for our pets, our Facebook accounts, as well as our security online. Today, news of hacking is no longer an isolated incident; it has devolved to thievery and stealing. This is compounded by places like YouTube and certain websites and forums, which promote this form of deviance without ever considering the consequences.

The latest breeches of security are case in point. As copyright holders of Pet Society, this should be your chief concern. The individuals who play your games for entertainment, and invest their money to support your company deserve some form of customer service. Online services should not hold any sort of differentiation from real world businesses. When Playfish leaves its players in a ‘state of limbo’, as is the case here, that unwillingness will reap dissatisfied customers who will ultimately go and spend their money elsewhere.

Such a situation is where many of your players now stand. We simply believe that Playfish does not care. This outlook is not very promising for anyone, whether it be Playfish or its patrons. Regardless of how many Cash Shop items you intend to release in a week’s time, if the game cannot be protected from hackers and cheats, then questions of the company’s credibility emerge. Essentially, having a game, which is so easily accessible to criminals, leaves your cliental vulnerable to said form of deviance.

Please resolve this issue so that the people who do play the game as was intended can continue without this shadow looming overhead. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely yours,

I really hope you all help to let Playfish know just how we, the everyday, genuine players feel about all this!

This is brilliant! Well written letter Tiddly!

Keep signing the petition guys.. hopefully they will listen to us!

Guest Guest
Well written Yvette. I wish playfish could listen us... I've singed as well yesterday.

Signed. I was ashamed of myself for buying hack item. It was so tempting!
I sold my tree house and I reported my friend.

I sent the letter to Playfish, but added this statement to it: Punishing your players by setting limits is, in my opinion, not a very prudent course of action to take. In essence, it is like using a simple bandage to cover an overtly gaping wound.

I am so glad that I am a writer by trade.

Iv already sent a letter to them and i have never heard anything back. All they keep saying is that they are trying to fix thease problems.....I say they aint even bothering.

Join the campaign against anomalous hacking guys! please sign the petition! congratulations thank you!

I have signed the petition yesterday, and sent the email to playfish today. Yvette, thank you for writing that wonderfully written letter, all we can do now is hope that us all sending it will make a larger impact then any of us could alone.

Hey guys,

keep contacting PF, I just got an email from them, addressed as 'Dear Yvette'. They are reading their mail, and they are responding. Let's make sure they continue to hear from the honest players. Write those letters, sign Ames' petition, make your voices heard!

For the first time since I started playing, they are actually listening and responding to our concerns.

Guest Guest
Tiddly Winks wrote:
Hey guys,

keep contacting PF, I just got an email from them, addressed as 'Dear Yvette'. They are reading their mail, and they are responding. Let's make sure they continue to hear from the honest players. Write those letters, sign Ames' petition, make your voices heard!

For the first time since I started playing, they are actually listening and responding to our concerns.

Dear Yvette sounds like they're listening. KEEP SINGING

Joined, letter sent with the added statement, petition signed
toe a little better, ready to make some action

Is this how someone can have items that aren't even out yet? I have a recent friend for PS that have items not released yet and it is kind of upsetting cause they are cash items. I have started wondering if she spents all that money or is hacking the game. I buy cash but have to wait for these things to be released and fishing with the magnet is expensive when you don't get what you are looking for, she has multiples of those items.

fibrodoll wrote:
Is this how someone can have items that aren't even out yet? I have a recent friend for PS that have items not released yet and it is kind of upsetting cause they are cash items. I have started wondering if she spents all that money or is hacking the game. I buy cash but have to wait for these things to be released and fishing with the magnet is expensive when you don't get what you are looking for, she has multiples of those items.

yes, that is what hacking is all about. It is so unfair to those of us that buy cc's and play the game fairly

I signed and sent letter. I added a statment about how upsetting it is when I have spent real money that does not come easily for me. Im not in the position to not care how my money is spent.

To be honest I must be an airhead or oblivious. I had no idea cash items could be hacked! I thought those were "safe" from that somehow. I have admittedly turned the other cheek to hackers of coin items. I know---its stealing too. But taking the cash items to me is worse. Its like stealing money our of my purse to me! But thank you Vette for writing that letter and thanks to all for the petition.

So true! If they can't do anything else, the least they CAN do is have those youtube videos taken down.

Yvette, was the letter they wrote to you encouraging? Or a standard we hear you and are working to make the game better? At any rate, the fact they wrote is a plus. They never used to respond to anyone at all that way!
I saw the other day that a person on my list had out on display two of the mothers day gifts and I know as FACT that we cant open those until at least the 9th. I just deleted them as I dont want any trouble.

When I got the letter, yes it was encouraging, then later I saw hacked items (unreleased items) in someone's house. deleted them and thought about it further. I ended up feeling pretty mixed about it. On the one hand, I thought that it was great that that they responded. Then later someone PMed me asking if the email I got was the same as what they got. They quoted the email and so I saw that it was just a fom letter with my name inserted.

I guess they just made up form letters to send to anyone who contacted them about hacks and cheats. So, for a time it felt encouraging, but to be honest, I wasn't as encouraged by them as I was by the encouraging words and thoughts by the people here.

I had one person get mad at me for deleting them, and their argument was 'you accepted hacked items in the past'. That may have been so, but I think everyone who has accepted a gift runs the risk of that the longer they have played the game. To me, there is absolutely no justification for taking items that people pay money to get and flaunting it like they are saying 'nyeh nyeh nyeh'. This person claimed they had been gifts, but they had them in their house and to me it doesn't matter where they came from, unreleased items are a big 'no no'.

There are rumours going around (unconfirmed at this stage) that the hackers are no longer able to hack the cash coin items dont know if its true yet though, but will try to find out for you xxx

Thanks. I haven't seen them around much, but that's not saying much since I deleted the person who was doing it. But, it would be nice to know if they did manage to patch that hack since I do buy cash coins semi-regularly.

sent and signed....

and if they send me that letter too... :///

I was reading TOF and it seems that people who were receiving illegal items are having a bad time (not been able to play)

@ sinenomine: Really? But I'm sure that many people received many illegal gifts sent via the MB's...I don't seem to have any problem..I opened them thinking they were regular mb's..and just started clicking skip skip skip. My game is working fine. I don't even remember what items were from the box or not, cause I have really bad memory.

@sinenomine - that is only for the poisonous applesand potions (hacked glitter apples and bubble potions)
i know some people traded their hard earned 4999s and 3333s to get cash stuff, but got just a MB instead....

EG - one traded 50x4999s to get a RMB with a beanstalk seed inside.... good thing is he still can play... Smile