Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
toycarsmy

Save our collector

I received an email from a Pakistan toy collector. He had problem getting access to any toys back to his country given the current situation.

I do enthuse by his passion on his hobby, We are consider lucky here in Malaysia.

I will send some loose Hot Wheels to him, you can pass yours on next gathering If you wish to join me.

Lets show some warm greeting from Malaysia.

Original Message.

RASHID ANSARI to me
show details 7:56 PM (14 hours ago) Reply

Dear Sir,
How are you? Hope you’ll be fine, sir my name is Rashid Ansari I live in Pakistan (Karachi),28 years old. As you know many peoples have different hoboes, so my Hobbes is collect different types of cars n bikes, as you know the Pakistani economical situation, they also effected on me I have no job, so it is very difficult to buy these beautiful Jules, If it is possible for you that you send me the your rejected or damage picas of different types cars and bikes, I am very very thankful to you, please don’t say no. I am so hope full from your side that you cooperate with me to make my collection, my hopes and dreams are braked if you sad that no we cant do this. Please please please please .very humble request. thank you.

He should be concentrating on getting a job first rather than on the hobby. Suspect

No prob, can spare some loose cars.

I will pass some of the loose cars to him by registered mail. His contact and mailling is enclosed in the email, I did not post it here for his privacy.

how we know he is a true collector, or a seller at his country? Rolling Eyes

Sinclair, can you help me to collect, I will post it out 1 short.

Thanks in advanced.

Ok, everybody who want to donate, pass to me first please. I will vet through in case got any unauthorised super$, then balance can send off, MUAHAHAHAHA.

Just kidding. Very Happy

Wah...we all tumpang him - he sure ok with paying the shipping not? Razz

..sinclair...asking that guy to look for a job 1st, but then you send 'racun' to him some more...how la scratchlol!

i also wanted to donate, no matter what is his intentions are... always see the good in people..

You know for such a case as this, there must be some conditions as all other welfare cases out there. For example, he needs to be a forumer here first and introduce himself like everyone else. I don't mind sending cars to him personally if I get to know him first. And another question. Are we setting a precedent here whereby in the future if someone else with similar request comes begging for cars, do we give it to him/her as well. I mean everyone that comes knocking may be a genuine case, if we see the good in people. Know what I mean? or we are just giving to this guy only and never to anyone else.

he did only ask for damaged or rejected cars, not a specific model or make. *shrugs*

i will not donate to him. instead of getting a job and working, he's asking us for free cars? even people that i know don't do that let alone a stranger. sorry if i offend anyone. just he is too bold already

Hi Cham,

Dont feel that, this is just a open discussion.

Given the situation, he should look for a job, but it aint easy for this country. From my perspective, I will help within the capability I can afford.

There is no right or wrong, just do what you think is correct.

Q: If next person walkin again ask for the samething?
A: Will need to evaluate and my affordability on that time.

Cheers.

I wont donate to him also. Reason is it doesn't seems right. He didnt even get to know you or us first, and straight away ask for cars. The phrase "please don't say no" make me feel not giving also.
sorry yeo Sad

err does he have any forum or gallery that we can see? atleast if we see some of his collection then we can be sure to donate or not...

toycarsmy, can i have his address and personally send to him?
thanks.

Our kindness could be our weakness and some people take advantage. He's begging hard, I think it's not right for a hobby. Food, yes. In addition, he's just a stranger. bounce

In my point of view, he really looks desperate to get those cars, It might just be spam mail that he is sending to emails to get what he wants by begging. If i have extra cars to give away i would give, but i also would want to get to know the guy and how sincerely honest is he first. Sorry Yeo, but i have a good heart too, but it just come to a point where we need to get to know the person first to give something, cause there is many people out there who prefers food to live when they have no jobs instead of HotWheel cars to pursuit their hobby first. Just my two cents.

No way.. I really love my Hot Wheels collection even though I bought at Pasar Malam, 8 cars for RM 5.. However, the cars look perfect like the one in the blister pack.. Just some scratches.. What a good deal..
I'm very 'kedekut' to donate my HW goods..

Peter wrote:
Our kindness could be our weakness and some people take advantage. He's begging hard, I think it's not right for a hobby. Food, yes. In addition, he's just a stranger.

I totally agree with Peter. If collecting cars and bikes is his hobby, he will work hard to get them instead of being a modern-beggar.. However, did he says that he is collecting Hot Wheels.. No, he don't.. He just mentioned that he is collecting cars and bikes.. Although I'm teenager, I never begging HW to anyone.. But I save my pocket money to buy HW..

P/S: Better we give our HW to our relatives, friends, this club than stranger..

hi, im just a new member. agreed 135% wit syafiq.