Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
elgee

HWCM Exclusive Give-Away Beetle Cup Work In Progress

This thread will be updated on the progress on the Beetle Cup giveaway cars. Check back soon for updates! Smile

Rayz will be posting his part first, then ill put up my current progress rabbit

Here goes....Smile

A group shot of all the donor/contributed cars....
 p2059910.jpg

All waiting for demolition.... lol!
 p2059912.jpg

p2059913.jpg

All the cardboards Razz....
 p2059915.jpg

p2059914.jpg

Was going thru the cards when I got them....notice these 3 signed cards, thanks for your contribution guys...
 p2059916.jpg

On later inspection...found a few more signed contribution. Cos they go sign on the back-side so didn't pay attention...
 p2059917.jpg

Total destruction!! Very Happy
 p2069910.jpg

p2069911.jpg

hokuan wrote:
Viper also included? Lol..Nice scenary!

the vipers are for their wheels Smile

there were two cards signed by pydrummerboy as well, but he used yellow highlighter. rabbit

Hello, just noticed this thread? May I ask why are the cars being 'dissected' if they are for give-aways?

Pardon me for askin!

edit : found the answer in a previous thread!! ahh, not eligible for the club car. Crying or Very sad

Nevertheless, congrats to all who will be getting the car.

i should draw a big big TORTOISE on da card when i donate mine....

Yup those are loose $uper Viper THs...donor wheels...Mario aka LooseWheel will *choKE* me if he sEEs affraid tHiS!!! geek

The day before yesterday I received 84 pcs of Beetle Cups from Rayz-HWC to be painted. He has mercifully stripped the paint for me. Thanks bro!

And then earlier yesterday I proceeded with building a paint stand for 21. Usually my paint stand can only sit one and spray one at a time.

That will not do, so I made a new one. With this one I can spray paint 21 pcs of Beetle Cups all at once!

There! 21 beetle cups ready to be given a new shade of colour. rabbit

More updates later, hang on to your seats ladies and gentlemen!

QC! QC! QC!
don simply spray oh~
when facing so many BBBBBBBBB-tlesssssssssss,
take more Vitamin-A yo, good 4 ur eyes!

takata wrote:
QC! QC! QC!
don simply spray oh~
when facing so many BBBBBBBBB-tlesssssssssss,
take more Vitamin-A yo, good 4 ur eyes!

haha thanks, i will take a lotta Vitamin A. bounce and QC will be done by me personally for every piece after everything is done. fuiyo, professional leh. albino

Rayz-HWC wrote:
Gee...don't forget put on the MASK WOi!!!! Very Happy

mask? what mask? the only mask i have is the hair in my nose. tongue

kukubeh wrote:
seeing the WIP is fun. =)

cool! thats the whole idea, we want you to feel part of this community. even as i am working on this, with the thread, pics and report, i hope that people will feel more involved. albino

liette wrote:
Elgee is truly an asset to the community. Smile cheers.

thanks! but im only doing a small part, compared to Rayz-HWC or what the rest have done to get us to this point. There are a lot of others, including the mods and founders who are even bigger assets, just maybe they do not have a cool WIP thread like this one. rabbit

elgee wrote:
liette wrote:
Elgee is truly an asset to the community. Smile cheers.

thanks! but im only doing a small part, compared to Rayz-HWC or what the rest have done to get us to this point. There are a lot of others, including the mods and founders who are even bigger assets, just maybe they do not have a cool WIP thread like this one. rabbit

choose ur words wisely my dear fren... Evil or Very Mad

demonicle wrote:

choose ur words wisely my dear fren... Evil or Very Mad

wahaha! haha don't so kecil hati la demonicle, you know we love you and your orange liverpool jersey. I love you

ok back to the WIP then! *runs away from demonicle*

ok so yesterday I have begun spraying primer on the first batch of 21 beetle cups, underside first then the top.

since the sun set and there was no more light or heat from the sun, progress was halted until the sun decides to rise again.

below are the works from this morning till evening today.

batch no. 1 & 2 drying out in the sun.

batch no.3 still on stands drying

batch no.1, 2 & 3 drying, batch no. 4 on the stands

batch no.4 complete! joining the rest of the other beetles getting a suntan

Nice work Very Happy Those are primer coating rite? Hehe..Who came out with the design?

hokuan wrote:
Nice work Very Happy Those are primer coating rite? Hehe..Who came out with the design?

Yup, its the primer coat. By evening I have completed the paint of one batch of white beetles.

design by rayz and demonicle

are the maron red just primer? they look cool! wondering what will be the real colour......

edit: saw the real colour already. =P

REJECT MAT REMPIT ECONOMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops! Cool WIP bro elgee!!! Dunno how can I express my gratitude to your contribution. *salute*

Dracryst wrote:
REJECT MAT REMPIT ECONOMICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops! Cool WIP bro elgee!!! Dunno how can I express my gratitude to your contribution. *salute*

lol for a moment i was wondering if i was still in a hot wheels forum. Very Happy

as i said before, its not my work alone. it was a combined effort from all of us. Smile

i just want to say thanks to all the people that make this happend. from the contributor up until the last person that going to post the bettle cup to the member after job completed. i know some of you even dig your own pocket money to make this happend.And not to mention the time and efford that you all spend on it!

A big THANKS from me (and i believe from all of the other forumer here also).

make second round cars black .......... my fetishism haha Razz

Rayz>>>do u wash da plain 'bodies' b4 pass them 2 elgee?
coz IMO if got oil/dirt on it b4 da paint job, it might cause defect.

I tried my best to brush out all I could of the paint...you know la between those molding lines and etc..under the body near the rivits...man those snooks and corners Sad...elgee surely wiped it with a cloth before started to paint the primer...but after primer dy now best careful cause while drying dust may blow into the paint and get stuck....

elgee>>>izit mean everything will b done b4 18th???

he prepared them well, he even sanded them each.

no la...no sanding, just lots of force while brishing out all those 'flushes' from the trims, snooks and corners...but overall I think Mattel did quite well on the zamac Very Happy...I was strip painting some older cars - the paint was so bad and the body ltr was so unpolished feel...sigh but nvmd after dipping few more times and sanding after it should be ready Smile

the paints will be done by today. ill upload photos later, doing it as i type. Smile

wow. his sanding arms must be superb. and i only can manage one a day. =/

elgee your painting skills, power baiii.

i'm not entitled to any cars am i? Sad

Look like VW factory line, thanks elgee for the hard works + the rest of the people who had contributed too.