Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jhc7598

JHC's secret 1st time customs project..

this is where i'll put my pics of customs projects (my first time doing customs on HWs).. just a newbie in this HW's customizing but i'll start with customizing 2 EvoX.. Smile

How do they gonna looks like, we just wait and see.. and to be remind, this is my 1st time doing so, i'll accept criticism and comments from u all..

Pics will be upload in 2-3 days (got no cameras), and both cars are about 25-30% finish.. Smile

simple or not so simple... the effort is what counts in the end... Smile

agreed with eight~
hehe i hope to see ur custom bro~
will be patiently waiting...
evo X lagi tu...
Wink

wait².. cars not finish yet, and camera still not found yet, Razz..

and i already found a camera, but not soo good.. Smile

here the progress pics..

100_0711.jpg
being stripped from is base..

100_0610.jpg
trying on wheels (sorry, really love my $uper, dont wanna use $uper wheel..)

100_0712.jpg
paints being stripped off.. hmm.. like this oso nice, Razz

100_0713.jpg
spraying it on white undercoat.. hmm, whats color they gonna be, RazzRazzRazz

thanks for looking.. Smile
thats all for today, coz it's rainy outside.. the project had been halted.. to be continue in 2-3 days (tmrw must be busy, arghh)

u just can use paint remover.. i just bought it today, RM9 for a bottle/can. u just brush the liquid onto the cars, ant just wash it with water after a while.. the paint just come off easily.. Smile

evo x custom... sweet... will be check the progress from now and then... evo x is 1 of the casting for 2008 that i like...

paint remover is the best way to remove paint from the hot wheels... it is a type of acid... dont let it touch you hand/skin... if it does u will feel like ur skin is burning... wash it quickly with water... (talking for past experience....eheheeh)

eight wrote:
evo x custom... sweet... will be check the progress from now and then... evo x is 1 of the casting for 2008 that i like...

paint remover is the best way to remove paint from the hot wheels... it is a type of acid... dont let it touch you hand/skin... if it does u will feel like ur skin is burning... wash it quickly with water... (talking for past experience....eheheeh)

thats correct, best use gloves when removing paint.

Try to find those brass brush (gold or silver color looking brush) from the D.I.Y. store...to help you clean up those hard to reach places and to remove stubborn paint stains. I usually leave it for about 30mins or so...make sure the remover gets into the base coats. Take it out and let cold water run thru while brushing it.

Nice pics on progress.

Can you show pics how you changed the wheels?

oohh.. i didnt take the pics when i removed the wheels.. just drill the rivets on base, an take out the wheels.. i bet u knew it already la mr sinclair,.. Smile

BTW, when using the paint remover, my hand doesnt feel burn 1st, but feel very cold.. after that its feel very burn, huhu.. i just using my toothbrush(old one la) to remove remaining paint.. it really works..

today report..

1st car - 35%.. paint being stripped off again, there is rain pouring down while paint isn't dry yet.. arghh..
2nd car - 90%.. details had been made, but looks very newbie jobs..
huhu.. now waiting for decals to be printed, and apply on it..

Smile

elgee wrote:
eight wrote:

thats correct, best use gloves when removing paint.

Better keep it away from kids too.

jhc7598 wrote:
oohh.. i didnt take the pics when i removed the wheels.. just drill the rivets on base, an take out the wheels.. i bet u knew it already la mr sinclair,.. Smile

BTW, when using the paint remover, my hand doesnt feel burn 1st, but feel very cold.. after that its feel very burn, huhu.. i just using my toothbrush(old one la) to remove remaining paint.. it really works..

Can I advise EVERYONE to PLEASE brush at the direction AWAY from you. Any brush you use to brush anyway you want will definitely hit BACK at you, so to be safe and NOT HURT YOUR EYE! Please (and a REMINDER to ALL others) take care when you're doing your customs. Either buy a cheapO goggles or similar, gloves (rubber or cloth doesn't matter), open space (do it elsewhere - where the polluted fumes will not bother your OWN Family members and of course your neighbours), always be kind to Mother Earth. Use recycled newspaper or something to 'filter' the excess paint when you spray, as you know the excess usually gets stuck onto the ground, grass etc etc.....

Rayz-HWC wrote:
jhc7598 wrote:

Can I advise EVERYONE to PLEASE brush at the direction AWAY from you. Any brush you use to brush anyway you want will definitely hit BACK at you, so to be safe and NOT HURT YOUR EYE! Please (and a REMINDER to ALL others) take care when you're doing your customs. Either buy a cheapO goggles or similar, gloves (rubber or cloth doesn't matter), open space (do it elsewhere - where the polluted fumes will not bother your OWN Family members and of course your neighbours), always be kind to Mother Earth. Use recycled newspaper or something to 'filter' the excess paint when you spray, as you know the excess usually gets stuck onto the ground, grass etc etc.....

Very true.. anyone avoid brushing towards ur body.. and must have goggle and gloves.... Even tho i'm familiar with this paint remover (as i'd been working in painting field about 5-6 years) but 1st priority is goggles..

hmm.. my project now finish.. now waiting for my camera and the decal to be dry.. and take up the pictures.. really sorry coz i make it like it gonna be great project, but hmm.. but i didnt care, coz its my 1st time and i really love the cars.. update, i'd done 4 cars and 2 cars in progress.. bouncebounce

wow some more use decals..must be nice!

huhu.. not really nice la broo.. BTW, here they are.. sorry for this rookie works but i'll try to do better next time.. Smile
enjoy..

My first custom, i called it DRC1.. EvoX mine's version.. Just got out from workshop.. Trying to test on highway.. Very Happy
 100_0810.jpg

Front..
 100_0811.jpg

Side..
 100_0812.jpg

Oh no, he is running... Running from who? From what else, from DRC2, which is another EvoX, Helang Lebuhraya or Highway Eagle Version.. Smile.. Really Love This Car...
 100_0813.jpg

Side..
 100_0814.jpg

Another Angle
 100_0815.jpg

Back.. Remember the web address.. Razz
 100_0816.jpg

Oh no, comes another car.. DRC3 which is Herbie, my version.. i dunno whether u all like it or not, i just do this car.. but detailing quite messy, sorry.. Smile
 100_0817.jpg

another angle..
 100_0818.jpg

and this is my EvoX family.. Red HW EvoX had been transform into yellow one, so gonna find another to replace him.. Smile
 100_0819.jpg

and thats all my works that had been finish.. hope u all enjoy it.. my other 3 custom still in progress, which one of them had to be repaint coz error in decal placing, Sad .. BTW, enjoy and feel free to give critics and comments.. Smile
peace..

WOW..that is nice my broo..yellow 1 make my saliva out ady.. cheers

i think we must make some highway helang for our friends in the police force .. limited edition ... can ask mattel make for us lah

@rgsukan : huhu.. thanks bro.. now u gonna do your own evoX, hehe..
@enyomic : limited edition? mattel, please do it.. Smile

and here the original pics, for those who doesnt know it exist.. Smile (taken from other website, forgot which one)
 polise10.jpg polise11.jpg
 polise12.jpg polise15.jpg

OMG...
nice custom evos...
Oooo cooolman~
hehe loved that helang evo...
and the mines tampos sure is nice...
not to forget the beetle cup herbie...
cheers

wow... very impressive... evo polis looks awesome... herbie also not bad... i was thinking of doing herbie too... but the old original herbie... Smile

bro that polis evo is really good looking woo...

thumbs up to police evo.. i've seen it real life... awesome!

@danoneism : thanks bro.. i got it from mr sinclair.. i think he got it from Australia, Smile
@zint3k : thanks alot.. before decal were applied, i like mine's more but after apply decal, i really love police evo.. maybe coz decal on mine's going a bit different with car..
@eight : thanks bro.. hehe.. actually the herbie is side project, coz i take the wheels from him to do police evo, Smile
@fath87 : thanks bro.. that's my favourite car also..
@yu5h : thanks.. i yet to seen a police evo on real life.. have to find them, Razz

Thumbs up for the police evo bro.... got flaged down by them last nite... Sad

DEM DUDE! That police Evo ROCKS! cyclops Super super job.

Please consider to mass produce that Police Evo, sure our friends in PDRM want to have one.

@tunnelrat : thanks bro.. happy to hear u like them.. Smile
@shakz7 : thank bro.. got flagged ady?? btw lucky u to see them, :p.. jk jk..
@jun08 : thanks bro.. Smile
@sinclair : mass produce? EmbarassedEmbarassed

speechless... hahaha bro your evoX helang looks very impressive! decals are perfect! really speechless .. you have to share with us your decal papers... adhesive paper right? what type?

thanks bro.. erm,actually i got decal paper from our mr sinclair.. the decal paper is waterslide laserjet decal paper, i think..
i quite happy with the decal, but it's not perfect since i forgot to put deal near front lamp, :p. no one realise this? huhu..
btw i really satisfy with my customs, n love them all.. !!

I've posted jhc7598's Evo X customs on HWCM main blog coz it is really well done.

Please go there to see more pictures.

wah.. thanks bro, for this.. i didnt expect it'll get to be in HWC main page.. thanks very much and thanks all for da supports and comments..

wowo! can u make one for me? helang lebuh raya Razz
i want to show to my colleagues?

yea bro! i want that decals too! haha.. i want a hiway helang in my collection too.. congrats on making the main page! you truelly deserve it!