Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cham2020

Hotwheels Basic Car Quality......

I noticed that earlier Hotwheels cars have better quality compare to newer ones.I wonder what happened to Mattel? The increase of price of basic cars but the quality is getting worse. Unpainted details, tempos out of place, rough casting..... What you guys think? NoNo

economy of scales ...... cheap + poor workmanship .... nuff said .. alot of die cast same pattern now

agreed with enyo...
older cars had superb tampos...
not to mention details...
guess increasing price is not align with the quality of the cars...
hmm...
Sad

Yup, notice that too, the only thing living is the "Hot Wheels" Brand.....

but that Hot wheels its always nice...

Hmm, many factors that make the basic cars quality bad. One thing that is obvious is that we could get other cheaper diecast with better quality, and that really make Hot Wheels seems to have bad quality, because it didnt live up to its price..

HW produce more car models compare to others.. Neutral

yea even realtoy produce btter cars with more details and nice models

agree with raymond.. some realtoys cars are more accurate compared to basic HWs..

some ah?
i think most of them are realistic compare to hotwheels lor.....

for example, i just notice the new Pro Stock Firebird (white color with #9 tampo, new '09 card) is now shinning white plastic base oledi, compare to first available few months back it was metal base & so much heavier

also notice are, mostly new LG is now black plastic base oledi although it's rubber wheels.. car feel so light..

realtoys way more realistic like mr cham said...
and the details put is simply amazing...
the pro stock firebird got plastic base hoo...
guess its in the new wave...

yes bad quality, but our addiction still does not stop us from hauling.... HELPPPP..

look on the brightside then.. they produce better card now with print.. :rolleyes2:

Notice the car in the middle, there is a black paint scratch at the door poartion, and the back of the car, got 1 black thick line compare the other 2 dont had. QC error ? What a Face

abcd0014.jpg

Pheonix where is this Jusco? Looking for the above car variants.

I think the quality is pretty ok. Been quite the same since the last few years i collected. But sometimes it has to be the paint used and also how difficult is it to make the cast mould. Also the service duration of machines needed to maintain quality and consistency. I wouln't mind plastic or metal base. Because those cars aren't being abused anyway. But if i were going to play crash and burn like when i was a kid, a metal based car would be an advantage. Other than that, the excuse to have metal base cars are merely to be resold based on kilogrammes to buyers. hahaha.

I cannot see how having a metal base relates to quality. But i do find it distrubing Mattel is charging high prices for plastic base than metal ones. This is the only argument i could agree on.

One more thing to be consider is the wheel roundness and rolling smoothness, only by uncarding cars can we tell whether the wheels and axle are really solid and perfectly build. I bought a loose $uper Hot Bird from my friend and from a few units I chose, most of the wheels wobble horribly, don't know what's the deal with the rubbers anyway, maybe because they think collectors won't take it out the card they don't have to bother making the car roll smoothly. pity us collector.

I have a few old loose hot wheels from yesteryear and the roll is very smooth compared to current hot wheels, just shows the amount of quality they use to have.

Fadli85 wrote:
I bought a loose $uper Hot Bird from my friend and from a few units I chose, most of the wheels wobble horribly

I think you don't get the idea why they came in as 'loose' at first place.

I think hw should have more detailing in the outside...like rear lamp or stop lamp...even dont have them painted red in some model!Mostly flat in colour as the colour of the car body!

netmatrix wrote:
Pheonix where is this Jusco? Looking for the above car variants.

JJ MV. idea

undercoverbrother wrote:
Fadli85 wrote:
I bought a loose $uper Hot Bird from my friend and from a few units I chose, most of the wheels wobble horribly

I think you don't get the idea why they came in as 'loose' at first place.

Sorry my bad, you're right UCB, maybe it's REJECTED...........!

?

Hahahaha silly me.....! well hope you're right and the carded ones are a okay.....!

Fadli85 wrote:
well hope you're right and the carded ones are a okay.....!

Hehe.. carded ones should roll well, but there's this car that not only can't roll well straight out of card, actually hardly can roll at all. Laughing The infamous '06 Dairy Delivery T-Hunt.. rubber too big for the car.

or the tire too small? My TH DD undercarriage is scraping the ground. sweat

sinclair wrote:
or the tire too small? My TH DD undercarriage is scraping the ground. sweat

Ya ka, mine between base and ground got some gap but above part but wheel scraping with body itself. Bottom line is TH DD sure got problem one lol.

talking about this .. the other day I was with my group of singaporean friends talking about the lack of details in tomica now.

The panel lines are not properly done, they used to be dimisters strips of the rear windshield but now no more, detailed headlights instead of sticker or single color headlights.

The worst is the rear opening always blacken out .. what the ... how izzit compare to a real car

hmm now that u guys point out the thing bout TH DD...
i can see that mine is having same prob like UCB bro stated...
sweat