Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
undercoverbrother

Share your hw hunting stories..

Today at Tesco. Saw a lady about (30 years old or less?) standing behind me. I was looking for cars i want. And she was going through racer series. But sadly all the nice racers already gone. But in my head thinking, is there a lot of female collectors like her? Is she quietly at HWCM for info to collect cars? Questions.... questions....

mayb they r looking for good car for their children...or, some "spy-hunter"...i have a few of "spy-hunter" everywhere in Malaysia and out of Malaysia, hahaha.
well, my story is, i had met with a man at Giant. and he was looking for car for toys for his son. that time, on my hand, with numbers of yellow DD, while putting ("hiding" in fact) back some to the peg, i recommended him to buy the DD, i said it is a nice collection.
aft wards, he did buy the DD and he mailed me mentioning that his son loves the DD very much, glad that his son likes it. and, i believe he and his son start to collect HW from now on.

spreading poison, perhaps...hahaha.
no la, in fact, this good father wants to give a present for his son but not sure what type of toys he shall allow his son to play and collect, so, my recommendation is either HW and MBX. he checked with me what model shall he buy, that time, i only thog of DD. hope this man able to hunt (for his son) from recent 7-E, tesco and JJ promo, else, i gotta help him out cos i do have xtra.

Hamster n' Ice-Cream

Really true story, not makin' this up.

So i woke up early this morning, and for some reason fell asleep again.. and i had this strangest dream ever. There's this hamster in my house and he's not doing good, he's dying i think. Caught him, hold him tight and i fed the hamster ice cream, yeah ice cream. I just place the hamster inside the same cup with ice cream in it. And before i would know what's next this playa artt anime went and wake my sleep with his "dah sampai Amcorp ke" sms. I went and informed artt my dream shortly after that.

Anyway the Amcorp trip was total mess. Pissed as hell cause i lost the parking ticket no other way but to pay fine, so money gone for nothing (and i had to hutang someone for that).

So later at night i said "screw it let's go have some ice-cream", so went to the mall to eat Baskin Robin to chill myself off. Drop by Giant, and there you go.. Super Packard hanging! Called artt to tell him "the dream was a sign!". And his reply.. "Laa aku pun baru sampai sini". I can't tell how does hamster and Classic Packard makes sense, but undercover's pretty sure this dream still some divine intervention.

nujum pak belalang sign!..hehehehe....anyway congrates to ur double haul :
i) ice cream
ii) TH$ PACKARD!..Dem

Well UCB the hamster went to HW heaven to trade for a super packard for you. hahaha Pray for the little fella.

wah UCB.. congrats.. you managed to get the Packard already.. it was really a sign...

chee keng hong wrote:
Dream become reality!!!

I don't recall findin' a hamster and givin' em ice cream while awake. Razz

Anyway, got this at somewhere not proper between groceries and some goodies section. Won't repeat the SACC mistake twice. Twisted Evil

So you guys fell free to drop by nearby Giant time by time, some might place an order (the other store i went said they're expecting it next week) but you might not realize they restock cause most probably the same great Packard wave. This same Giant restocked this Packard i think 3rd time, i actually get to raid 2 Packard cases weeks ago but all were dead. No case raidin' this time, they're just there.

Went to this 7-E, and look around, just restocked it seems...ask the kakak "Kak, ni Hotwheels ada lagi stok ka?" . She then went to ask her collegue if have any stock in the wadever-place-they-store-the-hotwheels...her collegue, a dude...then shouted to the manager in the store room "YANG HIJAU 80 DI DEPAN!!!" I was like...wah, they have 80 Greens??? After taking out the remaining stock, not even a green in sight...Maybe there we're 79 people who came in to look for greens before me...and I maybe the 80th person...

lol...
80 greens in one place haha
so far me no luck at 7e...
finding dead case after another...
or maybe im late already...haha
No

Nowdays a lot of the staff in 7E around klang valley knows about T-hunts. And there are a lot of weird things happening under counter too.

It could be case of playaz going through new stocks, and when curious staff ask any specific cars you looking for, they just be frank and say i'm looking for treasure hunts. I guess that's still alrite. But some went straight into 7e and the first question they ask is "yang hijau ada tak". Razz

The weird thing i heard before is another playa who went one store and found not one but 4-5 hunts instead. And during that time it's the 1 fresh case each like last promo, not the random assortments where u can get lucky. Apparently another 7e dude himself made his huntings to neighbouring stores, and for some reason he didn't just buy and bring back home but kept a stash in his 7e instead. I leave that for you guys to speculate the reason hehe.

i went to JJ while shopping for CNY on a 1 fine day and visited the toy depart. when i was "belek belek-ing" the HW peg, a so-called "experience" male staff talking with a female staff and both were looking at me. i was wondering why tat time and ... then, only that i realized that the guy was "explaining" to a female staff tat customers are always looking for T-Hunt cos it is valuable for 2nd hand value at market. a real joke of the day (for me) where the guy simply quoted a reason for hunting T-Hunt. not 100% right but he should not simply make a common statement for those hunting TH jst for the sake of $ and somemore, "brainwashing" those who are new to HW. i was thinking to go to the counter and "join" the discussion but i was still busy belek-belek-ing" the new SM. after i had fin, the guy had gone off. well well...

perception is solely on $, hai...he is "right" (if we need to say about right and wrong) for those who are hunting only for the sake of making $. but, the comment is "not right" for those who are true collectors, tsk tsk tsk...not all of us are money-minded yo, tsk tsk tsk...

hey. thunt collectors are true collectors as well.

they just collect different things like..... money

(before anybody blows their head... i jus said it as a joke for musclemania. so dun't be standing infront of my house with pitchforks.)

LOL, u got your point there, Desmond. can't help to continue laughing LOL true thunt collectors vs $ collectors (not Super Thunt ya LOL).

another funny experience. i went to a place for HW. after belek-belek-ing the peg, no new stock. i asked the staff if there is any extra stock yet to be displayed. she answered me "No more" and went away but came back with a TH reg on hand and passed to me. she said "this is reserved by another staff for you".
WOW WOW WOW!!! speechless and happy for definite but then puzzled why somebody there reserved for me since i do not request them to do so.
the female staff made a call after passing me the car...i maybe sensitive but this was really fishy, i "buta-buta" get a TH!!! maybe i was the wrong guy at the right place LOL
ps: the female staff did not demand anything from me, appreciate her kindness indeed.

musclemania wrote:
another funny experience. i went to a place for HW. after belek-belek-ing the peg, no new stock. i asked the staff if there is any extra stock yet to be displayed. she answered me "No more" and went away but came back with a TH reg on hand and passed to me. she said "this is reserved by another staff for you".
WOW WOW WOW!!! speechless and happy for definite but then puzzled why somebody there reserved for me since i do not request them to do so.
the female staff made a call after passing me the car...i maybe sensitive but this was really fishy, i "buta-buta" get a TH!!! maybe i was the wrong guy at the right place LOL
ps: the female staff did not demand anything from me, appreciate her kindness indeed.

so YOU are the OLD UNCLE always taking thunts from staff la!

musclemania wrote:

Musclemania shared with me this story earlier, and i know you guys reading this would have like "lol the real person that hunt reserved to would have been pissed", but me and musclemania already aware funny things going on in this store. Depending how the stars aligned that day you will score a regs or supers on pegs (meaning everything goes to pegs), or sometimes the 'insider' simply choose to put it aside without anyone asking for it, ending up just anyone who walk in that day went back with greens. To give you guys hint this is the same store i shared in one of my hunting stories previously where one dude simply walked in storeroom and passed me a Super and regs on my first ever trip there. Although that dude i know no longer in charge of hw section the system remains the same i guess.

undercoverbrother wrote:

Musclemania shared with me this story earlier, and i know you guys reading this would have like "lol the real person that hunt reserved to would have been pissed", but me and musclemania already aware funny things going on in this store. Depending how the stars aligned that day you will score a regs or supers on pegs (meaning everything goes to pegs), or sometimes the 'insider' simply choose to put it aside without anyone asking for it, ending up just anyone who walk in that day went back with greens. To give you guys hint this is the same store i shared in one of my hunting stories previously where one dude simply walked in storeroom and passed me a Super and regs on my first ever trip there. Although that dude i know no longer in charge of hw section the system remains the same i guess.

also depends if you've washed ur underwear or not.

i always score when i don't wash

RGSUKAN wrote:
^ ..very nice stories..very untungla you UCB...hehehe

aiyak..wrongly quotelah this..i mean musclemania..not UCB...

well can I share my story too? I started collecting HW because of Lancer Evo X. Before, I never knew about HW or Collecting..let alone T- Hunt! So one day, I went to a supermarket...and HW was having promotion for its 40 anniversary..
suddenly I saw that Lancer Evo X in Design Challenge box.. I grabbed one box... that night, I went online..found the HW thread in Lowyat.net...started to gain interest in collecting..

Since I live in Malacca Town (coz I'm a student there), I went hunting mostly by...walking. Yep, because of the spirit to hunt (read: out - of - mind - hunting - craziness), I even walked to Ujung Pasir..before taking route to Jaya Jusco Ayer Keroh (also walking)!

Up until now, I still go here and there hunting by walking (in Malacca, of couse Very Happy)...though it sounds unreasonably unnecessary (and tiring too!), I enjoyed it because of the desire to collect HW cars...

Thanks for reading Very Happy

fath87 wrote:
well can I share my story too? I started collecting HW because of Lancer Evo X. Before, I never knew about HW or Collecting..let alone T- Hunt! So one day, I went to a supermarket...and HW was having promotion for its 40 anniversary..
suddenly I saw that Lancer Evo X in Design Challenge box.. I grabbed one box... that night, I went online..found the HW thread in Lowyat.net...started to gain interest in collecting..

Since I live in Malacca Town (coz I'm a student there), I went hunting mostly by...walking. Yep, because of the spirit to hunt (read: out - of - mind - hunting - craziness), I even walked to Ujung Pasir..before taking route to Jaya Jusco Ayer Keroh (also walking)!

Up until now, I still go here and there hunting by walking (in Malacca, of couse Very Happy)...though it sounds unreasonably unnecessary (and tiring too!), I enjoyed it because of the desire to collect HW cars...

Good hunting act for ur health too! But pls be careful walking by d roadside while hunting!

Join the club of walkers! I usually walk from KLCC-Pavilion-Lot 10-Sg Wang-BB Plaza-Times Square. There was once i walked Jln Imbi to Jln Pudu, just to hunt for HW.

I used to walk to hunt too, but JB too big now, cant walk from complex to complex..

yes suddenly i realize that walking for hunting is good for health too..

YES!!! It was me, the 32years "old" uncle on that particular day!!! LOL other days? errrr...we gotta do thorough investigation, kikiki.
Desmond, u stil remember my initial story (Aug'09 if not mistaken) on 7E experience ya. the "uncle" always goes to "sapu" and "asking for TH", LOL

demonicle wrote:
musclemania wrote:

so YOU are the OLD UNCLE always taking thunts from staff la!

i think i wore a moderate clean boxer that day...what if i wore a dirty boxer, surely score the $uper that day, LOL
thanks for the tips, Desmond, I'll make sure my boxer is the dirtiest one before hunting LOL
UCB, let's c whose underwear/boxer is dirtier LOL

undercoverbrother wrote:
musclemania wrote:

no prob, RG, hope that all of us have the same luck while hunting where the staff will pass us the green. save our time to check on peg LOL

RGSUKAN wrote:
RGSUKAN wrote:
^ ..very nice stories..very untungla you UCB...hehehe

aiyak..wrongly quotelah this..i mean musclemania..not UCB...

yupe. kful on HW snatchers, sigh...

aphong2681 wrote:
fath87 wrote:

Good hunting act for ur health too! But pls be careful walking by d roadside while hunting!

another story. went to 7E. checked on the peg. the female promoter asked what I'm looking for. I asked if there is any old model stock (cos on the peg are new stocks which I have no interest to buy). she further asked "cari hijau ke?" i replied "apa itu hijau?" she said "itulah limited edition, yang ada garis hijau dekat tepi tu. jika u nak cari, tak perlulah, adapun saya telah beli". i asked "beli hijau tu buat apa?" she said "simpanlah, buat koleksi". i further asked "staf sini boleh beli stok baru ke?". she replied "boleh la, manager takde, siapa tahu". well, this was a so-called "bad news" for collectors but no worry, not all 7Es are like that. but, good news is that, the staff is just another collector who likes to collect TH LOL
continue your hard work in hunting yo!

haha...
nice story mr musclemania~
at least she is a collector too...
shud invite him to hwcm hehe
silent

yupe, a lot of collectors from staff working at 7E, JJ, hypermarkets, etc. just wish they are "true" collectors, else, we gotta have hard time hunting on the first hand, LOL

undercoverbrother wrote:
Of course it's far from bad news, we're talking bout hundreds, near thousand of 7e outlets out there.

there are more than 700 7Es in KL n selangor.

so take 1 away from that.

another great experience for me. 2 occassions where i got the $uper and too excited where i forgot/missed out to check thoroughly the peg/case. as a result, i missed the reg LOL
but, glad tat other forumers (i label as true collector) got it.
lesson to learn: check thoroughly the peg/case no matter what before leaving LOL

Atomkinder wrote:
I had almost a familiar story.
Last year, during Bulan Ramadhan, I was hunting somewhere in Puchong area near my sister's house. I remembered it was a Saturday morning, I started hunting at about 10am and around 11am I was hungry because I didn't have breakfast, so I decided to stop at a some Mamak restaurant.
As some of you have seen me, I looked like Malay, dark skinned but I am pure chinese lah.
So, as I walked in, suddenly one of the bangla workers said to me... "Mali, Mali! Jangan takut... belakang ada tempat, mali masuk!"
I was thinking what the hell is he trying to tell me but out of curiosity, I quietly just follows him to the back of the restaurant and there's a room. Then he said..."Masuk sini, TaKpah punya boleh makan dalam"
When he opens the door of the room, there was like THREE other malay dudes in there EATING nasi lemak and teh tarik.
It's a SPECIAL HIDDEN ROOM for curi makan!
One of the guys said to me "Masuk la brader, makan la...tak puasa hari ne?"
I almost wanted to burst out laughing but I turned to the Bangla worker and says... "TaKpah! I BERANI! I MAKAN LUAR!"
Then the bangla looked at me with a shock and said "wah you manyak berani la.." then I ordered my maggi goreng.
The Bangla thought I am malay kekeke What a FaceWhat a Face

atomkinder
this is the best post i read today ( just noticed it)