Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peter1

Why????????????????????????????????????

Ask your "why" questions here in this thread.

My first "why":

Why some cars are hard to find? Less produced? Less in Malaysia? Hot? Kena sapu? WHYWHYWHY.....?

Why?? Cant get wat u mean! We get the normal card here.But we wont get others series of cars like other countries do..such as Larry garage..Since 68.. Classical..and etc.cuz that for overseas market!

Less produced & Less in Malaysia??
Our demand here cant compete with other countries!!
Here sold 1 million pcs...but jus in U.S...they reach 60 million pcs!

Kena sapu?
Of course....!Mostly all will go for the "Hot Model" 1st!

Why less? Just like any other toy maker, they will produce less of the most sought to create a demand and cause us to talk and talk and talk about it.

I tot we already had a WHY thread somewhere?

If I were you I would not have asked that question. That's me!

^
behold, the master has spoken!! RazzRazz

btw i agree with bro ckh, sinclair.. ya lo, we should just accept the way we are now..
and as mr CKH n sinclair said, we dont have more demand here compared to US..
and yes, we are small country compared to US..
if Mattel sells Larry garage, classics and so on, which now not available locally, only we collectors buy them, not kids.. the reason? price.
and also, demand had been made by Mattels as marketing strategy..
if got a lots lots of rare items now like thunt$ or VW dragbus, i mean every person can get 10-20 of them each every wave, who ever want to search high n low for them anymore? they'll lose interest in that since it can easily get..
but i think it's not very hard to get rare item instead, some of our collectors can get them all..
its not like u had to desperately find it.. it's not like u can't live without it..
can get it or not, its just luck n hardwork..

bottom line is it's not the "Why hard to find some cars" but it is " How hard do you looking for them?"

just my 2 cents..

There will always be demands for nice things! Why worry?

Hi, Peter,
If the issue is with regards to certain collectors who have been looking hard for models but still in vain, I think you have come to the solution of the "WHY" question...the ANSWER is "HWCM".
With posting/forum/gathering activities on-goingly active among members, I believe those collectors are able to get the models that they have been hunting hard (via trade, buy at "reasonable" price, even "RAOK" sometime, etc.). Else, another way is buying from the model from relevant websites (highly recommended for those with lots of "bullets", hahaha).
I think most of us came to this point of asking the "WHY" but more important is "THE SOLUTION".
Still remember the 7E hunting story that we have been sharing til now? I think that is one of the good information sharing that benefits to all members.

Rgds.

hurrmm....just follow la broo.... that Mattel it's not we punya right... if the wave on Malaysia slowly, we follow patiently la...by the right time, day, month and the year.....no woory more if we have a good "Sabar" and "WHY" we here ??? to collect the HW and support the others....

"Why some cars are hard to find?
- some others collector dah dpat la or limited my Mattel -

Less produced?
- thats limited edition -

Less in Malaysia?
- coz xport to other country first kot -

Hot?
- yep,... because Rare-

Kena sapu?
- becoz we late la bro -

WHYWHYWHY.....?"
- because we are all The HWcollectors-

Soory if I wrong but just share with u and others bro....

come to SS15 friday gathering and hope your "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" will find the answer.

danielh wrote:
come to SS15 friday gathering and hope your "whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" will find the answer.

...and Amcorp mall...also!!! Very Happy

Whyyy??? Xeifu using another avatar? i used to like previous avatar, RazzRazzRazz

Why do so many collectors collect the Dairy Delivery(DD)?

Why so little Reventons produced!? T_T

DD - coz there are a lot of nice and limited releases of this casting.

Reventon - maybe our area got less but I saw a lot in Oz. But come to think of it, my last trip I didn't see anymore.

musclemania wrote:
Hi, Peter,
If the issue is with regards to certain collectors who have been looking hard for models but still in vain, I think you have come to the solution of the "WHY" question...the ANSWER is "HWCM".
With posting/forum/gathering activities on-goingly active among members, I believe those collectors are able to get the models that they have been hunting hard (via trade, buy at "reasonable" price, even "RAOK" sometime, etc.). Else, another way is buying from the model from relevant websites (highly recommended for those with lots of "bullets", hahaha).
I think most of us came to this point of asking the "WHY" but more important is "THE SOLUTION".
Still remember the 7E hunting story that we have been sharing til now? I think that is one of the good information sharing that benefits to all members.

Rgds.

Marvellous opinion and I agreed. Thank you.

Peter wrote:
Ask your "why" questions here in this thread.

My first "why":

Why some cars are hard to find? Less produced? Less in Malaysia? Hot? Kena sapu? WHYWHYWHY.....?

Wow the rest already gave good answers for Peter's question so nothing much i could add lol. Firstly personally think 'complaining' is all good as long as it brings healthy discussion like this. Only when ppl insist only he knows best everyone else opinions is wrong then it's not pretty. As for the questions, I'll make it short and simple this time..

Less produced - All intentional. To bring the 'hype' for collectors to chase for.
Less in Malaysia - Need to be more specific. Less other HW series? Mattel is studying what they could release here, and our steady support definitely helps their decision. Less mainline car? If costly to produce naturally will be less, and with their hype game certain models too are meant to be short run. But if you meant it less only in Malaysia and more in the other countries then it should be vice versa too, and that encourage international trades.
Hot - Because of the hype.
Kena sapu - Basic law of physics. Things very less out there definitely disappears fast. But if the issue is concerning hoardings, with growing numbers of scalpers 2nd party market (thanks to the hype) it's something collectors could never avoid. But the issue is how do you assess it, in most cases it's the rapidly growing number of fellow playaz that gives impression certain cars are wiped out single handedly.

sinclair wrote:
DD - coz there are a lot of nice and limited releases of this casting.

Reventon - maybe our area got less but I saw a lot in Oz. But come to think of it, my last trip I didn't see anymore.

Thanks for the explanation bro sinclair.

I thought ppl collect DD because of it's weight..

Thanks to all for your answers. Because of the small cars, we are here to communicate with each other and life becomes more interesting ..... Sometimes I found you guys very funny and I laughed. Pemakan Api lah and in 2010 we have the cute Kotak Roti! Min Pao Hap in Cantonese. Sound funny.

Peter wrote:
Thanks to all for your answers. Because of the small cars, we are here to communicate with each other and life becomes more interesting ..... Sometimes I found you guys very funny and I laughed. Pemakan Api lah and in 2010 we have the cute Kotak Roti! Min Pao Hap in Cantonese. Sound funny.

... ... !

Mattel have changed the wave assortments beginning with Mix 'A' of 2010.

for those who have gone through it will notice that there are 4 Shelby Gt 500, 3 gallardos and 4 corvette stingrays.

then in mix 'B' u have 4 sciroccos, and 3 deloreons.

we are doing our best to satisfy everybody but it is never possible.
so we do try our best.

like i posted in the moderators board. we know that speed machines will be hitting our markets soon. so here's my 1st 'why' question.

1. why don't u say thank you.

also why don't u jus be like the rest and mention what you are looking for. its not that hard. since u dun like plastic cars then we'll narrow down ur wish list to metal cars fine. but no matter wat cars u want. we will help u.

i'll be honest Peter. i get annoyed very easily by people who have problems but don't try and solve them.

the same thing was happening with ppl complaining about scalpers. now show me how many scalpers you can find? how many scalpers are around now than before HWCM?

now for my second question.

2. why are the waves this year coming more smoother than 2008 with the chrysler wave?

obviously i have been chasing mattel regarding this and we are getting tons of new stuff. and whats more. they come almost at the same time as the US!.

last time when we see a new hunt in the US. we wud have to wait for 3-4 months for it to arrive here.

but things have changed now. WHY?

i have said it a thousand times before.

if anyone has any suggestions on what they wud like done in the HW scene here, jus say it out or just PM me.

i will try my best to work something out.

any questions asked politely will be answered politely

Quality of tampo is getting worse, e.g. torn, not properly placed,.... Why???? Nowadays, it is hard to choose one good one, so do not blame us for not buying or buying more.

Peter wrote:
Quality of tampo is getting worse, e.g. torn, not properly placed,.... Why???? Nowadays, it is hard to choose one good one, so do not blame us for not buying or buying more.

Hi Peter,

Sorry Admin if i barged in but we are working on the tempo issues. I dont speak for the HW or Mattel brand but as a engineer here we understand that.

DeadlyRush wrote:
Peter wrote:

Hi Peter,

Sorry Admin if i barged in but we are working on the tempo issues. I dont speak for the HW or Mattel brand but as a engineer here we understand that.

Welcome to the HWCM....DeadlyRush!!
Nice to have a Mattel people in this forum!! Very Happy

sinclair wrote:
Glad to hear that Mattel are hearing our woes on the tempo problem.

Remember i don't work for that department but from what i heard they are trying to fix it. So please dun get your hopes up right yet.

Anyone knows how the tampo is put on the car? This might help to understand why.

jhc7598 wrote:
Whyyy??? Xeifu using another avatar? i used to like previous avatar, RazzRazzRazz

very scary la....hehehehehe

whyyyy demon's avatar not clapping his hands anymore???
something upset him?? RazzRazz

xeifu wrote:
jhc7598 wrote:

very scary la....hehehehehe

nice what... huhu.. kinda unique, RazzRazz

kurz wrote:
something upset him?? RazzRazz

tired of clapping already, i think

kurz wrote:
something upset him??

hand full with green thingy..how to clap?...

alfagta wrote:
why can't mattel put more thunt in a box...hehe

Better like Buy 10 get 1 free TH. Buy 20 to get 1 free SuperTH.

Then no more fun in hunting peter. The rich will get super.

agree with hokuan.. only the rich got $uper.. then sell for higher price, n buy 10 more HWs n got $uper, n so on..

jhc7598 wrote:
agree with hokuan.. only the rich got $uper.. then sell for higher price, n buy 10 more HWs n got $uper, n so on..

--and if that happen..where the fun of hunting??? Cuz from hunting we do share a lot of imformation and stories fro all over the members!!

hokuan wrote:
Then no more fun in hunting peter. The rich will get super.

Just for fun I said that.

i love hunting although sometimes i got nothing but whenever i scored a super, it's a BONUS to me.........