Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yao

Catch of the Day - 16 July 2010; 5 Years of Hot Wheels Part 1

smadli07 wrote:
superb haul...
hip hip hooray!!!!

haha. maju pulau pinang What a Face

...and so I went to this mall called City Square Mall, located beside Farrer Park MRT Station to meet my girlfriend for dinner.
There are 3 possible places for Hot Wheels; Metro, Tom & Stefanie (sounds familiar from a recent hot discussion? Rolling Eyes ), and Popular.

These dozen I bought today were exclusively from Metro.

'73 Ford Falcon XB - The Falcon is a true beauty. A must for muscle car fans. This one piece really made my day!

Dodge Charger Drift Car - I don't think grey suites it best but at least the graphics is still spot on.

'70 Plymouth AAR Cuda - I've loved this Cuda ever since it was premiered last year. MC5 really suites perfectly!

'69 Mercury Cougar Eliminator - Same case as the Cuda. This version is really a beauty. Not overdone, just perfect, IMO.

'70 Plymouth Road Runner - I'm glad to find one with a decent paint job. The J5 looks a bit weird at first sight but I love the cool blue interior. Cool

'56 Ford - This is still my all-time favourite even thought the hood does not open any more...

GMC Motorhome - Hmm... why not?? Laughing

Custom V-8 Vega - Another muscle car masterpiece for this year. The Vega just looks so good on FTE. Can't wait for the black one!

Custom Ford Bronco - Okay... this may be the HW Racing Series but where's the traditional Hot Wheels Racing colours?

'56 Merc - Very cool. Hood opens. Very Happy

Deora II - A perfect theme for the Deora II

Scion xB - This one was located at the lowest peg, very deep inside. I guess my persistence paid off, even though it no longer pops off...

pydrumerboy wrote:
Did scion ever popped off. Anyway awesome haul

Old Scions can pop off boss.

I think I've seen black custom V8 Vega before. with gold lines?

Nice haul, where are all this cars. Why still not available here.

The Falcon has not arrived in Malaysia right?
The distribution is so weird... just refer to Enyo and my recent acquisitions and you'll know what I mean.

Anyway, for those who wants the Falcon very much, there should be plenty when the cases arrive.
I saw at least 5 pieces on the pegs but most have paint chips and some mishaps...
There were a couple of yellow Fairlane GT too but I'll take my time to find the better-finished ones...

One seller from eBay Australia recently listed the Falcon for $26.00...
Kononnya rare...

wow! the shuttle is really cool! and so are all the others! Shocked

Thank you for your comments.
The Falcon really made my day.

Yao wrote:
The Falcon has not arrived in Malaysia right?
The distribution is so weird... just refer to Enyo and my recent acquisitions and you'll know what I mean.

Anyway, for those who wants the Falcon very much, there should be plenty when the cases arrive.
I saw at least 5 pieces on the pegs but most have paint chips and some mishaps...
There were a couple of yellow Fairlane GT too but I'll take my time to find the better-finished ones...

One seller from eBay Australia recently listed the Falcon for $26.00...
Kononnya rare...

Falcon rare? I passed a few on the racks ady.

I have searched high and low for this 10-Pack.
This may yet be the most coveted 10-Pack as all 10 cars are not available in single pieces.
Found at Popular @ City Square Mall

Mid Mill - Never cared for this casting and this one is ridiculously light despite it's bulky look

1/4 Mile Coupe - Looks eerily close to a Ratbomb but I find this one prettier. Not that I care for both castings though.

Side Kick - If you pull out the exhaust pipes, the driver's seat will extend out.

Dodge Viper RT/10

Amazoom - This is the best looking Amazoom yet!

'64 Chevy Impala - I love white cars with red interior. What a Face

'69 Pontiac Firebird T/A - Hmm~ The single card's looks better... I.M.O.

Fast Fish - One of my all-time favourite Originals beside the La Fasta I love you

'70 Camaro RS - Full-metal body & chassis plus featured engine bay is always a good combo

2008 Lancer Evolution - For once, I thought the chassis was metal. lol!

Yep, that's the exclusive 10-pack. The cars won't be available in single cards. That's a good catch.

nice catch.. congrats..

The whole box and I only want the Lancer... ekekeke

Got these from OG @ Bugis Street and Robinsons @ Raffles City Shopping Centre.
Still no signs of the Skyline GT-R R34 and the likes in the same mix though...

2010 HW Premiere '09 Cadillac CTS-V

2010 Muscle Mania '66 Ford Fairlane GT - I'd hope for a black interior instead of white though...

2010 Faster Than Ever Triumph TR6 - This one is really gorgeous~ I love you

2010 Faster Than Ever '67 Pontiac GTO

2010 Faster Than Ever '07 Shelby GT500

2010 HW Hot Rods Custom '41 Willys Coupe - This Willys is really a step up from last year's Premiere~

2010 Race World Movie Stunts '84 Pontiac

Wow hw basic 2010 in Singapore, congrate yao

My first online purchase in almost 3 months...
I've decided to buy these with my extra income from my internship and also to celebrate 5 years of Hot Wheels collecting...
It took less than 7 days to arrive and the selling personnel is really amicable (Well, at least throughout our communication via emails).

2006 First Editions Porsche Carrera GT - My ideal Carrera GT line-up is now completed! king

Hot Wheels #983 Classic Games Series Sol-Aire CX4 - This will be a birthday gift for a dear friend come September.

2010 Hot Wheels Wayne's Garage '64 Lincoln Continental - Pretty heavy stuffs. The Continentals are currently my chase focus.

2009 9th Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals '65 Mustang Fastback - Frankly speaking, I'm quite let down by the rather subtle styling but it's still a Mustang. Perhaps black would be better choice than white?

2008 8th Annual Hot Wheels Collectors Nationals Karmann Ghia - My first Karmann Ghia and boy is it really heavy. I really love this and it's worth every dollars and cents I've spent on it. geek

Hot Wheels Since '68 Muscle Cars 4-Car Pack #2

Frankly speaking, the main reason why this pack was bought was that I wanted the Falcon Sprint so badly... cyclops

Well, that's all but here's what I bought on site after work...

2008 First Editions Corvette Grand Sport - Like the Carrera GT, my ideal line-up for this casting is complete for now. santa

wow!! Congrats Yao!! Those r really interesting casting! And some r me chase..too! Happy 5 yrs annivesary of ur HW collections!!

chee keng hong wrote:
wow!! Congrats Yao!! Those r really interesting casting! And some r me chase..too! Happy 5 yrs annivesary of ur HW collections!!

Thanks CKH. This is just Part 1... tongue
But Part 2 will only be possible come September though.

Great haul dude. Now collecting convention stuff, upgraded ady. Shocked

Really nice cars you got there. Congratz. The Sol-Aire is really unique. Can't wait to see the Part II though.

sinclair wrote:
Great haul dude. Now collecting convention stuff, upgraded ady. Shocked

Not really lah Sinclair... my collection is casting-specific.
It just so happens that both the Mustang and Karmann are part of my collecting curriculum. Smile

Speeddemonz wrote:
Really nice cars you got there. Congratz. The Sol-Aire is really unique. Can't wait to see the Part II though.

Part 2 will be mostly KMart and Walmart exclusives from 2009. I'm just going to wrap up the 2009 Mainline. Very Happy

RGSUKAN wrote:
nice haul bro yao....me like it..

Thanks~ He He~ Very Happy

inglee wrote:
Happy collecting anniversary.. hehe..

lol!lol!lol!