Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yao

Catch of the Day - 16 July 2010; 5 Years of Hot Wheels Part 1

Hello guys, I have decided to open this thread to update on my latest acquisitions and if I am not buying, posting pictures of some unusual sights.

This is to share with you all my Hot Wheels hunting/sighting at both Penang and Singapore.

Sneak Peak

Spoiler:

Went to Gurney Plaza (again) to waste some time from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm while awaiting to see a doctor at Gleneeagles with an appointment set a 3:00 pm.

Did not go to Toys 'R' Us and MPH Book Stores. Only went to Parkson as my brother was checking some clothes...

The funny thing is... I was only chatting with Enyo last night when he told me the yellow 512M is a rare item.
Actually I have seen a couple of these at TRU which I bypassed for some reasons... Neutral
The Gallardo was a shock find... hidden behind some other Basic Cars and it's really a joy to have finally find this!

These 2 are bought as a favour for Enyo. I have yet to see the matt blue versions though. If you want this, Gurney Plaza at Penang still has a lot!

Again, these are for Enyo too. I don't think I will be getting myself this any time soon although I have to say... the cuteness of this casting is starting to grow on me~ tongue

Parkson is having a 3 + 1 promotion. Since I bought 6, I am supposed to get 2 cars free. A veteran employee had asked me to choose 2 cars from the boxes, instead of from the pegs since the free cars should be those without the price tags. I almost had the chance to dig into the boxes and see what's inside them until she finally decided to give me the similar cars sans the price tag.
Oh well... silent

pydrumerboy wrote:
Nice haul.....and you should have insisted on digging the box Smile

Wanted to... Twisted Evil
But aunty was in a bit of rush and the other employees didn't even know there is this 3+1 promo... so... Sleep

nice haul yao!!! white GT LM seems easily availble a lot on the pegs..

Nrik Kueh wrote:
Wow! Nice hauling Yao!

Any chance of you helping me get one white GT LM?

I'll see if I can as my parents are starting to lose some patience after my last purchase...
lol!lol!

Nrik Kueh wrote:
Wow! Nice hauling Yao!
Any chance of you helping me get one white GT LM?

Thought of guiding you to one of the stores in Klang Valley which I stumble upon it, but then saw your location in SG..

How many do you need? I I stumble upon it again, I shall inform you..
Current the White Ford GT LM has a lot of tempo errors.. Very hard to get a perfect or a decent tempo..

Toys 'R' Us a.k.a. toys department of Parkson, Sunway Carnival Mall, Penang

Amazing last few days for me.
Yellow 512M was acquired yesterday and the nice blue version is seen here.
There were also a lot of light blue Bluebird 510.

For once I thought they were Hot Wheels boxes...
EmbarassedEmbarassed

Actually, there were only 2 small boxes of HW and while the staffs were still putting price tags on the freshly unboxed cards, I decided to visit Giant underneath to check what it has and come back to TRU later...

Guess what, there were only 5 Hot Wheels left!
MadMadMadMad
I have finally found a 2009 Heat Fleet Mad Propz but suddenly... I no longer wanted it... Neutral
There were a couple of MBX... from 2010 I think?

I asked the kakak: Boleh tak saya cari dari bakul-bakul ini?
Kakak replied: Boleh. Kalau you rajin cari lah!
Laughing

Well, for once I was like a TRU staff, helping to transfer the cars from these 2 boxes to the baskets shown above. sunny
Well, there were no THunt cars though I did manage to get 2 Ford GT LMs and 1 Gallardo for Nrik.
Fourth car is my 512M since it's still a 3+1 promo.

Speed Machines spotted!!!
More pictures have been posted on another thread... so please visit it if you want to see what is already out.

MBX acquisition from Giant which are for Enyo since I don't collect MBX although I have to say... the Porsche is really nice!

The Speed Machine I got... C6R with really amazing detailing.

Tadah~ To be smuggled to Singapore...

bro..take this as a lesson..you should not left that place even they're still tagging those HW,better if you can help they put out that cars from those boxes, you might get TH or $ packard bro.. you're consider lucky coz its a dead cases, if not sure you'll regret it..hhee

Sometimes its fun to crawl through the baskets even though you end up with nothing...
I guess this makes you appreciate your cars more.

The thread serves as a medium for me to express to joy of digging through the pegs, some of which have dusts thicker than you can possibly imagine... Shocked
Also something my family will never understand that's why I'm sharing with you all there.

sunny

Yao wrote:
Also something my family will never understand that's why I'm sharing with you all there.sunny

haha i like this

I am back in Singapore!
Very happy to be able to grab this at a toy shop inside the arrival hall of Changi Airport.

The price was slightly cheaper at $3.25 instead of the usual retail of $3.50.
Also found a great looking Barbaric but didn't get it since I have decided not to purchase Hot Wheels' Designs for now to minimize my spending.

A couple of 10-Car packs were also found with the amazing matt blue Ford GT LM. There was no point getting the pack though since most cars inside are either the ones I already have or they aren't desirable at all.

Hope to see some new stocks when I visit the toy departments here once again!

Went to IMM of Jurong East to pass the 2 Ford GT LMs to Enrique a.k.a. Nrik Kueh while trading my extra Gallardo with his silver GT-R.

Bought the Color Shifters Mustang GT from a mini toy store.
There's at least 3 places where I can get Hot Wheels in IMM, including Giant.
However, the offerings are quite pathetic... Mad

There's not even traces of Bread Box... imagine that! Mad

I have just bid for a few items on eBay Singapore and hopefully there will be good news in the days to come! clown

Went to Raffles City Shopping Centre and Suntec City, if you know where they are...

Once again, nothing interesting at all at Toys 'R' Us.
The major finding was at Carrefour...

Lots of Color Shifters and Holiday Hot Rods! Exclamation

This one proved the most desirable, but I didn't want Swoop Coupe! Mad
If only I could swap it with a Cadillac Escalade EXT... What a Face

Must be because today's the last day of school holiday, Carrefour was swarmed with people!

Things I never expected to find at Carrefour...

Yup. On the left is the Tail Dragger everyone seems to be crazy about...

I like the Deora...

If it's still here when I come again next month, I will buy it.

So... bought some Since '68 and Classics cars to reward my effort.
Nothing interesting about the basic cars actually. Neutral
Shelby's my first Matchbox.

Found these while accompanying my friend at a grocery store...
Those desperate for it can come over and get them.

Hi Yao, such comprehensive and interesting reports. Wish I were there for the Classics and Since '68 series.

Speeddemonz wrote:
Hi Yao, such comprehensive and interesting reports. Wish I were there for the Classics and Since '68 series.

There are some really nice Classics and Since '68 Cars.
It's amazing that the range is even better than the ones I have seen at Toys 'R' Us.
Or is it that most people go to TRU for these 2 series which leaves so many at C4? cyclops

haiya...why our C4 dont have since 68?
btw, congrats on your haul bro..

There's actually only 2 C4s in Singapore...
study

Yao : '68 & classics izzi new to your market?

HWCM : any news '68 or classics is coming to our shore?

fyi to all, the since '68 already there since 2 (or 3) months bck, according to my spy hunter there.
last month, i saw the same group of Since '68 at a complex there too (with 20% discount somemore). guessed that they are common in SG.

I have never collected Since '68 and Classics series, so don't really have an answer to that question since I have never paid the attention.

Have been seeing a few though at the TRUs here but the amount I saw at C4 that day was by and large the greatest I have seen which prompted me to have a thorough look.

Had a friend who bought some cool stuff from eBay which prompted me to register for an account too, but only for local purchases...

Scheduled to meet the seller at Woodlands MRT Station. Had a research on Google and realized there's a plaza just next to it.

Causeway Plaza. There were a few street artists just in front of the entrance. That should give you a good idea of what kind of place this is...
silent

This 10-Pack caught my attention...

According to Hot Wheels Wikia, this car with the Red Line wheels is Wal-Mart exclusive... but why is it here? study

Another Wal-Mart exclusive with Red Line wheels... bounce

Yet another (supposedly) Wal-Mart exclusive with the same wheels!affraid

And I thought I had seen the last of the (supposedly) Wal-Mart exclusive... Sleep

Oh well, I left the plaza empty handed but certainly did not go back in similar fashion...

Actually, my idea was to only buy the Ford Mustang GT, which was sold in a Regular & $uper double set. Since the pick-up location is quite far from where I stay, I decided to buy a few more to justify the travelling...

As for the (supposedly) Wal-Mart exclusive... perhaps they are exclusive to 10-Packs too which Wikia did not acknowledge? study

pydrumerboy wrote:
Very logical and maximizing way of shopping Smile

Nice catches

Thank you~ lol!

cham2020 wrote:
Yao
i found one ten pack at BHG bugis with the same DD
din get it..

The first pack has the Shelby and Viper which I want but the rest aren't that enticing so no buy~~~ Sleep