Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericmaxman

Organizing your HWs

I bet that many of we collectors has an inventory list of the cars we have.

Thing is, all this while, I've been using MS Excel to organize them, but lately, found out that dupes still occur.

What software do you guys use?

Anyone experienced with MS Access? I suppose Access would provide better flexibility for a database..

wah..strangely enough, i remember all the cars i bought and how many..no use excel yet..hahaha RazzRazz

I can remember, but having more than 150 cars can be torturing, and that includes my MBs also..

I have all my cars pictured, so I put them all at photobucket.com.

Greetings from Chile,

Nick.

me haven't found problems on this stuff tho...
probably cuz my collection is still tiny...hehe
but i do list down what cars that i have either using notes on mobile phones or posters and such...
Wink

Then....if no take photo, how can u guys remember what you have?

I am very meticulous about this...

Embarassed

Then again...for those Tech-savvy..they may invest in a PDA to input all photos and details about their entire collection. So when they hunt there's a reference. Just the 'older' collectors they tend to trust their memory gland lol...also since couple years back Mattel started to have posters so that's another method (but not complete list & pics)

What I use to do is...keep a copy saved on database, update every week or so (on variations, next colour etc), print out a copy (you can jot down newer info as you go along) and keep the list handy...in the car, ur wallet, pocket whichever Smile

last time i use excel also , but then lost track..
then try focusing only on treasure hunt using excel..darn i lost track oso..

now follow demon step..if like buy only if got extra $$$

kuih_tiow wrote:
last time i use excel also , but then lost track..

now follow demon step..if like buy only if got extra $$$

Good choice *thumbsup*

I keep track in very precise manner, recording every trade made, how much shipping and stuff. I do this just to be aware value for each of my set, e.g in 12 Supers, maybe 8 i scored paid over counter, 3 were trades using another Super/other cars, 1 bought from scalper at marked up price. So in total i get the idea how much i spent to complete my Supers, and if i could find way to reduce my total i'll do it e.g replacing the same super at cheaper price and selling back the first one at how much i got it for. or trading it with slightly 'unbalanced' deal to cover the loss. In the end i'll tell myself "Hey i just spent less than rm100 to complete Supers!".

undercoverbrother wrote:
I keep track in very precise manner, recording every trade made, how much shipping and stuff. I do this just to be aware value for each of my set, e.g in 12 Supers, maybe 8 i scored paid over counter, 3 were trades using another Super/other cars, 1 bought from scalper at marked up price. So in total i get the idea how much i spent to complete my Supers, and if i could find way to reduce my total i'll do it e.g replacing the same super at cheaper price and selling back the first one at how much i got it for. or trading it with slightly 'unbalanced' deal to cover the loss. In the end i'll tell myself "Hey i just spent less than rm100 to complete Supers!".

salute!!

kuih_tiow wrote:

Wow!! collect Hunts until lost track... action-nya

try using this software libra 0.9.2 ur webcam can use as barcode detecter............

libra...
mcm pernah dgr...
only 4mb size...
wanna try on jap~
thanks for the info raymond...
Wink

Raymond wrote:
try using this software libra 0.9.2 ur webcam can use as barcode detecter............

Care to elaborate more?

Raymond wrote:

Update -> this method did not work... Or did I miss something here?

thefuhrer wrote:
kuih_tiow wrote:

Wow!! collect Hunts until lost track... action-nya

no lah..last time trade here trade there...put some in the box..put some in the cabinet...scramble2 here there...
then the excel pun oredi konpius...

yeah...
i failed too using the libra...
or maybe i dont know how to properly use it...
Embarassed

Libra only works for book, games, DVD and music CDs that are available off Amazon. Are HWs available from Amazon?

every year i buy a notebook(those long ones) and write from A-Z and write down the cars or collections name with date and from(HW or MB) n keep..like log book la..

wow...
u must be really rajin premendran...
i use to write the cars name only...
then after a while getting lazier and lazier...
hehe
Embarassed