Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorrr

It's a Gas!

March 2010 was "Drag-strip" month for the "Battle of the Kustomizers" comp at "The Corner".
I entered this Pass'n Gasser in the "Mild" category, and I WON..... unfortunately there were only 2 entries in "Mild", but I still think it was a good win since it got 90% of the votes.

This is the first time I have created my own original decals, trying to capture the look of the '60s-'70s gassers and their crazy paint styles such as lace masking and fish scales, the graphics were done in Photoshop and printed on clear waterslide decal paper.

Casting - HW Pass'n Gasser
Paint - Plain white with decals and foil applied, then clearcoated.
Chassis, interior, engine, tail lights and chute hand painted with foil accents, grille black washed.
Wheels - Maisto Custom Shop/Jada

I am happy with how the decals turned out, so I have added decals to my kuztomizing techniques.

Thanks for looking.

wow! i love it! nice decals there! at first i was expecting some fire, but this also nice! congrats ! whats the prize What a Face

Love wat u have done to the car!! Can see the "NOS"!!! wow!!!
and nice decal..too!! Seem that u also taking ur custom works to the next level!!!!

Thanks guys... glad you all like it.

ADVedder wrote:
wow! i love it! nice decals there! at first i was expecting some fire, but this also nice! congrats ! whats the prize

Well.... it won me an entry to the final comp... the "Battle Royal" .....not sure it there were any other prizes this month.

Outstanding! Those decals look so intricate!

Congrats on your win!