Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wildspirit

HOTWHEELS BLUES

Sometime I had some weird feelings that this hobbies is too exhausted. Maybe due to uncounted haunting but not bear any fruits. Maybe at haunting spot you just cannot remember which car you already buy, what color, do this tempo you already have. Maybe to your home or your room, as its already turns to boxes jungle and your hotwheels is all over the place. Maybe you think to search some car but you forget where the hell you put it and searching alone can consume hours and relentless energy. Maybe to your other half you just can't help it but just playing stupid.
Maybe this forum is not fun anymore..sometime. Countless night you stayed but car you want is not there. Maybe you met with other collectors/seller but the price..walauweiii. Maybe to your Hotwheels commitment you just but no risk anymore.Maybe this Blues is actually the treasured experience, more fun actually but not as you expected.
How smart are you into this hobby,everyone must been hit by this Hotwheels Blues....honestly...can you tell?

Sometimes its really tiring to travel 100km or more a day just to find cars. The recent one was the F1 GTR that takes 60km to find in some 7E. And the plastic bins in the house is piling up. I might probably stop HW and just concentrate on Disney CARS. They are higher price and are less prone to getting hauled up in large quantities at 1 go. but it depends on a lot of factor why u want to collect in the first place. Do you really like them? Or r u merely just getting them for only reasons known to you?

Actually the problem isn't really getting all the 90% of the Hw cars. Its the 10% that is hard to find because its frequently targeted and hauled in large quantities. Excluding Thunt that are even more sought after with even worse quantities. So you either collect the 90% and skip the 10% or go for obscure stuff like the Garage series. You can only collect without disappointment when you make a niche market for yourself.

Actually u r not the first guy to post things like this. Many actually stop collecting silently. I may eventually fade away too.

I already got too many cars I think. So now concentrate on a few casting only. I do have some casual casting that I collect but only if it is cheap and easy to get.

I do arrange my cars in boxes according to casting and take stock. Sometimes take photos and keep in the mobile phone or keep a list of cars that I already have. Must diligently update in order to prevent double purchase or strike at the rare items.

Part of the fun of hauling is the hunting part. I admit is disappointing many times to find nothing but sometimes we do hit gold.

I do agree sometimes the price of some items can be sky high, then just pass it by if unreasonable. But should do some analysis of the market price of that item, sometimes do have to pay a higher price for more rare items.

Maybe a short break to do something else may help. Then back to the big passion for small cars. cheers

I am still analysing the effect to stop this hobby. Examples: selling 1,000 pieces of diecast at RM12,000.

whoa.. got tempat luahan perasaan.... maybe can break into sing and dance after that.. macam GLEE...heehee... and btw wildspirit u pegi tempat 'haunting' mana ada keta daaa hantu adala wakaka.. orang g 7e ko g kubur ke ape... now let us all sing still got the blues...

somethin for wildspirit and netmtrx...

Spoiler:

sometimes we do feel the blues.......hunting for some wanted items to the extend of going beyond the limits, travelling far just for searching some particulars items and came back nothing and maybe sometimes we do strike gold.That's part and parcel of hunting and collecting hotwheels.
But if we sit down and waiting for all the goodies, $TH and whatever comes knocking on your front door, there will be no fun in hunting and collecting HW except for some purchase that are really hard to find locally.

For me, the most which i've treasure is i found a lot of friends here. Razz

i take this as easy as...its only a hobby... your own life is more important, as long as still sihat dan gagah consider allright for me..hehehe..my 3rd $TH now appearing..hahahha

hehehe... I knew something like this would came up soon...

What I can say is, be a smart collector.. or a hobbyist..
What does this mean is that, for example, Hot Wheels..
Mainline as it is has nearly 200++ cars per year.. Collecting all of them would make you look cool among members.... "Wow, look at him, he has bought the whole 2010 collection, he must be a hard core collector.." but the fact,that is just silly and retard.. Those people might praise you with "Nice haul there bro" or "Fuyooo, massive haul" or "wow, rare collections" but are they being sincerely true about them?

But a smart collector, only collects certain casting.. It can one casting or two or three or even ten... But for surely he doesn't buy the whole year series...
Sometimes that certain casting are hard to get due to limited items, scalper and hoarders, but you search patiently, you might eventually get it.. sometimes its expensive, sometimes its cheap.. all simply luck..

But to be the first to have something and the one with rare collections, be ready to pay the price..

What does this forum means to the collectors?
- A space to publish their superbly hauling session?
- A place to share and change knowledge about Hws?
- A place to make new friends?
- or a place to scalp people?

We can see that people are posting hauling at these places and that places especially during the 7e Promo or other places restock, and usually we would see what casting they scores, try not to hit those places.. You might end up with nothing and then bitch about it..

That is why we need to be smart collector.. There are like 500++ members in the forum.. There's this thing called SHARING AND TRADING...
Surely there would be 10% of them could spare some of the collections with you..
But remember, in order for you to received, you need to give as well..
This is a 2 way lane... Don't be a vacuum and try to suck all...

You might have lotsa money to buy this and that, but do you have the brain or the passion towards the hobby?

Just my 2 cents.. Happy hunting y'all..
No hearts feeling ya... Smile

hassan wrote:
sometin to shoo them blues away....
Spoiler:

ROTFLMAO!

danielh wrote:
For me, the most which i've treasure is i found a lot of friends here. Razz

You are right, dude. That's the best reason for collecting Hot Wheels.

hassan wrote:
whoa.. got tempat luahan perasaan.... maybe can break into sing and dance after that.. macam GLEE...heehee... and btw wildspirit u pegi tempat 'haunting' mana ada keta daaa hantu adala wakaka.. orang g 7e ko g kubur ke ape... now let us all sing still got the blues...

goblok!!!

mushr00m wrote:
hehehe... I knew something like this would came up soon...

What I can say is, be a smart collector.. or a hobbyist..
What does this mean is that, for example, Hot Wheels..
Mainline as it is has nearly 200++ cars per year.. Collecting all of them would make you look cool among members.... "Wow, look at him, he has bought the whole 2010 collection, he must be a hard core collector.." but the fact,that is just silly and retard.. Those people might praise you with "Nice haul there bro" or "Fuyooo, massive haul" or "wow, rare collections" but are they being sincerely true about them?

But a smart collector, only collects certain casting.. It can one casting or two or three or even ten... But for surely he doesn't buy the whole year series...
Sometimes that certain casting are hard to get due to limited items, scalper and hoarders, but you search patiently, you might eventually get it.. sometimes its expensive, sometimes its cheap.. all simply luck..

But to be the first to have something and the one with rare collections, be ready to pay the price..

What does this forum means to the collectors?
- A space to publish their superbly hauling session?
- A place to share and change knowledge about Hws?
- A place to make new friends?
- or a place to scalp people?

We can see that people are posting hauling at these places and that places especially during the 7e Promo or other places restock, and usually we would see what casting they scores, try not to hit those places.. You might end up with nothing and then bitch about it..

That is why we need to be smart collector.. There are like 500++ members in the forum.. There's this thing called SHARING AND TRADING...
Surely there would be 10% of them could spare some of the collections with you..
But remember, in order for you to received, you need to give as well..
This is a 2 way lane... Don't be a vacuum and try to suck all...

You might have lotsa money to buy this and that, but do you have the brain or the passion towards the hobby?

Just my 2 cents.. Happy hunting y'all..
No hearts feeling ya... Smile

Best one..bravo.
Just feeling tired with other commitment that just can't allocate my time to forum and my collections.

weird as many of you just playing cool. be strong. admit it. this is totally fun stuff ...repeat.... totally fun stuff.. but still have a setback. Hell no if this topic wanna made you quit this passions. sharing is caring. you response to others but you still have a something for this topic. Maybe is about yourself and maybe about others what a blues you get from. Cakap belakang tak main la.

Hassan giler at C Ronaldo. Does he come to Amcorp every week wearing C Ronaldo inspired shorts and hairdo? Whats more does the inches count?

undercoverbrother wrote:
netmatrix wrote:
Whats more does the inches count?

sikit aje

.. say what u want la guys..but in truth u guys fap to his pics everyday.. n make excuse minat bola konon.. n ur just piss coz i make ur 'kekasih' look like a testicular lacking loser..... ahahaha...

wildspirit wrote:
hassan wrote:

goblok!!!

ko nak mantra untuk seru momok 'die'cast ke bro...

1st is call hobby, then after u know about hotwheels story, is become a habit for you to hunt the car when ever you go out, see 7e, sure u will going even u no buying anything.

Though this hobby is help u spend your spare time, look like now you are spending all ur time on hotwheels. Twisted Evil

A little knowledge (of hotwheels) is a dangerous thing. So is a lot.

Btw, what is Thunt$ ? tongue

hassan wrote:
wildspirit wrote:
hassan wrote:

goblok!!!

Aku memang nak mantra so aku ad banyak momok dgn jinn. Jinn kalau banyak lagi bagus. Ribu-ribu pon takpe. Reason:

1. Dapat suruh Jinn jaga sume 7e, Jusco, Parkson, Giant dgn Tesco. Sume sclapers nak cari keta tak nampak keta nampak Barbie dolls jer. Another jinn akan possessed scalpers tu jadi Barbie dolls collector pulak.

2. Dpt suruh jinn gi US beli keta so tak payah bayar post mail lagi.

3. Ada jinn jaga keta2 kat rumah aku. Bersihkan. Simpankan. Carikan keta bila aku suruh. Postkan keta2 kat forum sebab ada 90% lagi belum post.

4. Suruh jinn aku tukar avatar Ronaldo ko tu jadi ko sendiri. Obsessed sgt ke ko dgn core neck org lain .

Wow......great topics and agreed most of it too. Cheers everyone.....enjoy!

wildspirit wrote:
hassan wrote:
wildspirit wrote:
hassan wrote:

goblok!!!

Aku memang nak mantra so aku ad banyak momok dgn jinn. Jinn kalau banyak lagi bagus. Ribu-ribu pon takpe. Reason:

1. Dapat suruh Jinn jaga sume 7e, Jusco, Parkson, Giant dgn Tesco. Sume sclapers nak cari keta tak nampak keta nampak Barbie dolls jer. Another jinn akan possessed scalpers tu jadi Barbie dolls collector pulak.

2. Dpt suruh jinn gi US beli keta so tak payah bayar post mail lagi.

3. Ada jinn jaga keta2 kat rumah aku. Bersihkan. Simpankan. Carikan keta bila aku suruh. Postkan keta2 kat forum sebab ada 90% lagi belum post.

4. Suruh jinn aku tukar avatar Ronaldo ko tu jadi ko sendiri. Obsessed sgt ke ko dgn core neck org lain .

Wildspirit, still got hotwheel blue!