Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thefuhrer

Latest Books : Hotwheels Variations 4th Edition by Mike Zarnock is out !!

Found this at Kinokuniya on Tuesday night. This latest 4th edition will cover until 2008 releases. I saw only 1 copy. Me never took it. Not sure if it's still around after 3 days. Good luck...

rm130

hmmm mr wildspirit got it some time ady.. interesting read... Very Happy

sahama wrote:
Best buy for collectors -wildspirit

maybe they wait to collect all 2008 info 1st, then spend whole 2009 preparation & printing, out 1st half of 2010 lor...

sinclair wrote:
Only up to 2008 variations? But published in 2010?

(ops! wrong quote) maybe they wait to collect all 2008 info 1st, then spend whole 2009 preparation & printing, out 1st half of 2010 lor...

variation hunter, go for the book!

ps: then leh pinjam nak potostet bahagian civic aje.. LOL

sahama wrote:

Got it about 3 months ago . Yup from Konikuniya. More HW books actually there.
The only culprit questions : MONEY aka bullet and more.

wildspirit wrote:
sahama wrote:

Congratulation you are seem more knowledge than us about HW

sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:
sahama wrote:

Congratulation you are seem more knowledge than us about HW

cheers

sahama wrote:
Buy one and posted in the messenger forum

yeah!! Then u buy & posted in thisforum for us to share!! Thanks! Razz

From this book I get to know something like this:
1 of my corvette '88 is valued at USD 770.OO.
another 5-6 cars also from '88 is valued from USD 250 - 350.
many others is more than USD 50.00 ( other years )
many mainline is valued more than T-Hunts.
now need to wait book for my collections '79 - '87 as currently there only a older version published on '99 - '00. Anybody know any reference for value of RLC and HW issues?

wildspirit wrote:
now need to wait book for my collections '79 - '87 as currently there only a older version published on '99 - '00. Anybody know any reference for value of RLC and HW issues?

What is most expensive hot wheel?

sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

beach bomb - usd 75,000

eight wrote:
sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

beach bomb - usd 75,000

THanks eight - what second most expensive model pula?

sahama wrote:
eight wrote:
sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

beach bomb - usd 75,000

..any casting would be possible to be expensive...!! 50 carat diamond attached to the casting and then the price will be...kaboooom!! Razz

chee keng hong wrote:
sahama wrote:
eight wrote:
sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

beach bomb - usd 75,000

..any casting would be possible to be expensive...!! 50 carat diamond attached to the casting and then the price will be...kaboooom!! Razz

Thats will be diffent things, anyway thanks. Should see Pawn Star on History Channel.

sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

In that book is '89 Corvette funny car at USD 3,500.00 and 2nd is '89 Woodie at USD 2,200.00. All those is mainline car.

wildspirit wrote:
sahama wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

In that book is '89 Corvette funny car at USD 3,500.00 and 2nd is '89 Woodie at USD 2,200.00. All those is mainline car.

Now only I know. Thanks.

This could be the most expensive of all. Quote from wiki.

Quote :
Hot Wheels Designers Howard Rees and Larry Wood modified the casting, extending the side fenders to accommodate the track width, as well as providing a new place on the vehicle to store each of the plastic surfboards. The roof was also cut away and replaced by a full-length sunroof, to lower the center of gravity. Nicknamed "Side-loader" by collectors, this was the production version of the Beach Bomb.

The Rear-Loader Beach Bomb is widely considered the "Holy Grail" of any Hot Wheels collection. An unknown number were made as test subjects and given to employees. A regular production Beach Bomb may be worth up to $600, depending on condition. Market prices on RLBBs however, have easily reached the five-figure plateau. Within the last decade, one of two existing hot pink RLBBs sold for reportedly above $70,000 to a well-respected and widely known Hot Wheels collector. The Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles had a pink RLBB in its Hot Wheels exhibit. It was displayed on a single rotating platform, much like the kind used to showcase precious gems. The Hot Wheels Collectors Club released a new, updated version of the rear loading Beach Bomb in 2002 as a limited edition.

Beach Bomb indeed cost a BOMB !! But why exactly it cost so much? I tot the 1st Sixteen should be the most expensive coz they roll out 1st...

netmatrix wrote:
This could be the most expensive of all. Quote from wiki.

Quote :
Hot Wheels Designers Howard Rees and Larry Wood modified the casting, extending the side fenders to accommodate the track width, as well as providing a new place on the vehicle to store each of the plastic surfboards. The roof was also cut away and replaced by a full-length sunroof, to lower the center of gravity. Nicknamed "Side-loader" by collectors, this was the production version of the Beach Bomb.

The Rear-Loader Beach Bomb is widely considered the "Holy Grail" of any Hot Wheels collection. An unknown number were made as test subjects and given to employees. A regular production Beach Bomb may be worth up to $600, depending on condition. Market prices on RLBBs however, have easily reached the five-figure plateau. Within the last decade, one of two existing hot pink RLBBs sold for reportedly above $70,000 to a well-respected and widely known Hot Wheels collector. The Peterson Automotive Museum in Los Angeles had a pink RLBB in its Hot Wheels exhibit. It was displayed on a single rotating platform, much like the kind used to showcase precious gems. The Hot Wheels Collectors Club released a new, updated version of the rear loading Beach Bomb in 2002 as a limited edition.

got any pic???

thefuhrer wrote:
Beach Bomb indeed cost a BOMB !! But why exactly it cost so much? I tot the 1st Sixteen should be the most expensive coz they roll out 1st...

First '69 BB production can be consider as first HW ERROR!!!! and also that pink most expensive employee only issues can be consider as first SPECIAL ISSUES...refer to my BB pages.

wildspirit wrote:
thefuhrer wrote:

First '69 BB production can be consider as first HW ERROR!!!! and also that pink most expensive employee only issues can be consider as first SPECIAL ISSUES...refer to my BB pages.

Drag bus ada yang mahal ke dalam sejarah.

thefuhrer wrote:
sinclair wrote:
Only up to 2008 variations? But published in 2010?

(ops! wrong quote) maybe they wait to collect all 2008 info 1st, then spend whole 2009 preparation & printing, out 1st half of 2010 lor...

Yes.... My books are usually 2 years behind. It takes a year to photograph, put together and edit and then publishing and printing takes almost another year. I also always wait at least 2 years for the prices to stabilize and for all the variations to be found. It's very rare if at all a new variation will be found 2 years after a car has been released.
Below is a video I did explaining it all.
Thanx for the continued support!
Mike
[flash]
[/flash]

Wow Mike Zarnock read our forum, great. Question: When are you going to publish your 5th edition, mike?

sahama wrote:
Wow Mike Zarnock read our forum, great. Question: When are you going to publish your 5th edition, mike?

The 5th Edition is in the works. Of course it will go up to 2010 or maybe even 2011. It all depends on when the contract is set and signed. It's all up to the publisher....

undercoverbrother wrote:
Hi Mike, welcome to hwcm. Got myself the 4th edition book. Interesting read!

I hope its helped you to find more cars for your collection.

Hi Mike, I've saw photos from your museum definitely a record holder