Please do not use an email address as your username. If you have, please change your username. ×
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rikmun

Jada 2005 Ford GT

my uncle recently just bought me one.A Jada 2005 Ford GT.(I dont even know Jada produce plastic model kits).So I think...Why not?...So there I started of with plastic model kits.This is my first ever 1:24 Plastic Model Kits.Comments and critics welcome!

This is the Box

From what I've learnt,sanding off mould lines are quite important in making plastic models

The wheels

The brakes.I painted the calipers red and discs silver and detailed them

Chassis and Suspensions

Paint them flat black

The rear bumper(I dont know what those defects called when its removed from the plastic sprue)

sand them off

Dry fitting
The engine block

Paint the bodywork primer grey and white again as base colour as I decided to make it red.So the red will looks more striking with white base.

Steering wheel.Paint it flat black and detail with silver pen

And now,The Interior done and engine bay done sticked on the chassis.Still have some minor details not done yet.

The wheels and Brakes

And now,Mask the mirror and paint it flat black

Thats what I did in two days time.The body is now painted few layers of red and now decaled.I'll put on clear tomorrow and dry for a few days and try to polish it:)

looking forward for the result! This make my hand itch for plastic model too..

seriously ur work is soo fast but yet still doing good
keep it up! Smile

Update on the stripes and interior.
They gave me waterslide stripes but I am not quite satisfied with it.So I masked and sprayed.except for the side stripes which have the wordings 'Ford GT'.And I also added some other water slide decals by myself.

And for the interior,I added 4-point seatbelts by using masking tape sprayed in red and 'silver parts'.

Thats all.Wait for completely dried and will spray clear coat on it.

FuuYOO!!! fantastic! I want this too! fu! fu! fu! fu! fu! fu! cheerscheerscheers