Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Thorrr

Vega Street Machine

Vega Street Machine.......Welcome to the 80's

This was built for an online competition where the casting had to be the Hotwheels Custom V8 Vega.
Like much from the 80's, it turned out to not be very popular today, scoring a 7th place out of 11 entries.

I built it to represent the cars I grew up with that shaped my interest in modifies cars.... street machines from the 80's.
Inspiration came from the time when "Pro Street" was just starting to become the "hot new style", so it still has the older style 5 spoke mags, side pipes and a jacked up rear end, but a new "Pro Street" style paint job and alloy paneling in the engine bay.

So... what's in it???
The hood was cut out and a new engine bay formed from alloy and a Maisto enging dropped in
a new rear axle tube was installed to raise the back
the body was painted yellow, decals applied for the graphics and foil for the chrome trim, headlights and taillights
side pipes from a Maisto Corvette
and it all sits on a new set of sparkling 5 spoke mags with real rubber tires.

...and a couple of pics showing it with the original casting.

Thanks for looking

awesome la, Thorr........

wah nice bro.. how did u do the chroming bro?
boleh share kah?

High amp'ed '80s Vega. True 80s beauty... why you not Hotwheels designer man?

Man affraid how did i missed this post!!! likey the decal...very 'retro' Smile

Thanks for the nice comments guys, glad you like the car..... even though it is really 80's retro.

smadli07 wrote:
great workmanship!!
what camera u use??

I use a Canon Powershot A650 , I had to buy it used, because the new Canon "A" series cameras don't have all the features I want (especially the fold out LCD screen) I had different brands of digital cameras before I got a Canon and discovered the fantastic picture quality, and I have only bought Canon since.

bro... can u show to us on how u do it... step by step (with pictures)..... hehe... tq..

such a excelent creation custom bro..always suprisingly when u do custom bro...yes i agree with madmax..show some WIP on ur custom as we need to learn it from ur master... Smile

superb custom!
i want this..

hehehehehehe

Love the colors and all the details very nicely done!!! god