Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GT347

Creator of Hot Wheels dies at 95

elliot10.jpg

Elliot Handler provided countless hours of joy to young men and women around the world. He is one half of the team that founded the Mattel toy company in 1945. Elliot, along with his wife Ruth and Mattel co-founder Harold Matson, established a business that's now a multi-billion dollar company employing over 30,000 people.

Elliot and Ruth (pictured together at right) created toys that are cherished by millions. Ruth is credited with bringing the Barbie lineup to life, while Elliot built Hot Wheels so that boys would also have a toy of their own.

Elliot Handler was born in Chicago, Illinois on April 9, 1916. His wife Ruth passed away on April 27, 2002. Elliot passed away on Thursday at the age of 95.

Our condolences go out to his family, and we'd just like to thank Handler for all the happy memories.

21 July will be a date to remember for collectors.RIP man..u gave me such a great exp with it.totally unspokeable..

SALUTE....

i guess if u r young at heart all the way, u'll end up with a very old body... what a joy to end such wonderful life

whoa.. so that hot mama is single again.... drooldrooldrool .... j.k...j.k.... RIP Father of hotwheels..... godgodgod

terima kasih pakcik hotwheels kerana menceriakan kami dgn kereta2 kecik... n makcik barbie dolls sebab menjadikan fantasi hassan menjadi realiti... kami tabik hormat... kingqueen

Condolence to his family... may he RIP...

matbear82 wrote:
terima kasih pakcik hotwheels kerana menceriakan kami dgn kereta2 kecik... n makcik barbie dolls sebab menjadikan fantasi hassan menjadi realiti... kami tabik hormat... kingqueen

lol!lol!lol!

My utmost respect and salute to this man - Elliot Handler !
R.I.P