Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Prissy

DAVID @ Extreme Makeover Home Edition (1/10) - Reairing *8/8*

KokomoTribune: Recording artist David Cook will be in Miami County to help Extreme Makeover rebuild the Cowan-Brown's family home.

The family will go on
vacation to Disneyland while the “Extreme Makeover” team, including
Pennington, designers Paul DiMeo, Didiayer Snyder, and “American Idol”
alumni David Cook, rebuild the house.

“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” is in its seventh season on ABC TV.

Build schedule:

Oct. 21: Family notified, known as the “door knock”

Oct. 22: Demolition of the existing house

Oct. 27: House reveal, known as “Move that bus!”

Source

Here is a link to the crew's photo page. They keep adding pics. Hopefully once David gets there we will have some of him on the job site!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hallmarkhomesinc

Is this the January surprise??!! That's awesome. Not only a TV appearance, but a TV appearance in which he's doing something so worthwhile and generous. He finally has an extended break from the tour and he spends part of it doing this?? Shouldn't surprise me anymore.

http://www.kokomotribune.com/local/local_story_294105053.html

Quote :
NEW: Extreme Makeover family announced

Cowan Brown bunker hill kori

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition has announced its recipient the Cowan-Brown family of Bunker Hill.

Kokomo area residents might be familiar with this family's daughter, Kori Brown, who has raised money to fight cancer in honor of her best friend while battling her own blood disease.

On Wednesday, Ty Pennington and his team traveled to Miami County to meet the family.

The show will feature the rebuilding of the home of the Andy and Heather Cowan, factory workers who struggle to support their four children Ryan, 16, Trevor, 13, Mason, 8, and their daughter Kori, 12, who is battling a congenital blood disease.

At the age of 6, Kori was diagnosed with a congenital blood disease, affecting her immune system. Kori has developed polyps in her nasal cavity and behind her eyes. She has already endured 17 operations as a result of these painful growths, which must be surgically removed. Doctors believe these polyps may be the result of environmental issues facing the family's home, including an extreme mold infestation. Ryan, Andy and Heather's oldest son, has also fallen ill and has gone to live with his biological father – tearing apart this close-knit family.

Despite the daily struggles Kori faces, she has not let her disease slow her down. During one of her stays at the blood clinic, Kori was inspired by a little girl with whom she shared a room and who remains one of her best friends. Kori has raised over $35,000 for the American Cancer Society in honor of her friend while being restricted to the upstairs of her family's deteriorating home.

"Now, it's up to 'Extreme Makeover: Home Edition' to build Kori and her family a safe, new home that will allow her to not just fight her own disease, but continue to fight cancer as well," said the show's producer in a press release.

The family will go on vacation to Disneyland while "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" Pennington, designers Paul DiMeo, Didiayer Snyder, and Xzibit, celebrity volunteer Platinum-selling artist David Cook, local builder Hallmark Homes, and community volunteers rebuild their home.

[deleted address]

Apparently, they're taping the show this week.

Guest Guest

That's awesome... could be he's going to perform. Extreme Home Makeover rebuilt a house in my town, and they brought someone in... can't remember who now, it's been a couple of years... to perform for the unveiling/street party they had at the end. Part of which was aired on the show.

That's not to say that he couldn't be working on the house too, or only working on the house.

I'm surprised that's being reported though... they at least used to not want any publicity prior to the shoot. The families know they are being considered for an Extreme Home Makeover, and have given their permission if they are chosen, but they aren't supposed to know until they get the "wake up" call.

It was weird, because a lot of people had to know... some of that work is done by local people weeks before they come out. Plans are done, parts are ordered... even my son's pizza shop had been contacted to provide one of the meals for the workers. But everyone was supposed to be sworn to secrecy until the day filming began, so the family wouldn't have any advance knowledge.

eta: I see they've already done the "unveiling" to the family, so that makes sense. It also sounds like David will be doing actual work... I love it! Awww Love

This surely pleases my anxiety to see David on TV. Have to say that this is better than us guessing in which TV show would´ve he been appeared.
Cant wait the show to see it
and well, with things like these, why I shouldn´t be proud of being a fan of such a good hearted human being as this man?

I admit, I had a couple of thoughts running through my head...

First, how great an idea it is -- it's generous, and good-hearted, and right up his alley as far as helping people. And the publicity can't hurt him, either.

Second, um... anyone remember that story about how he built all those tables badly? LOL flag Here's hoping Pennington will take that into account... Very Happy

(Still loving the whole concept, though, potentially shoddy tables and all. Wink )

@cimorene wrote:

First, how great an idea it is -- it's generous, and good-hearted, and right up his alley as far as helping people. And the publicity can't hurt him, either.

Second, um... anyone remember that story about how he built all those tables badly? LOL flag Here's hoping Pennington will take that into account... Very Happy

(Still loving the whole concept, though, potentially shoddy tables and all. Wink )
LOL flag I completely forgot about the furniture store job!!!!!!!!

this is just another reason why we love him so much, such a big heart to contribute to those who need it.

OMG, This is absolutely amazing.

@cimorene wrote:

LOL flag Let's hope he won't be building any tables... or any other furniture for that matter.

wow this is awesome that he is doing this.... I live only 2 hours from miami. (don't worry i wont drive down just to go see him and i dont know how to build a house so there is no reason to go) lol but i would be cool to go to the end when they all yell move that bus! so i guess we know what dave is doing on his 2 week vacation

@cimorene wrote:

lmao! I totally forgot about that. Maybe he'll stick to the little things and Ty will help Razz

@ocangel85 wrote:
wow this is awesome that he is doing this.... I live only 2 hours from miami. (don't worry i wont drive down just to go see him and i dont know how to build a house so there is no reason to go) lol but i would be cool to go to the end when they all yell move that bus! so i guess we know what dave is doing on his 2 week vacation

It's Miami County. I'm pretty sure it's in Indiana.

@Prissy wrote:
KokomoTribune: Recording artist David Cook will be in Miami County to help Extreme Makeover rebuild the Cowan-Brown's family home.

The family will go on
vacation to Disneyland while the “Extreme Makeover” team, including
Pennington, designers Paul DiMeo, Didiayer Snyder, and “American Idol”
alumni David Cook, rebuild the house.

“Extreme Makeover: Home Edition” is in its seventh season on ABC TV.

Build schedule:

Oct. 21: Family notified, known as the “door knock”

Oct. 22: Demolition of the existing house

Oct. 27: House reveal, known as “Move that bus!”

Source

Yahoo! OMG !!! Yahoo!
I always thought that one day David would be envolved with this program - which I LOVE !!!
It's an amazing thing he is doing - he really has a golden warm huge heart !!!Awww Love
I cannot wait to see him at the episode !!bounce

LOL flag And I hope too, he will not volunteer to build any furniture... his past argues against his carpentry skills ... LOL flag

Maybe the guys could teach him some carpentry !!!

And I hope he could sing a song at the show they usually do !!! Awww Love

this truly shows how selfless and kind david is to be doing this during his break from the tour. just when i think that this man can't get any more amazing Awww Love

North Central Indiana, to be exact Smile

Yeah, like an hour and a half away from me. Awesome Great
And NO I'm not driving down there. Rolling Eyes

I'm thrilled that David is doing this, even though alot of people consider the show "cheesy". I know David's heart is as big as the universe, and that is why I love him so! Awww Love

Just more proof of how awesome he is. Awww Love I can't wait to see the show!

Wow...too bad Dave couldn't have just came out and told us on Sunday seeing it was leaked only 3 days later! LOL! Very cool of him to do this. He has the biggest heart!! Angel Love

I've seen the show before but simply can't watch it because I usually end up sobbing uncontrollably at the end. In fact I'm tearing up just thinking about it! I guess I will have to load up on Kleenex and watch this episode. The man has a heart of gold.

Guest Guest

Didn't David used to paint houses or have I totally lost it??? scratch

This family will be twice blessed - by their house reconstruction and by the David's participation at the program...
And idolized41 I'm sure all of us - David included - will need some Kleenex boxes !!!
David is a very sensitive guy, so I'm sure he will be moved with during his participation...
I foresee tons of WN with teary eyes next january !!!

This is just beautiful, that he would do something like this. While he's on his first full-length vacation time...Wow...Just wow. If his heart got any bigger, I'm thinking it might just plode.

I might even need the Kleenex right now...

Yes he is your typical handyman ... just paints houses for cash and builds tables but we can't have that happen remember those stories! lol

Anyway but I'm still in awe that this is the surprise he was keeping from us. If you are in the area I would encourage you to volunteer for this great cause. Because honestly you should do it because you want to help this family not because he is there. But still VOLUNTEER if you can!

By the way everyone should follow @Hallmarkhomes at twitter during the process

Quote :

ATTN @thedavidcook fans: if interested, the builder: @HallmarkHomes has a site set up for monetary donations: bit.ly 34BIz5 #hmark

here is what they have set up!

Habitat For Humanity is a charity close to my heart, it's similar to Makeover except that people volunteer to build houses from scratch for those that can't afford it and it's not on TV. Not only will David be getting great publicity (which I'm certain is the least of the reasons he's doing this) and doing so much good for this family, he's going to feel a great sense of personal accomplishment if he's involved in the actual building/renovation. He will play a very personal part in this family's future. Ok, pass the Kleenex, I'm starting already Crying non-stop

kcbban wrote:
Didn't David used to paint houses or have I totally lost it???

He used to paint apartments, and I also heard about he fixing some roofs

Guest Guest

It's just awesome that David is participating in this! I'm sure that, even if his appearance is just performing, he'll make the time to meet the family and express his support and solidarity. And if possible he'll want to take part of the construction/rebuilding process and/or donating through HFH Awww Love

They don't perform the celebrity volunteer actually helps out. He'll help out in some capacity. Either help organize the rooms or whatever.

Guest Guest
This gives me the warm fuzzies.

Guest Guest

I have a vague recollection that during a show, one of the family members had a band or something and they built a "studio" or stage for him/her. And as he/she was a huge fan of an artist, so as a final surprise they brought in the artist to perform.

Do I make any sense? That's how great my memory is LOL Face

Though, by what the release says, it seems David will be working in the rebuilding.

Quote :
The family will go on vacation to Disneyland while "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" Pennington, designers Paul DiMeo, Didiayer Snyder, and Xzibit, celebrity volunteer Platinum-selling artist David Cook, local builder Hallmark Homes, and community volunteers rebuild their home.

Do you ever get tired of hearing "Platinum-selling artist" Awww Love

I have been watching this season and apparently this year each show will have a celebrity help build the house. Last week was Trace Adkins and he was there for the whole thing and was there for the family's return. A couple of weeks ago it was Ashley Tisdale and they showed her painting and everything - she stayed for the unveiling and sang a song. She even donated guitars for each member of the family.

I cannot wait for this episode to air. You may be able to get a sneak peek though - I think when they did a house close to where I live, you could watch things happening on the Makeover website. I could be wrong though.

Guest Guest
He's probably helping... but I wouldn't worry too much about the work he's doing. Ninety-nine percent of the work is done by local contractors and local volunteers. The cast and any celebrity guests will do some work, but nothing too difficult, and all overseen by people who do that for a living. Ty himself does almost nothing - they were here building and filming for a week, but Ty was only here for a couple of days - just enough to film his scenes. A huge part of the work is done before the filming ever starts... anything that can be constructed in advance and just moved into place already is done before they ever start work.

It was really cool to see how they actually do this. And amazing to see how quickly they could put it all together... and what a fantastic job the people of our community did in coming together and working their butts off for a good cause.

And like I said, they could have him sing... they did it with a singer (who I didn't even know... some rapper) and had a block party with fireworks and the singer performing the night the house was finished. They did air a bit of that at the end.

http://www.hallmarkextreme.com/

This is a website set up by the company that will be building the house - I think this is what they did for the house they built here - they say they are going to be posting pictures as the project progresses, so hopefully we will get something with David in it!

@Prissy wrote:
kcbban wrote:

Hmmm, Dave with the white painter's pants and white T, baseball cap, maybe a tool belt, working hard and getting sweaty....hmmm, that can spawn a number of new fantasies! Sorry, this is such a nice thread and I'm having these terrible thoughts, I'm a terrible person. Back to the "nice" topic at hand.

Guest Guest

^^^ I think more than one of our minds went to the gutter with yours Twisted Evil

But... yeah... back to good, charitable thoughts.

@Prissy wrote:
kcbban wrote:

Hmmm, Dave with the white painter's pants and white T, baseball cap, maybe a tool belt, working hard and getting sweaty....hmmm, that can spawn a number of new fantasies! Sorry, this is such a nice thread and I'm having these terrible thoughts, I'm a terrible person. Back to the "nice" topic at hand.

Don't we always turn everything into what he will be wearing or not wearing fantasies? Twisted Evil

Should have known he wouldn't just rest on his vacation. Very Happy This is a perfect example of why we love him so much. Can't wait to see the result in January.

fangrrl wrote:
@Prissy wrote:
kcbban wrote:

Don't we always turn everything into what he will be wearing or not wearing fantasies? Twisted Evil

Yes, you're right but I normally don't feel so guilty about it! Ok, back to charitable causes.

Guest dawtreecookie
Oh my god, that's so amazing of that little girl to fundraise that much money for cancer while she has her own health problems.. This show always makes me cry.

I was gonna make a joke about how excited I was to see David all sweaty and doing construction, but now I can't... lol. Some things are just bigger than sweaty David, go figure. It's cool that he's doing this, but I'm sure that anyone would do the same thing given the opportunity.