Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yankeedoodle

what's your job?

been doing my current job as a shop assistant now for nearly 4 years.worked my way up to assistant manager, but now they're making cutbacks and making people redundant.

even if I manage to keep my job, its gonna be much less enjoyable and harder going with less staff. so its time to consider something new I think

what to you guys do for a living? and do you enjoy it? maybe i can find some inspiration from your replies no1

I am a senior carer for the elderly with dementia been there 10 months its ok dont hate it so thats a bonus
Did own my own pub for just under 8 yrs but went bust due to non smoking ?

Self employed-got a small embroidery business with my wife, although we've kinda made her redundant. Sold one of the machines last month. I'm a textile machine service engineer by trade, but of course the arse has gone out of that too. I'm off to an employment agency tomorrow to try & get a crappy labourer/packer job on nights to hopefully pick up a bit more cash. Lean times ahead for all of us yet I fear. Sad

Well im a ceramic tiler/ bathroom fitter, not much workj about for me neither so wouldnt recommend sorry mate looks like you gonna be stuck where you are lol. even the police i believe have slowed down on recruiting for the time being !!!!

Been a motorbike instructor for just over ten yrs...its a lot quieter this yr with the credit crunch...but who cares i get to ride a bike and i lllluuuuuurrrrv my job Very Happy

I am now a vehicle glass technician. Seemes to be a pretty good job. Just finished my last day training today so off on my own tomorrow once I've picked up my kit. You can have a good laugh and you get to meet some nice people too, especially alot of tasty women Very Happy . There is always work to do because of people getting chips and cracks on our crappy british roads.
I did have to do a job in a sewerage works today though. It absolutely stunk and the bloke there decided to start a conversation about shit Shocked .

Guest Guest

My job is to be as fabulous as possible!!

Self employed builder (bricklayer) would give you a link to my website , but can only do it in your profile , so it says in the Admin rules Very Happy

@Flinty wrote:
Well im a ceramic tiler/ bathroom fitter, not much workj about for me neither so wouldnt recommend sorry mate looks like you gonna be stuck where you are lol. even the police i believe have slowed down on recruiting for the time being !!!!

My lad has his own flooring and tiling business. He's flat out doing 12 hour days 6 days a week.

I'm a printer and churn out hundreds of thousands of Fosters and Guinness cartons every week Very Happy

i normally work as a teamleader flt driver on nights but at the moment i'm a full time cripple and day time tv watcher.

Im a FULL time carer for my disabled wife, have been for the last 19 yrs , its hard at times
and i have to plan any trips out on the bike a FEW WEEKS IN ADVANCE but i wouldnt change it for anything,

i have been a bricky for 20+yrs but at the moment iam a roro driver
(roll on roll off ) skips and loving it nice and warm with radio 2 on all day Very Happy

@Froudy wrote:
@Flinty wrote:

My lad has his own flooring and tiling business. He's flat out doing 12 hour days 6 days a week.

I'm a printer and churn out hundreds of thousands of Fosters and Guinness cartons every week Very Happy

Good on him mate, nothing like that here in the midlands though, and its getting up to our supposed busiest time of year ... no1 has he got any jobs lol i will travel down a week at a time for the right money lol!

thanks for all your replies so far guys and gals, keep em comin thumbs

looks like i will be taking big hour cuts at work, and therefore will be forced out. so im looking now for something a bit different

it'll give you time to finally finish ya bike m8 Laughing

you could become a bus driver. good pay, good hours, customers are nice.......oh hang on

I drive for Warburtons its job and knock so faster you get done better your hourly rate is thumbs
bad bits 2am start,weekend work,hard to get holidays when you want them,to many rules ie: breaks and health and safety stuff and more then likely racing around to fast
good bits not heavy work,short hours(if your fast enough),no boss for most of the time and good money for down this way thumbs

been there about 3 to 4 years now but getting pissed off with it but cant match the money

heyup rich wave

thanks for your reply. not sure I could hack HGV work, but I have considered working for a courier. DHL, UPS etc

heyup rich wave

thanks for your reply. not sure I could hack HGV work, but I have considered working for a courier. DHL, UPS etc

You have seen what these lorry drivers are like after a Beer Matt lol

heyup rich wave

the problem with couriers as that most of them want you to have previous multidrop experience. the thing is, how are you meant to get experience if no-one will take you on?

about the only way is to take one of the shit multidrop firms that cant keep any works or i started in a ware house then started covering for drivers when they did not turn up by van as no one wants to go out blind on a run at last min so that the time to step forward

haha funny lads arentcha Very Happy

thanks for the tips jeff and rich, will have a nosey around and see whats going on

@eddie wrote:
Im a FULL time carer for my disabled wife, have been for the last 19 yrs , its hard at times
and i have to plan any trips out on the bike a FEW WEEKS IN ADVANCE but i wouldnt change it for anything,

Full respect to ya thumbs

I work for an import company in the photographic industry, looking after our top dealers; Dixons/PC World, Tesco, Amazon, Jessops etc..
Back in my teens, I had the pleasure of working for such prestigous companies as Panasonic, Dell, Fujitsu, Seiko, and De Beers... and being sacked by half of them Laughing

Also, I sometimes do hand modelling, check out the latest Jessops catalogue, page 118... those are my hands!! lol!

Im a paint sprayer, origanally I trained as a signwriter then went on to paint aircraft for 15yrs.
I'm currently painting bits for trains, yawn! If your around the notts derby area and need any small bits painting look me up, it'll be more for love than vast fianancial gain!
Si.......
thumbs

I'm a security guard on the LONDON EYE, i Bloody hate it Management sucks censoredcensored Looking for new job but nothing out there at the mo

currently seeking work but by trade im a forklift driver would love to become a courier rider

Work for Jaguar cars building engines, not bad for the money but feel I've got alot more to offer.