Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

I have It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was at Streetbike Birmingham waiting for them to open at 8.50 this morning, Embarassed was a bit of a damp ride back with new tyres affraid Once I got home it was dry so took it along to Market Harbrough a twisty road I know, tyres are now scrubbed in , Love the bike and cant wait to run her in thumbs here is a few pics for you Shocked

very nice =D gunna be out riding it tomoz? weathers supposed to be nice Wink

@Davehutch wrote:
@fr499y wrote:
very nice =D gunna be out riding it tomoz? weathers supposed to be nice Wink
Its not for riding affraid ...
.... lol! will see tomorrow thumbs

haha well i hope it is!! wanna dig the zed out of hibernation and try my new skidlid/visor combo lol

Careful those tyres ain't scrubbed in at that mileage. It will not be a B-King it will be a F-King. Looks a nice piece of kit.

@Kenb wrote:
Careful those tyres ain't scrubbed in at that mileage. It will not be a B-King it will be an F-King. Looks a nice piece of kit.
what at 110 miles scratch

looks well nice so glad that , you are plesed with it thumbs

ken some of the modern tyres dont even need scrubbing in!!! the avon's i got on my bike dont need scrubbing in ( words from avon them self and a local tyre fitter ) and ive never had them slip even with 5 miles on them! and them ( dunlop sportmaxx? ) are usually fine after a good 50-100 mile run Smile

Ask the guy 50 yards from my place about new bikes and running in new tyres. He now has a busted wrist and a £1000 bill. Most new tyres are very slippy and if the manufacturer adds release/anti ageing agents then they can be very slippy.

Quote from expert fitters/suppliers.

Yes. When new tyres are fitted they must be run in for approx 700 miles with no excessive accelaration or braking, they should then be checked for correct seating on the rim and the tyre pressures checked. New tyres are slippy. Ignore this at your peril. Unfortunately we have had customers in the past who have ignored this advice and have fallen off their bike within five yards of our workshop entrance. You have been warned!!!

New tyres can be very slippery (especially if ridden in the wet) & need to be 'run in' correctly to help prevent any accidents.
The slippery surface on a new tyre is caused by 2 main reasons.
~When new, a tyre has a very smooth surface & in order to obtain maximum grip, the smooth surface needs to be 'scrubbed in'.
~Some manufacturers use 'releasing agents' when they make the tyres. These 'releasing agents' contain 'anti-ageing preservatives' which help to stop a tyre degrading whilst in storage. Releasing agents need to be scrubbed from a new tyres surface.

A new tyre needs to be seated on the wheel. This is not fully achieved when fitting a tyre & it needs to be ridden on with caution to complete the process.
~In order to achieve optimum performance, the various components of the tyre (belts, tread strip etc) need to be correctly bedded in to one another. If not run in correctly, a tyre may not give the best possible performance.

Quote from Avon.

Running In Tyres
When new motorcycle tyres are fitted for the road, they should not be subjected to maximum power until a reasonable 'running in' distance has been covered. 100 dry miles (160km) is the recommended minimum (discount any wet miles covered).

Tyres should then be visually examined and their inflation pressure re-checked before riding.

Avon motorcycle tyres are only for use on vehicles for which motorcycle tyres were originally specified by the vehicle manufacturer, any other use may be dangerous.

Motorcycle tyres which have been subject to use on rolling roads must no longer be used for subsequent, normal service. Use of Avon motorcycle tyres on a rolling road (Dyno) will invalidate the tyre warranty. All tests on rolling roads must be carried out with test tyres, special tyres reserved for maintenance purposes, or tyres which are worn out or downgraded.

Tyre manufacturers cover their arse by warnings. If only we could get documentation where they state no running in period, would be brilliant in the event of an off.

you will be in heaven Dave all that polishing to be done when you
could be mbike

@Neill wrote:
you will be in heaven Dave all that polishing to be done when you
could be mbike

Well he has 3 to polish now Very Happy

swop ya the wife for it dave LaughingLaughing

That is one hell of a bike dave,its even got a little bling on it to thumbsthumbs

very nice good on ya thumbsthumbsthumbs

Nice bike Dave,Redcar not have one then or Brum do a better deal?
See you down Santa Pod Sunday
"run what brung" that will run the beast in! thumbs

looks nice dave , but it has got an ugly arse lol.
bet she goes like stink! thumbs

@dandan wrote:
Very nice Dave, did you get to choose the plate?

yes i did m8
@lee wrote:
swop ya the wife for it dave LaughingLaughing

That is one hell of a bike dave,its even got a little bling on it to thumbsthumbs

very nice good on ya thumbsthumbsthumbs

send me a pic, and we could do a deal
@XS1100 wrote:
Nice bike Dave,Redcar not have one then or Brum do a better deal?
See you down Santa Pod Sunday
"run what brung" that will run the beast in! thumbs

had to find one Gaz hard to come by
@pugeyed wrote:
looks nice dave , but it has got an ugly arse lol.
bet she goes like stink! thumbs

i love the arse m8 think its cool

i heard theyve got some awsome torque dave and did you pay more for the blue? thumbs

Very nice thumbsthumbs Enjoy the bike mate. But careful with the plish, these things have to be polished in slowly. Nothing too excessive early on, need to give the paint chance to set properly foflfofl

Dave, I love the new machine, you're a very experienced rider of considerable years fofl you'll be fine mate, enjoy. Gaz thumbsthumbs

@Gazman wrote:
Dave, I love the new machine, you're a very experienced rider of considerable years fofl you'll be fine mate, enjoy. Gaz thumbsthumbs
yer but im older hide so i just might have to ride it for him mbikelol!

@madsod wrote:
@Gazman wrote:
yer but im older hide so i just might have to ride it for him mbikelol!
affraid .......... lol!

what lasers? nah there cack!!! you want a 4-1 brock's system! lol

as much as people dont like the back end dave,I wouldnt even mess around with it yet

just enjoy it thumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
as much as people dont like the back end dave,I wouldnt even mess around with it yet

I dont have any money left to do anything to it even if i wanted Sad and would get out there and enjoy it if it would stop rainthumb down

@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:

I dont have any money left to do anything to it even if i wanted Sad and would get out there and enjoy it if it would stop rainthumb down
you could always trade it in for a boat LaughingLaughing

sure you will get some days out before winter really sets in thumbs

@lee wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@lee wrote:

you could always trade it in for a boat LaughingLaughing

sure you will get some days out before winter really sets in thumbs

ooh ooh yes, lets trade it in for a boat thumbsapplauseapplause