Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

Sunday a day from hell

As some will no the wife took the RF 900 to Brighton for the weekend any way got in a very bad rain storm , and the bike went down on a cylinder or 2 , now she was still 130 miles away from home and its was 2 oclock , so i said get the A A , well took 2 hours to get to the bike said i cant do sod all , will get relay to take it home well after taking the bike so far . had to go a new truck . bike will not fit 3 trucks latter all the same bike will not fit . so any way taxi home she get in at 20past 12 , monday now . and the bike got home at 2.30 what a right load of crap ,

@madsod wrote:
As some will no the wife took the RF 900 to Brighton for the weekend any way got in a very bad rain storm , and the bike went down on a cylinder or 2 , now she was still 130 miles away from home and its was 2 oclock , so i said get the A A , well took 2 hours to get to the bike said i cant do sod all , will get relay to take it home well after taking the bike so far . had to go a new truck . bike will not fit 3 trucks latter all the same bike will not fit . so any way taxi home she get in at 20past 12 , monday now . and the bike got home at 2.30 what a right load of crap ,

HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE 'BOUT FOUR YEARS AGO-- BROKE DOWN ON THE M5.-- OVER-ALL IT TOOK 5 HRS TO BE RESCUED,AND I DIDN'T HAVE A DRINK OR FOOD WITH ME...
NEVER GO ANYWHERE NOW , WITHOUT HAVING A DRINK WITH ME...
ABSOLUTE '''KIN NIGHTMARE.....

THINKIN' ON--- THAT WAS A SUNDAY AN' ALL

thats crap service . complain to the AA i got left on the side of m62 about 10 years ago by AA because they missed me from the system some how and i had to get recovered by police instructed recovery to a near by yard. the AA paid for my van to be removed from their yard and then took got home (took about 10 hours in total) When i complained i got 6 months free membership for me and wife.

censored in poor mate. What's all the "to a lady driver wihin 30 mins" censored t? Definitely do a letter mate. Especially with the bike not fitting the van. They knew what they were coming out to twistslapheadtwistslaphead

censored Poor Service.

However you got her home safe in the end.

Beter late than never thumbs

censored in poor mate. What's all the "to a lady driver wihin 30 mins" censored t? Definitely do a letter mate. Especially with the bike not fitting the van. They knew what they were coming out to twistslapheadtwistslaphead
agree thats bad mate Sad atleast wifey got home eventually thumbs

sounds bad that! ther getting worse and worse.

in wales we was stuck 3 hours. and then they charged £97 for a battery Shocked

Bike all done , the leads out the coil's did not look very good , and some one had put ngk plug caps on not the best of fits , so bad that the cylinder head was full of water down whey the plugs go . i had a spares set of coils at work so put them on and all looks good now , lots of ACF 50 on the lot now thumbs this was on the wifes RF 900 , but in over 30 years of me working on bike's its the first time one has never come home , SadSad mind all her bike gear is still wet so it must have been some very bad rain affraidaffraid .

@madsod wrote:
Bike all done , the leads out the coil's did not look very good , and some one had put ngk plug caps on not the best of fits , so bad that the cylinder head was full of water down whey the plugs go . i had a spares set of coils at work so put them on and all looks good now , lots of ACF 50 on the lot now thumbs this was on the wifes RF 900 , but in over 30 years of me working on bike's its the first time one has never come home , SadSad mind all her bike gear is still wet so it must have been some very bad rain affraidaffraid .
Poor wifey she must have been soaked Sad

I had a fan belt go in central London a few years back and called the AA, they told me there was 6 hours waiting, but as I was on double yellow the Police got there first, I told them it had boiled and the fan belt was gone and I had filled the rad up with pints of water from a hotel a few doors down, they said I could not stay there and they would tow me to the garage the AA would take me too, when we got there it was closed until the morning ! so they towed me to another garage and I got a fan belt, I tore up my AA membership card and joined the RAC who have been very good,
I do not normally praise the Police but I take my hat off to these two guys and was very thankfull for there help, there not all bad after all :-)
Keith

Don't get me started with the bloody RAC, I got my daughter covered as she lives away, she had a accident and rang me, I told her to ring the RAC as they should give her advice on what she needs to do, they just said "nowt to do with us" and left her there. I got in the car and drove the 100 miles and sorted it out. Luckily I still had 5 days left to cancel so rang them up and told them to shove it!