Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chadatious

how long you been riding

just a bit of general convo, but how long have you guys been riding

3 years for me on the road, 1.5 years on full licence, or if you count motocross from a kiddo its 7 years thumbs

how bout you guys?

37 years.... bu~**r makes me sound a right old git....oh well guess I am then Cool

@Neill wrote:
37 years.... bu~**r makes me sound a right old git....oh well guess I am then Cool

i could make you feel better but nah, you are old thumbsLaughing

32 years on the road, had dirt bikes on the farm before that.
Havent been without a bike for more than a week or two since I was 16.

Stopped counting after the first 40+ bikes.

Arrived in Australia in 2004, no job, no car, no house or home, no possesions,
no Australian licence, no medi-care, didnt know a soul here, my life in a suitcase...
...so I bought a brand new Hayabusa with Yoshi pipes,
polished wheels, black screen, etc etc... Laughing

Got to have a bike... thumbs

Oh why do I think I am going to be the oldest, 59 years I have been riding and still love it, yes I will say it for you an old Rocker and proud of it :-)
Keith

@oslin06 wrote:
Oh why do I think I am going to be the oldest, 59 years I have been riding and still love it, yes I will say it for you an old Rocker and proud of it :-)
Keith
salutesalute

Since 1977....sounds like a bike cv thread to me! the year next to the bike is the year I had it not the age of the bike

1977 Honda CB250 G5 (Total s!$%E!)
1978 Triumph Tiger 750
1979 Suzuki GS 750
1980 Triumph T160 Trident 750
1981 Yamaha XT 250 as well as Trident
1982 Sept Honda CB900 as well as Trident
1985 BMW K100 RS
1988 Yamaha SR 500
1990 Triumph Trophy 650 (Meriden)
1998 Triumph Trident (Hinckley)
1999 Triumph Speed triple T509
2000 Triumph Speedtriple 955
2005 Daytona 955 (hillclimb racer)
2006 KTMsm 625 (hillclimb racer)
2009 Kawasaki 450KXFSM (hillclimb racer)
2011 Triumph Speedtriple 1050, still have
2011 TSS Bonneville, still have a half share

passed my test, and riding --(road legal )since 1965, but as youngsters we all rode dirt bikes, made up from all,spare,parts--(A.S.P.s), so was able to ride from about 13 yrs old...
So on the road (legally Shocked ) 47yrs.--and still goin' strong... best speed last year--147..mph.(track)( legally of course.thumbs ..
Truely an ol' git..

ps--just found my bike list---(i've had 26 bikes). Shocked

on the road since I was 16 on and off

full bike licence for the last 10 year

And of course all the off road stuff when I was younger mx,trials

Ah well I did included the field biking, my Dad made up a small bike for me when I was 6 years old, he welded up the frame and fitted a lawn mower engine in, it had a clutch but no gears, I do not remember where the wheels came from but they were both braked, he was in to trials big time, but I have been biking on the road for 49 years and like someone else said my current bike is no 26 as well, here is the list as owned in this odd order,

Honda 50 sport (first bike on L plates)
Triumph twenty one
Triumph speed twin
AJS 650 CSR
Vincent Black shadow (wish I had it now )
Honda 305
Yamaha YDS3
MZ 250
Royal enfield bullet
Royal enfield crusader sports
Dot trials bike
BSA A10
BSA super road rocket
Honda XBR
Honda 400A
Triumph Trident 900
Triumph Trophy 900
Triumph Trophy 1200
Triumph Trophy 900
BMW R80
BMW K1200RS
BMW K75
BMW K75
Honda Blackbird
Yamaha Thundercat
Suzuki Bandit 1200s (current)

sorry if that is boring but some might be interested.
keith

@oslin06 wrote:
Ah well I did included the field biking, my Dad made up a small bike for me when I was 6 years old, he welded up the frame and fitted a lawn mower engine in, it had a clutch but no gears, I do not remember where the wheels came from but they were both braked, he was in to trials big time, but I have been biking on the road for 49 years and like someone else said my current bike is no 26 as well, here is the list as owned in this odd order,

Honda 50 sport (first bike on L plates)
Triumph twenty one
Triumph speed twin
AJS 650 CSR
Vincent Black shadow (wish I had it now )
Honda 305
Yamaha YDS3
MZ 250
Royal enfield bullet
Royal enfield crusader sports
Dot trials bike
BSA A10
BSA super road rocket
Honda XBR
Honda 400A
Triumph Trident 900
Triumph Trophy 900
Triumph Trophy 1200
Triumph Trophy 900
BMW R80
BMW K1200RS
BMW K75
BMW K75
Honda Blackbird
Yamaha Thundercat
Suzuki Bandit 1200s (current)

sorry if that is boring but some might be interested.
keith

No its always interesting to see fellow bikers riding history imo, thanks for posting thumbs

@oslin06 wrote:
Keith

Same as me Keith and still love it
Den

tested on a BSA Bantam, comical performance with the tester cutting through a link road to pop up suddenly with a newspaper in his hand for an emergency stop.

Back to biking 4/5 yrs ago as needed to cheer myself up a bit with one thing and another, some people relax sitting out in all weathers fishing, with me it's a nice bike ride.

on and off for me,used to runaround on my brothers fizzy in the late 70's early 80's great fun,then a break till about the early 90's when i rode around on a honda cub 70 for a good few years then life got in the way family kids the usual stuff,then got a scooter around 2000 that was bloody useless then a yamaha ybr 125 about 2005 which i took my test on,then moved onto a bandit 6 and now got the thunderace which is a keeper Very Happy and im still looking for a second(or third)bike to go with the Ace Laughingthumbsthumbs

i had a honda mtx80 when i was 16 till 21, then no bike untill 3yrs ago now ive got a yamaha virago 535 hope to up grade her maybe next year and i hope i ride untill im old and gray

Lads I don't think it matters how old we are, when it comes to biking the years roll back and we enjoy it now as much as when we took our first ride.
I personally will be riding, no matter how old I get till I can't physically ride anymore, it's in my blood thumbs

Lads I don't think it matters how old we are, when it comes to biking the years roll back and we enjoy it now as much as when we took our first ride.
I personally will be riding, no matter how old I get till I can't physically ride anymore, it's in my blood thumbs

couldnt put it better Rob thumbs

@Neill wrote:

couldnt put it better Rob thumbs

Totally agree Rob thumbs