Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BanditMike

2013 Xmas Get-together/ Party

Bit early with this as we usually wait until after the July ride out. However, in the interests of getting the ball rolling, I'll start this now.

First order of business is location, the second is the date. We had last years in Leominster, which was a thoroughly good evening, the year before was in Stratford, also a thoroughly good evening.

Date wise is usually end November or early December, so again, any suggestions?

I'm aware we can't please everyone with this so reasonable suggestions are welcome.

Let the debate commence .....

Anywhere near me sounds good Laughing seriously though as the last 2 have been in the middle and south west (of me anyway Smile ) of the country then maybe its only fair that the next one should be a little further "up norf"

Leominster and Stratford are way north and east so how about SouthWest here in Devon fighting

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

Will this be a weekend,will do me best to try and make it thumbs

@lee wrote:
Will this be a weekend,will do me best to try and make it thumbs

Usually meet on a Saturday, out for drink etc then head back on the Sunday thumbs

Why not somewhere central, so those down souf can make it easier?.
Maybe Lincolnshire even skegness? Plenty of guest houses there

Lincolnshire is well to the east. Northants is central.

@Jontiger wrote:
Why not somewhere central, so those down souf can make it easier?.
Maybe Lincolnshire even skegness? Plenty of guest houses there

It's trying to find somewhere "reasonable". Last year we were in Leominster and the year before in Stratford, both well south of me (around a 4 hour drive). It has been suggested that we use York this year, maybe give some of us from the North a chance to make it.

Given how spread out around the UK we are, we can't find somewhere that suits everyone thumbs

Notts ,Derby, Leicestershire? All pretty central and well served by motorways?

@ptolemyx wrote:
Lincolnshire is well to the east. Northants is central.

Saracens head in Towcester ( lovely pub ), just off the A43/M1/A5 and a few miles from ( i think ) M40?

Looks like the Christmas get together is heading for York this year, unless there are any other suggestions? confused

Right guys and gals. Time to re-awaken the annual forum get-together.

Looks like we've settled on York as a location. The next one is timing. We usually go for end of November/early December. My favoured dates would be either:

Saturday 23rd November
OR
Saturday 7th December.

There are 2 Travelodges in York

York Central Micklegate
And
York Central

I would suggest we aim for one of them and all book in there. They look to be fairly close so I don't think it would be too much trouble if we ended up split between the two of them.

Any preferred dates? We'll do as we usually do and go with the most popular date  thumbs

cant we do a more central one? maybe another meet? id drive the car but sod going all the way up north this side of xmas

cant we do a more central one? maybe another meet? id drive the car but sod going all the way up north this side of xmas

Last year was Leominster and the previous one was in Stratford. This year it was time for one a little further north. Looking to next year, where were you thinking? scratch 

For this year, I'll call Saturday 23rd November as the date, the venue is York.
(For those who saw this earlier, yes the date has changed. I'm organising this and had double booked myself Shocked   Shocked  twist )

The York Central Travelodge looks to be about £113 for the night. Sounds a lot, but it looks to be the most central place for us to stay. Given my lack of knowledge of the area, I'll accept any other thoughts?

Travelodge Tadcaster is only £54, but is 6m away. Taxi?

It's only about 8 weeks away, so I think it's time to start booking!!

Peoples thoughts?

sorry cant make it , already booked that weekend , plus I have just had a big job come in and got to get it done for xmas , so can't commit to anything this side of xmas

Last year was Leominster and the previous one was in Stratford. This year it was time for one a little further north. Looking to next year, where were you thinking? scratch 

I thought midlands as it was central, you say its not north lots of bits are bugger all comes south :P

but do whatever I cant commit anyway with my health at the min, and xmas is a money pit :P

I thought midlands as it was central, you say its not north lots of bits are bugger all comes south :P

but do whatever I cant commit anyway with my health at the min, and xmas is a money pit :P
keep me up to date with how you get on m8

@Davehutch wrote:

keep me up to date with how you get on m8

mri is two weeks Monday, got a letter today and need another blood test. all fun! 20-40 mins in a noisey tunnl, tunnels are only fun on a bike with a loud can haha

i went for a mri scan three weeks ago and im ashamed to say i couldnt hack it ;it was really claustrophobic and after a couple of minutes i had to come out No 

i went for a mri scan three weeks ago and im ashamed to say i couldnt hack it ;it was really claustrophobic and after a couple of minutes i had to come out No 

im dreading it but it needs doing :/

im dreading it but it needs doing :/

ask if they can put a mirror at the top - that way you may be able to see more - may help

Iv e had one Chad, not too bad, don't move or they have to start again. you'll be ok

Right boys and girls. This is just under 7 weeks away, so who do we have?

It is in York, Saturday 23rd November 2013. Accomodation is still uncertain. Given the price difference I would go for Tadcaster and taxi into York (about 6m), but am prepared to be guided by what people want to do.

Please add your name if you're coming through for this.

Mike & Anglea

@Neill wrote:
Iv e had one Chad, not too bad, don't move or they have to start again. you'll be ok
ill try and have a sleep Wink
I had one a couple of years ago and ended up nodding off Sleep

As for the get together. Will be working, unless we get loads of snow and the trains are cancelled party

@Skelly wrote:
As for the get together. Will be working, unless we get loads of snow and the trains are cancelled party

Always possible mate, but I think unlikely this year  Wink   Wink

@Skelly wrote:
@Neill wrote:

Same as Skelly, gonna be hard to get the time off work Mike Sad  but hope you have a great time thumbs  thumbs 

@Skelly wrote:
@Neill wrote:

Same as Skelly, gonna be hard to get the time off work Mike Sad  but hope you have a great time thumbs  thumbs 

Cheers Mike. Shame you both are working, but I suppose someone has to  thumbs   Shocked   Shocked   thumbs

@Skelly wrote:

Cheers Mike. Shame you both are working, but I suppose someone has to  thumbs   Shocked   Shocked   thumbs

Have committed to the next 3 months, including all rest days! head bang  digging 

@Skelly wrote:

Have committed to the next 3 months, including all rest days!  head bang  digging 

affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid  affraid 

Right boys and girls. 3 weeks on Saturday for this and there doesn't seem to be much interest this year? Looking at the rooms now they are getting thin on the ground for a reasonable price. I'll probably book a room "close" to York and drive in from there, or get a taxi in.

Booked a room for me and Angela at South Newlands Farm, Escrick. Given the distance I'll drive and park, then drive back.

Waiting for a few venue ideas, will let people know when I've got a few, unless people have any ideas?