• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

Bugger (speeding)

Just had a notice through post been caught speeding head bang

40 in a 30 Embarassed

only got meself to blame Sad

Can u do the day course so u only get the fine and not points lee.

What's that Lee £60 and 3 points? if they are your only points I don't think it matters to much insurance wise, but like Mark posted hopefully there will be an option to do the improvement course and not get the points, think most of us have been there Lee Sadangry

Sad my mrs did the course in place of getting points ,cant remember how much the course was now

the insewerance companies ask you if youve been on a speed awareness course now and load your policy the same as if youde had points so you might as well take the points

What a shit , they should find better ways to make money then pick on us poor bikers bullshitbullshit

These will be my only points in almost 22 years,if they dont offer the course which then its just £85.00

if not 3 points and £60.00 to what ive read they only offer the course to the lower end of the scale

so dont know if 40 in a 30 counts

bloody first ride out to,I remember seeing the van Id just left a 40 limit the van was parked between some trees not that Im makeing exscuses

will take it on the chin

unlucky m8 i never even saw the one that got me,a friend reckoned they were hiding the van behind a hedge so you could barely see it.fecking barstewards. northumbria force is getting three more vans this year. Sad

Lee I was done last year in Bedford like you coming out of a 40 got done 100 yards inside at 39/30

Was told 39 is maximum to be offered the course.

Instructors at Rotherham ok guys.

Told us Insurance companies no right to ask if been on course.
Told us if they ask don't tell them and go for another company.

unlucky mate i got caught 52 in a 40 zone and did the course its the worst 4 hours of my life still better than points at least

you was on bike did thry get you from front then?

and thats bad luck mate!

and points does make a difference to insurance, when i thought id been caught 80 in a 70 but never got anything, my quotes went from 1100 renual last august to 1800 so ive got to be careful!

you was on bike did thry get you from front then?

and thats bad luck mate!

and points does make a difference to insurance, when i thought id been caught 80 in a 70 but never got anything, my quotes went from 1100 renual last august to 1800 so ive got to be careful!

From the front,side and rear chad

The new vans can capture you 360 degree

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1280183/The-police-van-traps-motorists-speed-cameras-AND-sides.html

@dick65 wrote:
Sad my mrs did the course in place of getting points ,cant remember how much the course was now

I did mine a couple of years ago and it's about £75. More expensive than the actual ticket itself.

unlucky lee

I got caught doing 40 on a 30 and got offered the course so fingers crossed for you.think it cost me £90 Sad

and 4 hours of boredom lol

Had my letter back today been offerd the course,so ive just booked it for next month £85.00 got to beat 3 points thumbs

@lee wrote:
Had my letter back today been offerd the course,so ive just booked it for next month £85.00 got to beat 3 points thumbs

thats better then!

saves your insurance etc going up thumbs

Well what do I know?

I was told that 39 was the limit in a 30 to get offered the course
Are you going to Rotherham on a Sunday morning ?
To be fair the 2 guys that run that one are ok
And remember its 3rd in a 30 Laughing

Like you said Lee, you have to take it on the chin. Nobody is out to get bikers per se, we all know the law and if you're caught it's your fault. Saying that a lot of traffic officers I've talked to broadly agree that 30 is 30, 40 is 40 and you must obey those speed limits; outside of that they use their judgement and look more at due care and attention/ dangerous riding and will pull you for speed as it's easier to prove. They also take a very dim view on anyone, drivers and bikers, crossing solid white lines and you will get done heavily if they see this.

Unfortunately there are less and less experienced officers out there and a lot of reliance is placed on cameras, but to be fair they are NORMALLY placed where excessive speed has contributed to casualties.

P.S. This mumpty currently has 9 points, pays the extra insurance and the wife nags me wicked about it EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed Not throwing stones when I live in a glass house, just rational observation of my own and others misbehaviour bigeyes

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2

@ptolemyx wrote:
Like you said Lee, you have to take it on the chin. Nobody is out to get bikers per se, we all know the law and if you're caught it's your fault. Saying that a lot of traffic officers I've talked to broadly agree that 30 is 30, 40 is 40 and you must obey those speed limits; outside of that they use their judgement and look more at due care and attention/ dangerous riding and will pull you for speed as it's easier to prove. They also take a very dim view on anyone, drivers and bikers, crossing solid white lines and you will get done heavily if they see this.

Unfortunately there are less and less experienced officers out there and a lot of reliance is placed on cameras, but to be fair they are NORMALLY placed where excessive speed has contributed to casualties.

P.S. This mumpty currently has 9 points, pays the extra insurance and the wife nags me wicked about it EmbarassedEmbarassedEmbarassed Not throwing stones when I live in a glass house, just rational observation of my own and others misbehaviour bigeyes

Old and Disgraceful racer2racer2racer2
9 points Shocked

like ya say I aint ranting about it was my own fault so take it on the chin pay my dues

Grumpyowl yes going to rotherham