Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrostedName

The biker nod?

Whilst out on my travels I always give the 'nod' to fellow bikers, however I seem to be getting more thumbs up and waves now, are we not nodding anymore , have I not got that memo?

In the old days we always waved, it's just that nowadays we're going so fast the wind blast spazzes your arm Laughing  so we nod-to the point where in the Peak District of a weekend you need a chiropractor when you get home. Smile 

In the old days we always waved, it's just that nowadays we're going so fast the wind blast spazzes your arm Laughing  so we nod-to the point where in the Peak District of a weekend you need a chiropractor when you get home. Smile 
I gave in when over at the "TT" got fed up with nodding ,Twisted Evil 

ive noticed people waving, or not bothering to nod back, then they get a hand gesture in return!

I only nod. If I ry and wave whilst cornering I might end up in a ditch fofl 

I always nod,but today had to use the high beam flash to worn some of the speed trap I had passed Wink 

Does depend where I'm at. Generally it's the nod. If I'm resting from a quick blast, then I wave.

Noticed today a lack of response from some of the "power rangers". Maybe they were going too fast  Wink Rolling Eyes   Wink

Does depend where I'm at. Generally it's the nod. If I'm resting from a quick blast, then I wave.

Noticed today a lack of response from some of the "power rangers". Maybe they were going too fast  Wink Rolling Eyes   Wink

Yes I notice that the power rangers do not really respond. Whenever I stop off somewhere I like to chat to other bikers there. Every power ranger I've met has always been a bit of a censored obviously this does not apply to all of them but just my own experiences.

Yammy wrote:

Yes I notice that the power rangers do not really respond. Whenever I stop off somewhere I like to chat to other bikers there. Every power ranger I've met has always been a bit of a censored obviously this does not apply to all of them but just my own experiences.

I do agree. Most of the lads are fine, but some just seem to keep themselves to themselves. Each to their own I suppose. If they don't want to speak to us, their loss

tonight at wetlands a power ranger was bouncing his r1 off the rev limiter on the way out he nearly sh;t himself when he let the clutch out and the bike skipped sideways he must of felt a right w;;ker some older guys next to us just laughed and said they wished he had come off ;i wonder if he thought he had impressed anyone Laughing

tonight at wetlands a power ranger was bouncing his r1 off the rev limiter on the way out he nearly sh;t himself when he let the clutch out and the bike skipped sideways he must of felt a right w;;ker some older guys next to us just laughed and said they wished he had come off ;i wonder if he thought he had impressed anyone Laughing

I think I'd have been impressed he stayed upright  Shocked   Laughing   Shocked   Laughing

Rolling Eyes What a loser. I must say Im not impressed by people who try to show off, one of the things I hate is when they insist on revving the bike continuously  thumb down Rolling Eyes

I was waiting at some traffic lights the other day and some twit on the other side was rev rev rev and when the lights changed he gave it even more revs and it stopped, when I passed he was looking down at the con rod which had come through the side of the block, Ha Ha
Keith

Always give a nod (if safe to) or give the "right-boot" wave, if being passed, I'm from the time when we rode because we had no other option, and we truly looked out for other bikers ; It would have been seen as 'rude' if we didn't acknowledge our kindred spirits.
I think it's sad these days when a lot of riders are only out to impress others,and use bikes as status symbols, it wouldn't occur to these types to acknowledge the lesser mortals amongst them.
Some power-ranger types.and particularly older,wealthier H.D.owners thinking they are a cut above the rest & can live the American dream,here in soggy Britain with their brand new boots, bandanas, and  long key chains, piss-pot lids,and sunglasses, and only ride if the sun's out.--Prats... Rolling Eyes 
Ahemmmmm!!
Old bikers tend to rant a bit..thumbs 

Keep the nod going brothers and sisters. We are a Family..& unique .  Cool thumbs

yep agreed m8, bikes are my only means of transport and not status symbols, most folks nod or wave germans etc seem to put a foot out Laughing  power rangers and Harley riders tend to be acting too cool to nod ,I even nod to scooterists Laughing well we all gotta start somewhere thumbs 

I nod everyone, and if I'm going past a group of bikes I will wavetill the last one has passed! As for the tossers round here who try to do 100mph in a 30 on there sports bikes wearing shorts and t-shirts, well they just get a middle finger from me... Giving bikers a bad name.

@fr499y wrote:
I not everyone, and if I'm going past a group of bikes I will wavetill the last one has passed! As for the tossers round here who try to do 100mph in a 30 on there sports bikes wearing shorts and t-shirts, well they just get a middle finger from me... Giving bikers a bad name.

Yepp !!! well said fr499y--- Them's the ones that deserve the  finger salute

@dick65 wrote:
yep agreed m8, bikes are my only means of transport and not status symbols, most folks nod or wavegermans etc seem to put a foot out Laughing  power rangers and Harley riders tend to be acting too cool to nod ,I even nod to scooterists Laughing well we all gotta start somewhere thumbs 

I nod to anyone on a 2 wheeled motorised vehicle. Cool