Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Davehutch-hutchs

forum weekend rideout/ stop over 2014

I know we haven't  done this years yet Rolling Eyes    But who is going to sort next years and where we going ??  tumble weed

this is the info you will need for this years 2014 rideout added by "haveugot1"

http://newsdale.org/bunkbarn/

Dates 25th of July to 27th of july. Ride out will on the 26th. I will be leaving the bunk house at 10am sharp.

you will all be given a copy of the route when you get there, its approx 140 miles.

Bring sleeping bag.

I will be using the drop off system.

look forward to seeing you all from myself and all the mods.

Could do the hotel/rideout I organised for the B-Kings in April - now that would be a new part of the country to ride for most of the forum members.......

Old and Disgraceful racer2 racer2 racer2 

thumbs [i]Or come on down South to the New Forest and try the one we did based in Bournemouth. Or if you want to camp (No not you Dave "camping it up!") there are some sites in the New Forest that welcome bikers. Dave could even bring his caravan to feel right at home!![/i]thumbs 

new forest would be ace. Some lovely twisty roads, even taking the direct routes through the new forest is a nice change, albeit 30 odd mph Smile

Well I have no problem helping to organise a run in the New Forest - since I live here! We have lots of lovely roads - and I thought speed limits were only advisory for bikers??? Generally 40 on side roads.
Campsites a plenty. For those interested in camping visit http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/england/new-forest
I have checked and they don't mind campers with bikes (some places have been fussy in the past!)
Brockenhurst is the centre of the forest with best selection of pubs and eateries. Sites nearest are Hollands Wood (walking distance from pubs) Roundhill (Out of village by 2 miles)
Nearby are Lyndhurst, Beaulieu (Home of National Motor Museum), Lymington (coastal town very popular with yachties. Ferries to IOW from here) Lots of private sites too.
Up to you guys. Personally I won't camp - but happy to join the run out if timing is good.
Let me know!

thumbs

Got to agree, some cracking pubs around brockenhurst and lyndhurst. Cheap and very good quality food! Its a good 120-140 miles from me so a little further for Dave and others but a good ride down.

I'm sure the speed limit is for everyone for the sake of the animals ( i wouldn't want to hit a horse that's crossing the road in a 20/30!! )

*On Open Forest roads it’s also worth remembering that 40mph is often appropriate provided you slow down and give a wide berth to ponies grazing beside the road.*

Well I have no problem helping to organise a run in the New Forest - since I live here! We have lots of lovely roads - and I thought speed limits were only advisory for bikers??? Generally 40 on side roads.
Campsites a plenty. For those interested in camping visit http://www.campingintheforest.co.uk/england/new-forest
I have checked and they don't mind campers with bikes (some places have been fussy in the past!)
Brockenhurst is the centre of the forest with best selection of pubs and eateries. Sites nearest are Hollands Wood (walking distance from pubs) Roundhill (Out of village by 2 miles)
Nearby are Lyndhurst, Beaulieu (Home of National Motor Museum), Lymington (coastal town very popular with yachties. Ferries to IOW from here) Lots of private sites too.
Up to you guys. Personally I won't camp - but happy to join the run out if timing is good.
Let me know!

thumbs
thats nice of you to offer Mark , i am happy to go where ever ,but its up to the other members no use me going on my own , so come on you lot where we going and whos sorting it ? are we going down to the new forest ??

Anyone fancy a long weekend on the Continent? Trip to the Ardennes, see the war sites from the Battle of the Bulge, some nice forest roads, you can do four countries in an hour if you want to. Smile 

Anyone fancy a long weekend on the Continent? Trip to the Ardennes, see the war sites from the Battle of the Bulge, some nice forest roads, you can do four countries in an hour if you want to. Smile 

As I said in a previous post I would like to try a run into Europe on the bike next year, so I suppose it depends on whether we want to stay in the UK, or take the Forum Rideout into Europe for one year? For me, I think I would like to try a run into Europe.

Screams for a vote, but not sure how to insert one?

I've already voted for the Ardennes for next year, before the info on the France rules and regs  Shocked   Shocked   Shocked 

New forest is a good run down for me, but do'able for a weekend etc. I know a few lads in Scotland, around Edinburgh, so that's always an option. We did the lakes last year (well I arrived and left on my bike Shocked ).

There's the Peak District, North/ South Wales (if we have to Laughing ), Devon/ Cornwall (though it's a hell of a run) or Eastern Scotland. I have no idea what most of these areas are like as I've never ridden them, but someone must have.

If we can look at this and settle now, no-one can say "well thought we might have done ..... ".

Any thoughts boys and girls ?

I've already voted for the Ardennes for next year, before the info on the France rules and regs  Shocked   Shocked   Shocked 

New forest is a good run down for me, but do'able for a weekend etc. I know a few lads in Scotland, around Edinburgh, so that's always an option. We did the lakes last year (well I arrived and left on my bike Shocked ).

There's the Peak District, North/ South Wales (if we have to Laughing ), Devon/ Cornwall (though it's a hell of a run) or Eastern Scotland. I have no idea what most of these areas are like as I've never ridden them, but someone must have.

If we can look at this and settle now, no-one can say "well thought we might have done ..... ".

trouble is Mike its no use picking a area with out a member in that area being prepared to organise it , and yes my thoughts too on sorting it soon thumbs 

I would like to leave it to you members to sort for next year and I will just turn up

@Davehutch wrote:

trouble is Mike its no use picking a area with out a member in that area being prepared to organise it ,  and yes my thoughts too on sorting it soon thumbs 

I would like to leave it to you members to sort for next year and I will just turn up

Agree mate, it's the usual of trying to stimulate a bit of discussion and interest. Agree with someone else's turn mate, you've organised the two in Nottingham  thumbs  thumbs

If nothing else, I'll see what I can sort out round here thumbs  thumbs 

Daves done two ive done one (albeit with very short notice) so someone else can have a punt for next year thumbs 

Again, I'm offering to do one in North Devon/ West Somerset - might be a haul for you hardy northerners but this southern softie has happily ridden to weekend meets in the lake district and Yorkshire. We have some stunning scenery and brilliant roads here on Exmoor. The hotel we stayed at in April with the B-King mob was a nice little number and cheap. I can easily find camp sites in my patch of England if that's what people want.

@ptolemyx wrote:
Again, I'm offering to do one in North Devon/ West Somerset - might be a haul for you hardy northerners but this southern softie has happily ridden to weekend meets in the lake district and Yorkshire. We have some stunning scenery and brilliant roads here on Exmoor. The hotel we stayed at in April with the B-King mob was a nice little number and cheap. I can easily find camp sites in my patch of England if that's what people want.

nice 1 brian , so its up you lot then , like i say i will go anywhere in Britain

@ptolemyx wrote:

Enthusiastic bunch of buggers aren't they!

How many do you normally get along on these do's then Dave?

Is it always the same ones?

Bit like the B King do's?

Brian has organised a cracking do for the B Kings in Devon and as he says there are some lovely roads there, albeit a long way to go to get there for some. Last do we had some from Scotland who took 2 days to get there and back - and still had a great time.

Lets hope some of the forum get off their butts and get involved!

tumble weed

Why does the ride out have to be in the organisers area ? I can understand that they will obviously know the roads and can easily do a trial run to fine tune things but if someone is keen enough to do the donkey work on routes and organising accommodation and the likes there's no reason why it can't be anywhere including abroad.
If no one actually wants to plan the route and there's enough interest you can even look up already planned routes or use places like this for e.g.

http://www.bikenormandy.com/

I do a nice ride every couple of weeks, its only about 60 miles but it's all back roads with only 1 ( broken ) speed camera. Actually come to think of it, by the time you come back it would be around the 100 mile mark!

Well Dave it looks as thought you are going to have to set up a voting system somehow, bit like on the B King Forum, to determine how many favour going where, and at the same time will it be camping or B&B or pub/hotel

Haven't got a clue how to do that so back to you mate - sorry!!

Easy to do a vote when you post anew thread , scroll down and the option is there , it's great that someone else is going to sort the meet/ride for next year , look forward to just turning up

@Davehutch wrote:
Easy to do a vote when you post anew thread , scroll down and the option is there , it's great that someone else is going to sort the meet/ride for next year , look forward to just turning up

I really hope someone takes you up on that then!!

Good Luck!!

@Davehutch wrote:

Good Luck!!
dont really understand you reply to this after your last post confused 

[quote="Davehutch"]

@Davehutch wrote:

Good Luck!!

dont really understand you reply to this after your last post :c

Think he missed what I said dave.Shocked 

okay last year i didnt go as i couldnt afford to 300 odd mile trip to the rideout, this year i dropped my bike so all my pennies went on repairing it.

but new forrest is 130 miles for me, that is deffinatly doable!!

not sure on how it would be for the very nothern members, but it is somewhere that a ride hasnt been. and they did get a nothern ride last year bume 

The B King Forum are running a Southern Softies runout at the end of August. You would need to go to http://www.suzukib-king.org/forum to see the details, but it could help to give you an idea of the sort of runs we do down here.
thumbs 

We had a b king rider on our last ride out. We take things slow to see where we have been and enjoy it. Not to blast round.

theres some great quiet roads and places in Scotland and theres also wales as has been mentioned confused 

Wales would tempt me. I was thinking of trying to get in an overnight run to the Brecons or Snowdonia before the end of summer so could poss do a bit of a reccy Smile 

Wales would tempt me. I was thinking of trying to get in an overnight run to the Brecons or Snowdonia before the end of summer so could poss do a bit of a reccy Smile 
if you want some company just ask

@Davehutch wrote:

Bloody hell what took so long Laughing  yeah would like to bat off some serious miles prob around Brecons but will have to be late summer/early autumn so was thinking b&b tbh. Don't fret mate would keep you in the loop thumbs 

@Davehutch wrote:

Bloody hell what took so long Laughing  yeah would like to bat off some serious miles prob around Brecons but will have to be late summer/early autumn so was thinking b&b tbh. Don't fret mate would keep you in the loop thumbs 
haha , ok m8

@haveugot1 wrote:
The B King Forum are running a Southern Softies runout at the end of August. You would need to go to http://www.suzukib-king.org/forum to see the details, but it could help to give you an idea of the sort of runs we do down here.
thumbs 

We had a b king rider on our last ride out. We take things slow to see where we have been and enjoy it. Not to blast round.

With respect you have a B King rider running this forum.

Careful who you tar with the same brush.

Most of the B King Forum enjoy the scenery as much as the next man.

Whatever the bike there will always be some who want to race and some who want to trundle. Its very difficult to please all the people all the time.

I suggested you look at the route we are proposing, not set a lap time for it. If you really don't want my input on this forum then by all means be up front and say so.

I have organised and run a number of runouts for bikers, and I am sure that if you ask Dave Hutch or any others who have been along with me, they will say that the pace has been enjoyable not excessive.

@haveugot1 wrote:
thumbs 

With respect you have a B King rider running this forum.

Careful who you tar with the same brush.

Most of the B King Forum enjoy the scenery as much as the next man.

Whatever the bike there will always be some who want to race and some who want to trundle. Its very difficult to please all the people all the time.

I suggested you look at the route we are proposing, not set a lap time for it. If you really don't want my input on this forum then by all means be up front and say so.

I have organised and run a number of runouts for bikers, and I am sure that if you ask Dave Hutch or any others who have been along with me, they will say that the pace has been enjoyable not excessive.

I'm going to put my comments here then let the Moderators judge on where this is going as it seems to be degenerating for no real reason.

You are correct in that we have a B-King rider running the forum, no dispute there. I've know Dave for over two years now and been on a number of ride-outs he has organised, including the Forum Ride-Out to Nottingham this year. If you've read my posts around that ride-out, you'll be aware of my opinion of Dave and the ride-outs he has organised. It's not the bike that has generated the comments but the rider and as is usual, I'm guilty of the same, the bike becomes the reference point for the rider.

The points you raise are valid, each rider is different and you can't please all, but there is a certain approach required as part of a group ride out. The old cliché of "everyone goes out and everyone comes back" applies to all group ride-outs; as does the approach of "riding to the speed of the slowest rider". If you can't appreciate both of the points then maybe group ride-outs are not for you? [This is a general statement/comment and not aimed directly at you].

The offer of the route you are using in the Devon/ Cornwall area is appreciated as, like yourself, we have forum members in and around the area; I don't believe anyone is disputing any input you make to the forum.

I am possibly one of the least experienced riders on the forum. I have tried to keep up with other more experienced riders and almost spilled my bike. At that point I said I would never do it again. On a ride-out I ride at my pace, or the pace being set if it's slower. If it's faster I'll either catch them at the next stop, or next time I meet them out and about. Again, there is no dispute or argument about the ride-outs you have organised and no-one has made any comment on them; it would be somewhat difficult as only Dave has attended them.

In conclusion, I'm not sure if you feel that some of the comments made are aimed at all B-King riders, or the B-King forum as a whole? I'm fairly certain they're not as I'm sure Dave, if not one of the other Moderators on the forum, would have removed the comments. The comments originate as a result of events on our ride-out this year and for no other reason. As such, maybe it's best we put that incident to bed. We have to accept that it's occurred and that people have their own opinions on it, but let's not allow it to colour our perceptions of people or creep into comments that people make on the forum.

And with that I'm done. Thanks for listening.

some valid points there mike ,yeah its not THE bike but the rider I think Dave set a nice moderate pace that was just right for all level of riders amongst us and after brian left I enjoyed it even more, and everyones input counts and were not tarring everyone with the same brush - as stated at the beginning of the post Dave said it wasn't a race thumbs 

Well spoke to mike and dick and the propsal is maybe a 2014 ride out york area. Then from there we can head either east to scarbrough area or west to the lakes area. All are good routes with plenty of stops i will post 3 sets of dates in june, july and aug. I hope most people will be able to make it.

I know this a little far for some of the southerners and im sorry for that.thumbs 

i dont mind where it is as such just last year the ride was like 350 miles from me whichh it felt a bit unfair, but like said you cant please everyone, just point it was at very top of country. gutted my bike was dropped just before this years ride as leicester is well doable for me being 180 odd miles. itll just be good to put some more names to faces personally!

Yorkshires a great place for a rideout/meet and those dates should suit most people so hopefully we'll get a good turn out ,its best to get things sorted well in advance - whatevers decided i'm in thumbs 

Well been looking at a few bunkhouses and a few have come up for £10 a night and in good locations for pubs so will scout them out and work some routes out for you all.

i've read all the post  .now I have a top speed of 75 .and a feul range of 60 .so can we camp in Leicester .cause I ain't got a clue where we are going

always fancied cheddar gorge

@madwilly wrote:

always fancied cheddar gorge

I keep saying i've got to go back to cheddar with the bike! been 3 times in the car but never on the bike ( as of yet ). Vote for me for cheddar! thumbs