Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maveric

A complete change of paint to my trusted bike during vinter 2013 spring 2014

Hi here starts the story of my descition to make a change of paint scheme on my GSX1400 -07  Smile .

It all started with i noticed a lots of stone chips on the frame after used the bike for 40000km ,so i decided to repaint the frame.

Here is a pic of how it looked in oct 2013

the week after this pic i started the diassembly, a complete stripdown except the motor.

now the "fun" started this frame was no beauty regarding he welds  thumb down , all the "gravel" like thats are around a weld they have not sanded away before paint  fighting .
So a lot of hours later i was done with it and put the primer on

at this stage i had also removed the mountings for the horns (hidden the horn under the tank) thumbs .

Some paint and clearcoat it looked like this changed colour from black to grafite gray metallic  Cool .

Then the fun started put all together again it's really nice when all things are clean  thumbs .

At the same time i changed front springs to progressive ones a good decition i can say now  thumbs .

Even made a little twist with the vin plate, see if you can see the difference  Laughing 

At this point i decided to do something about the wheels too ,so i removed all the text on the spokes except the Suzuki logo.

Then the same process started again primer

Paint same as the frame

Painted the Suzuki logo red  Cool .

and this is how it looks  thumbs if i says it myself .

even the calipers got some attention with new seals and paint

this is how it looks right now.

But it's not over yet  Shocked .

As i have a complete set extra containing tank, rear end, sidepanels and front fender.
i started to do a lot of thinkering what to make with those parts , and two weeks ago i had decided on a paint scheme.

so the hole process started again  Wink .

and there i stop for tonight  will continue tomorrow  wave .

Cheers Maveric

You see, this is what happens when you have those long Scandinavian winter nights.  Laughing 

Good job dude. Looks nice.  Smile 

looks good mate! i miss tinkering with a bike like this.

deffo get some pics up when the rest is done  thumbs 

Good write up and I like the graphite grey on the frame.

Very nice job that and as mike says good to see ya about agian. thumbs 

excellent job and like the vin plate  Laughing thumbs thumbs 

Thanks for the comments  thumbs ..

Now i will continue the story of my project.

after i had put the primer on i got over the parts with some vet&dry 800 grid and painted some parts with white pearl..

and some parts with the same paint as the frame

And when it was dry i masked it up for a coat of Boost blue pearl .

Starting to see a pattern  Wink .

And here is the tank with some airbrush (eyes and Suzuki logo).

The eyes was my whifes idea (probably her keeping a Eye on me) LOL

and the logo is in two colours to make it look like it's hovering over the tank.

The side panels was the last part that i decided how it will look like (acually was not decided before this last friday)

painshop idea

And the finished look

If anyone wonder why the nr:21 it's simply my lucky number no other relation  Wink .

When i sprayed the tank and the frontfender the idiot "me" forgott to adjust the amount of paint when i cleaned the spraygun , so a copple of nice "paint curtains"  fighting  emerge in the clearcoat  No .

So i had to wait untill this sunday to rub the curtains down and put 2 more layers of clearcoat on ,but now it's ok  party .

And this is how the finished result look like  Cool .

on the front fender i did a little twist ,i put some old school fireflames just for fun  Cool 

close up

close up on the eye's i ment tank LOL

This is as far i'm at the moment ,got a permit to store all new painted parts on our second floor inside the house  I love you  to let the paint harden before i put them on sometime end next week almost cant wait  tumble weed 

I also have another thing to tell ,a copple of weeks ago i did a new dynorun (power run) coz i was not pleased with the result last fall (156hp/155mn at the rear wheel) that time it was running lean.
Now i have tuned it in and changed the cam settings for a higer rpm torque , and i pay'd up i now have 168hp/160mn at the rear wheel  think it's ok if you now a stock one has 102hp in the motor party  party .

Happy as a lottery vinner  Cool 

if all goes as plan i'm on my way to UK 6:th of august trying to do a ironbutt (1000miles in less than 24hours) and a bikemeet at old George Sykeshouse with the GSX1400 owners se if we meet at the roads  wave .

Cheers Maveric

great job maverick cant wait to see it all together  thumbs thumbs 

Hi someone cant wait anymore  Wink  so i mounted the panels yesterday  Cool .

So this is how it look't last fall.

And this is how it look's now  Cool 

And some closeups

Now it's just out and ride it  thumbs .

Cheers Maveric