Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Village Mayor-petsociety

What makes christmas for you?

Well its not long to go until christmas now, just over 50 days, so here at PSFC we want to know what makes christmas for you, family, friends, what tv shows, commercials, songs whatever it is, what gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Here is what does it for me, and i always always cant wait for it to come on TV as for me it marks the begining of christmas and really gives me that christmasy feel just like i was a kid.

I love that advert too ..and spending time with family and friends makes xmas special for me. This year will be extra special as I will have all my family with me for the first time in ages.

I also love the Asda advert ...Its beginning to look a lot like Xmas ...

This year is really strange for me..

I normally love going Christmas shopping, especially for presents for my kids, that always gets me in the christmas mood...but because we are going away for Christmas I am not doing the normal shopping Sad

I think for me it will be seeing my kids face when they get up one morning and see the tree is up (I've told them I'm not putting it up this year as we are going away lol) and also seeing my youngest (shes 2 and half) see Santa and go to her first Christmas party at playgroup congratulations

Have to admit I love Christmas songs on the radio as well congratulationscongratulations

OMG Dan loves this advert, he says its not truely xmas until that advert comes on TV lol
Saying that, you cant beat the Toys R Us advert lol

I love Christmas because I get to spend time with my family than normal. My father takes time off work for once and all my relatives come over.

Me too, I love Christmas and I miss how we celebrate it in the Philippines. The whole family gathers together and we go to church to hear mass.
Traditionally, Christmas Day in the Philippines is ushered in by the nine-day dawn masses that start on December 16. Known as the Misa de Gallo (Rooster's Mass) in the traditional Spanish and in Filipino as Simbang Gabi, or "Night Mass", this novena of Masses is the most important Filipino Christmas tradition.
For Filipinos, Christmas Eve on December 24th is celebrated with the Midnight Mass, and immediately after, the much-anticipated Noche Buena – the traditional Christmas Eve feast. Family members dine together around 12 midnight on traditional Noche Buena fare. Some would also open presents at this time.
In my location now, xmas was just an ordinary day here for others they let christians have their 1 day holiday. Everytime i hear any xmas song, i cried. coz it always reminds me of the old times, spending xmas with my family, which will never be the same again... Sad

Mangoberri wrote:
The joy of spending money on something big for yourself congratulations

haha, well ..............

BAHAHAHA!!

i agree! LOL LaughingLaughing

50 days?! so far!

smorkle wrote:
Mangoberri wrote:
The joy of spending money on something big for yourself congratulations

haha, well ..............

BAHAHAHA!!

i agree! LOL LaughingLaughing

50 days?! so far!

100 DAYS TILL THE OLYMPICS! SO EXCITED! 2 WEEKS OFF SCHOOL! WHOPEEEEEEEEE

I love Xmas!!! Decorating the tree and house with my daughter.Our dinner just the two of us and our traditional sitting outside in the garden watching fireworks while eating ice cream!!!
As you can see it's not always about having tons of people surrounding you ,it's about how special it's the person by your side. Smile
It's about seeing families rushing to buy presents or doing them themselves to make someone else happy.For us it is always waaarmmmm but nevertheless it's special.
It seem Christmas is coming early this year maybe it's the need for something better to happen.
Love the decorations on the streets, on the malls, the ads and the feeling
it's Christmas Eve when you can't find people on the streets at 6 pm.
Sometimes i get a little sad for times gone by but nothing that my daughters smile can't take away Smile

Christmas is my favourite period of the year!!

i love decorating my house, all xmas songs, and the i feel something in the sir that makes me happy.... it's cold, dark but with lot of lights and decorations all around the city..... omg i LOVE LOVE LOVE xmas!!!

and i love also doing gifts for my family and friends and especially packing them !! congratulations

Guest Guest

What makes christmas for me is that on December 24 i have birthday congratulations it is so beautiful!

I used to LOVE Christmas growing up for the PRESENTS... DUH Smile

But now that I'm old...It's the meaning of Christmas that makes Christmas. The thought that God loved us so much he sent His son to show us that love, and sent Him in a frail human body so we could relate to Him even thousands of years later, and sent Him knowing what would happen to Him, what we, would do to Him...AMAZING!

I enjoy my family too, but this year my kids and grandkids are in New York and I am in the middle of the U.S. - too far for me to travel. I will/do miss them terribly.

We've always gone out in the car to ride around and look at Christmas lights and decorations. My hubby like to play Christmas music on the radio too, so that is one of my favorite things to do. As long as it's not so cold the car windows fog and make it hard to see...lol.

i love the kids faces when they see father christmas has been. Then watching them open presents from under the tree. Then me and my hubby have about 2 each to open
- they were still opening at tea time last yr - mental note to self this yr - don't go so mad with buying!

Our local radio presenters (Twiggy and Emma on 96trent fm) sing a sleeps til santa jingle at half 8 in the morning everyday in december.
They have done this for years and the kids wont goto school until they have heard it Smile . thats what i also look forward to and getting my xmas cd,s out.

I hate living in the uk at christmas though and wish it was like it is in the film home alone.