Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
butterfly

Comfort Food

Fessing up with Chips and dips. Oh and it must be ruffles cuz they have ridges..... :roflx: :roflx: :roflx: :roflx:

I crack me up.... :roflx:

Love ya all,

Connie

Connie -

Every once in a while I get the craving for chips and dip and I'm with you, it has to be Ruffles...interesting, because that's the only time that I eat Ruffles... rofl

Okay, back to the original question - for me, it depends on the time of year...if it's summer then ice cream is my comfort food..this past summer I discovered Haagen Dazs Dulce de Leche ice cream (fortunately, they come in single serving containers here)... laugh

If it's winter then either macaroni and cheese or a concoction that I make that will probably sound gross but it works for me! Mashed potatoes (buttery) with sweet corn mixed through and topped with shredded or grated Parmesan cheese (not Kraft, it has to be the real cheese) and placed under the broiler under the cheese melts and browns a little...yum! thumbs

ok, there is one year round standby...fetticune/linguine/spaghetti/whatever pasta is in the cupboard alfredo. I have a quick recipe that I use and will add green peas, bits of salmon, broccoli florets or some other vegetable to the sauce so that I can take the focus off of all the grams of fat that I'm consuming and instead concentrate on the vitamins, minerals, and fiber instead.... whistle lol!

I have soooooo many. New here to Alaska from the Arizona Desert and I am finding the winters here in Alaska make me hungry!! I just want to eat, eat, eat. Lord help me! I have found that I want BREAD, PASTA, CAKE, POTATOES, HOT CHOCLATE AND SO MUCH MORE.... hee hee :roflx:

OOOOHHHH, IT IS :snow: SNOWING RIGHT NOW. MAKES ME WANT TO HAVE HOT CHOCLATE RIGHT NOW!! ☕

Oh no, we are confessing our weaknesses unto one another! lol! Well okay time to get serious I have a weakness for veggies. yes my friends vegetables is my downfall. crying Oh oh I like steak!!! yummmmmm yum! rofl rofl

Okay my real craving is also hot chocolate! Okay now you know my weaknesses now you know my downfall okay I feel better now. laugh

It is so nice how we can get real with one another I am one step closer to you. :rocking:

hmmph,too much gurl power, southern fried chicken,:oops: :oops: :blushing: :roflx: :roflx: :roflx: more calories to ya hee hee dreamster stikes again

Jeanie you bet! Lets get all the girlfriends togther and have Hot Chocolate. Oh and Dreamster too. hee hee . We can not leave our Brother out. You like Hot Chocolate Dreamster?

North to Alaska everyone!!!

:HiBye:

You guys are to funny. I am into the country fried steak also......you see my problem is all food is comfort food.....LOL laugh

My second weakness though is any Pasta dishes....preferably white sauce dishes. Yummmmm! hee hee I figure I'm over 50 oldguy and have earned the right to enjoy any dish I want.

I found out that when I quit smoking I had taste buds.....Oh my Lord, that was not necessarily a good discovery..... :LOLDOH:

Love in Christ,

Connie :cmere:

hee hee You are guys are so funny. I am off to Alaska! Wahoooooooo! Okay maybe not today but some day to drink hot chocolate and float on a iceberg. :snow:

Jeanie,

:freezing: I am from Minnesota originally and it can be very very very cold in Alaska...:freezing:

Bring lots of warm clothing. Meanwhile I will have some hot chocolate with you.... ☕

Love in Jesus

Connie :snow:

This is too fun! I can't help but to think about how someday we will all be together around the table of our God... Doesn't that just warm your heart.... Ok, I am mushy... yep it's true...

But still this is so much funnnnnnnnn bouncing

Jeanie, I like the idea of floating on a iceberg with Hot Chocolate! Sounds so adventerous.

Connie, I am with you, right now all foods comfort me. Daph\\'s Dreams