Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HisLightbeam

TO A CERTAIN DEGREE

Most people who are Christians want to be used by the Lord for His glory...to a certain degree. 30 degrees. 60 degrees. 90 degrees. A certain degree. When the sword of the word splits their relationships, that may be to a certain degree. When being faithful affects opportunities to gain wealth, that may be a certain degree for someone. When being persecuted for the Word's sake causes people to be ostricized, 'buked, and scorned, that may be someone's certain degree.

What if the spirit of the Lord led you into the wilderness to be tempted by satan? Would you follow? What if the Lord wants you to be the voice crying in the wilderness, "Make straight paths for the Lord", would you be that one who ate locusts and honey, and appeared strange and different before men? Would tie a belt around your waist for a period of days and bury it, dig it back up again and use it in a sermon? How about refusing to bow before an idol and being tossed in the fire? How about now? Or a lion's den? What if He wants you to spread the gospel while you are being pursued by enemies to that seek your life, because they knew you were the righteous King, and you didn't know when you were ascending to the throne...in one, seven, or thirteen years, maybe...? To what degree would you follow the spirit of the living God?

See, most of us WOULD follow God to a certain degree...but what if He let us be shut up in prison for the word's sake, and we literally have to lose our heads? To what degree would you follow Jesus? Would you give up your house? Lose a friend? What about a car? What if you had to walk for a time? What if you lost your job as part of that certain degree-there are those the enemy will use to take a believer's income, thinking that is enough to make that person "curse God and die". What about your child, or your spouse? What if the Lord really DOES expect us to carry our cross? To what degree do you say, "I can go this far and no farther." ?
I used to have a certain degree. I am interested to see that the number keeps getting higher and higher as I go through each trial, and am restored after each affliction by a loving, caring, Father God. For each dream deferred, the Lord has given me a better dream.
We live in the most deceptively peaceful time of that the church has seen in America. It is like we are being lullabied by the house, the car, the nice job, and the finer things in life. Things most of the world does not have. We have also had the privilege of not being the persecuted side of the family. We are blessed. But I say wake up, oh, sleeper. Act as if everyday is the day of the Lord's return. Then He won't find us sleeping, and we will have no reason to be shamed.
To the man that is enduring hard trials right now, this is a blessing, because it will strengthen your faith for the hours that we know are coming upon this earth. It will toughen you against the things that the enemy will use against you to get you to quit the assignment that God has for you. Even though my personal belief is that the church will be caught up in the rapture, I still know and see that many are experiencing the birth pangs, as the enemy of our souls is striving to push forth an agenda that eliminates any mention of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

The best present that I could ever hope for is mine now. Everyone in my family has salvation. I could go home now, if I weren't so dissatisfied because of the preponderance of people stuck luck Abraham's ram in the highways and hedges.

Some of us have street ministries. Did the Lord call you to go minister to the prostitute, the addict, the dealer, the runaway, the homeless, those who admittedly need a doctor? Then go. Go in the morning, go in the evening, go in the midnight hours. Go when the Spirit gives you an unction to GO! Love those who are unlovely. One of the most unlovely people in the new testament was one of Jesus' greatest and most devoted followers. Mary Magdalene. Don't let people judge you or call your good evil. To the pure all things are pure, and to those who have a dirty conscience, all things are corrupt. It is time for us to go out to get all the lost sheep, all the wild olive branchs that are waiting to be grafted in, because this is also part of our spiritual act of worship.

So I ask you again, what is your certain degree?

Yes, Yes and Amen. Preach it sister, Preach it!!!!!!!!

Shout it from the roof-tops, Halo

I have been thinking a lot about this in the past few years as my "senses" tell me this is the end.

well, actually,
God is able to fulfill all of Revelations prophecies at the blink of an eye, and Jesus could return. But the Lord reveals portions to us, taking us from glory to glory. There are several things that the Lord promised me that haven't come to pass. There are a lot of biblical things that have not come to pass. One crucial thing, is that the man of sin has not been revealed. The reason why I say this is because it is written in the word, and the word is line upon line and precept upon precept. In other words, every line is strengthened, confirmed, and proved true by the next line. So, it is not what we would consider the end, unless we are referring to the end of the Dispensation of Grace, and going into the Millenial Reign of Christ. So, there is no end to anything, because we are all eternal beings. It is just a matter of where each person is going to spend their next life. For some, honour and glory with the KING, and for others, eternal darkness and everlasting shame. Some people will be feeling really jacked up. I encourage those that I discipline to live today to the fullest, but be mindful that if your "fullness" does not match Christ's fullness...finish the statement any way that you like. The word of God is made very clear through the Holy Spirit, but we have to take time to fellowship with Him and the word, to get wisdom and understanding.

I agree with you though I meant these are the end as in times. I have a bad habit of leaving things as understood. It's an Oklahoma thing.

Keep expounding girl!!!!!!! This has blessed me. I have a book that I love it is one of the bound books called "Jesus Freaks" about the saints in past times. One awesome story that encourages me greatly. i will share what I remember. In the times when Christians were burned at the stake for turning their back on Catholisism....one man was to watch his friend burn in town square with other "rebels"... this is how I remember the story...before the killing he went into the prison to say goodbye to his friend....and he asked him this.
Ive been afraid of what would happen to me If I was ever in your position, could I go through with it and not deny the Christ, please for me, as the fires are consuming you, If God does come to you and make it bearable, please as a sign, clap your hands together above your head and I will know that God has come to you to make it bearable.
The fires were lit and became large and the singing turned to the cries of humanity....but the bodies were being silenced one by one and the man thought....ah...he is dead...there was no sign......just then, a man, burned beyond recognition raised his hands above his head and clapped his hands...not one, not two....but three times....as his body was devoured in the fire. Be not afraid brothers and sister of what the world can do to you.....Greater is He who is in you than He who is in the world......praise God

Wow, that's amazing - Amen, praise God for He is good!

HLB - I continue to be blessed and awed by your writings! Do the thing! Expound, expound!

Ya know I just re-read this article. I have asked myself many times.....I am willing to go the distance. God has asked me , "Connie do you know the cost?". I have answered that I understand the question....but how can I know the cost. How can I understand what is yet to come. How can I understand what it cost him to give his life for me? Am I willing to lay it on the line for Jesus.......this is a good question we should all ask ourselves. it is interesting, while I was reading I was thinking about all the events in my life that brought me to my Lord. I walked through the fire many times. To be honest there have been times when I have thought this is to costly, I just can't do it Lord. The pain is to great. What you ask cost so much. He stretches me often but I know the reason and the reward is being closer to Him and being more confident in Him. The truth is that I could not walk away now. I am in too deep. I cannot imagine my life without Jesus. Where would I go and to whom would I turn. Who would comfort me and love me when the world rejects me and some times for good reason. Who would forgive every sin no matter which one and tell me He loved me. Who would die on a cross and bear the cost of my sins from the beginning of time and the sin of every single man, woman or child from the beginning of time until there is no time? There is only one.....His name is Jesus! I would have to do all that he would require of me. It may be painful but for a moment but the end would mean my eternity with him. I have given him much but would give more if it were required of me.

I love this topic. Most excellent. I am glad I revisited it.

Love in Jesus,

Connie Amen

Praise The Lord.......Very well said. Stand up and testify a little-bit. I'm over here in the Amen corner!!!!!

Halo