Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cholette

My BFF is making a HUGE mistake!!!

I'm at a loss for words right now... I have a really good friend who believes he has found his future wife. It seemed to be great in the beginning, in my eyes, but I began seeing some strange things take place. After knowing her for a few weeks, he was ready to pack up his son and move 200 miles away to be near her...even knowing that his daughter would be left behind with her mother. I asked him, why in the world would he be rushing to move when 1) he doesn't have a job and 2) he would be leaving his daughter behind (which is the most important one). He didn't want to listen to me so I left it alone. Soon after, his ex wife got involved and then took him to court to stop him from moving her son 200 miles away from her.

That whole battle opened up his eyes and he realized he was getting ready to make the worse mistake of his life by uprooting and leaving his daughter behind. Because of that quick decision, he opened up a "can of worms" and now things are intense with his ex-wife. After awhile the true colors of his "future wife" began to show and it was all about him moving and it was like she didn't care what he was leaving behind (his children), while HER two children were safe with HER. So he began realizing that things with her were not right and he needed to go back to God.

Well, my prayer team and I were interceding and out of the blue, one of the girls heard God say something to her about this guy...who she only knows is my friend, but doesn't know what's going on with him. She said that she saw him in a web and the web was formed by a black widow that is in his life. I gasped because I knew EXACTLY who she was speaking about. She went on to say that he needed to RUN FOR HIS LIFE!!! I told him the word and he said it confirmed some things in him.

Now...I just found out that he went to see her for the Christmas Holiday's and now he says that his heart has changed and that he feels differently about her and they are looking towards the future with each other. I explained to him what a black widow does...she woos her prey and gets it to connect to her before she entangles it in her web and kills it. He's supposed to feel good because that's her tactic, but he won't listen. So I've made the bold and honest move to turn around and walk the other way. I can't pray anymore...I can't talk to him anymore...I'm pretty much done. There is a part of me that says that God doesn't give up on me when I make wrong moves so why am I doing it to him, but this situation has taken my focus. I'm in training to be an Elder in my church...I've been asked to seek God for a Word for my church and give it on New Years Eve...but I haven't given any thought to these things because I'm inadated with this situation. I hate it when I see close friends take a nose dive...and that is what he's doing...I can see the end results even as I type this.

What would you do?

You have given him Godly counsel, you have prayed and interceeded on his behalf. As hard as it may be I would have to leave it alone and trust that God heard my prayers and that he would be covered under God protection.

Not an easy task but it seems to be the only option at this point. crying

This is just what I think, so please toss it if it does not feel right.
I'd say, Cholette, that your friend is still in God's Hand. So often we put this burden on our shoulders that isn't even ours. Even when it seems like people are taking a nose dive and are going to be ruind, I believe that they are still in God's Hands and He is in control. He will put plenty of other laborers on your friend's path and turn him around. Maybe your friend needs to walk this path to an extend if he does not see the stuation clearly yet. I believe God can still catch him and turn things around at any point. I understand there might be some pain involved for him and his kids and that's very sad, but God gave us free will to choose which way to go.
You did what you could - you gave him the message, you prayed. There is not need to put your life on hold because of this. Just pray for him and believe in God's power to get him out of this mess.

Father, we thank You for keeping Your hand on this man and his family. We thank You that You never leave nor forsake us. Thank You, that You gave us the authority to bind on earth all evil powers that work against us and they will be bound in heaven, in Jesus' Name. So we do this, we bind all evil forces that blind Cholette's frind and try to get him off the right path, in Jesus' Name and we fully believe and trust that You are bigger than any evil army formed against this man. We thank You that You guide him down the right path for Your Name's sake and that no weapon formed against him shall prosper. Father, we ask You to open up his eyes that he can see the trap of the enemy and step around it. We thank You for sending Your Angels to minister to this man and keep him and his family safe and free from hurt and any destruction. We praise You and glorify Your Name! in Jesus' Name. Amen!

nerd :hairraising: um C,, im wiv them, :yeahthat: , uve dun ur best, :goodjob: its not that u dont care i dunno or anythang, some things must run ther course,, bandaid u gotta carry on wiv ur responsibilitys soapbox :blah: :blah: happy dance scratching chin hmmm i jus hadda thort,, that this situ may well be a tactic referee 2 get u off course, :hairraising: ,,so clear ur head, shocked an refocus, you go girl! ............ sweet dreams 2 D,,, filling in 4 dr phil ova da holidays happy dance

Great thought Dreamster! The enemy is good at distractions. I agree C, stay the course. Cheering

Cholette wrote:
I hate it when I see close friends take a nose dive...and that is what he's doing...I can see the end results even as I type this.

Not sure what the theme is behind the Word you are expected to give, but have you considered taking inspiration from this struggle?

Also - and not at all meaning to cause you to second-guess or be contrary - is that sliver of hope you mentioned about how God would never give up on you from yourself or from God? If it's your own feelings, then definitely put the issue down. If it's God, then...

Praying for you either way,
-Mark

Thanks everyone...some good stuff here. Yes, I do know that God won't leave him nor forsake him OR his children however, when you see them getting ready to hurt himself and possiblyl his children, then it hurts my heart...especially if all he has to do is CONSIDER and not make a move until he has TOTALLY heard from the Lord.

Mark, not sure what my inspiration is going to be yet...will be spending time with the Lord tonight so find out. Yes, the silver lining is that I don't give up on him like God hasn't given up on me, but I'm not giving up on HIM as a person...just the situation. I've asked him to not mention or discuss anything pertaining to their situation because I'm not in the right frame of heart yet.

D...yes this is a HUGE focus breaker and I do know that God is trying to pull me back...I can feel the tug!

Thanks everyone...you are all on it!

Our God is WELL ABLE to remove the blinders from your friend's eyes, to loosen the hold this woman has on him. Father God, I pray for Cholette, that you will give her the grace to release her friend in her heart. I pray for all the good seeds, all the words of wisdom Cholette has sowed into this man--that they would come to harvest. You say Your Word does not return void and I'm sure Cholette has shared Your Word with him. Give Cholette the right words to share for thie New Year's Eve service, give her revelation straight from your heart, revelation that comes with healing in its wings.

Deborah wrote:
Our God is WELL ABLE to remove the blinders from your friend's eyes, to loosen the hold this woman has on him. Father God, I pray for Cholette, that you will give her the grace to release her friend in her heart. I pray for all the good seeds, all the words of wisdom Cholette has sowed into this man--that they would come to harvest. You say Your Word does not return void and I'm sure Cholette has shared Your Word with him. Give Cholette the right words to share for thie New Year's Eve service, give her revelation straight from your heart, revelation that comes with healing in its wings.

Thank you Deborah...I felt this prayer!!

Good morning Cholette,

I really think what the Lord is saying here is that we should not turn our backs on people even when we are sure they are making the wrong choices just like he does not turn his back on us. Love them through the situation. I think you have prayed and advised as you believe the Lord has prompted you but now it is time to sit back and watch the Lord take the reigns so to speak. Love your friend through the struggle and continue to pray for his safety and his awakening in the matter. The dream about the web is a little scary but we all know how God can turn a situation around. Now it is our time to let God move. I am praying in agreement for your friend.

Love in Jesus,

Connie huggins

One note to add. I agree with D here that the enemy will try to use this situation to distract you from what God has purposed for you.....We break that off in Jesus name and declare that you will be ready for the word the Lord has for you to speak and nothing will hinder you. We pray for your peace and clear thoughts! Remember the Lord will be giving you the words...and we are standing with you!

Love in Jesus,

Connie

Thank you Connie! I'm in agreement with everything you said. I'm not turning my back on him, but the situation. I've poured more into this man regarding this than you can imagine. Because of this, his decision has hurt my feelings. When I'm your friend, I'm your friend, but I also know when its time to let go and allow "EXPERIENCE" to be the teacher.

Thank you for the prayer...got my focus back!!!!

Cholette wrote:
Deborah wrote:

Thank you Deborah...I felt this prayer!!
woo hoo you\\'re welcome!

You guys are awesome!! I struggled a bit today with the whole situation because she drove to his house today to shack up with him for the New Years Weekend IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN!!!!!!! How do you do this in front of your children???? It's one thing to go this route and screw up your own life, but to involve your kids...I'm just beside myself right now.

I have my prayer group surrounding me in prayer tonight...I need you guys to continue to pray with me. I know I need to trust God a little more in this situation, but when I love, I love HARD and when I see someone I love going down hill it's EXTREMELY painful, especially when there is nothing you can do. HELP ME JESUS!!!!

Deborah wrote:
I woke up with you on my heart this morning, Cholette!

And you were on my mind for most of the night at work, yesterday. God cares about you and this situation, and He's obviously placed his concerns on the hearts of his prayer warriors. You're covered, Cholette. :)

-Mark

Hi Cholette!

You were on my mind as well. I read this thread last night and planned to reply but wasn't able to. Sometimes things are not what they seem. I was reminded of Psalm 46:10 when I read through the posts. From what you've written, I have no doubt that God's hand is in this situation. Even now when it looks like the worst scenario is playing out, it may well be this situation that God uses to bring revelation to your friend. The prayer now is that your friend has eyes to see and ears to hear so that he doesn't miss God.

And even if this doesn't occur, still be encouraged. Sometimes God chooses to allow certain events to occur as part of a larger process - a process that leads the person to a place where God can work in/with/through them and eventually bless them if they submit to His authority.

As for you, I agree with Connie - keep him covered in prayer and continue to love him (I know you will do this so sorry for stating the obvious.). I also agree with D and the others that the enemy is trying to use this situation to distract you but he hasn't been successful nor will he be because you're aware of his schemes. Will stand in agreement with everyone and keep you covered in prayer.

I hope that the Word you receive is one that you can share with us - I can't wait to hear it! happy dance :hooray: huggins

nerd i hadda thort idea idea anna scrip come2 me now,,the thort was abiut things being darkest jus b4 the dawn,, then the scrip about the prodigal son who came 2 his senses while in the pig pen, what what [pigs represent ultimate unclean thing] nerd so it kood be that wen things seem da werst bandaid that ur frend will come 2 his senses an return 2 the fathers house foresaking that situation, :hooray: i klinda im in da zone wiv this C soapbox ,,,ya kno wat im sayyyyiiinngg huggins lol! D

LOL!!! Thanks D! My prayer group and I prayed last night and a lot of stuff came out of me as I declared into his life. I can't pray against the relationship because that would be a "witchcraft" prayer. I do know that it's going to turn out the way God designed for it to so i just need to wait on the Lord...like I've been doing with everything else I can't control.

Thanks Lurdy's...I had that same thought about this being the situation that will bring him right to the place God has for him. He was doing very well...praying...getting revelation and very encouraged about how his life was going and then This. I'm trusting God...I really am!

Thank you ALL...I'm humbled that God put me on your minds yesterday...only God can do that...I'm so grateful for his love and comfort.

Hugs to ALL

God bless you, Cholette. My heart goes out to you, for I am facing a similiar situation, except this is going bananas smh. As the Holy Spirit is dealing with me. That woman your friend is dealing with is NOT HIS WIFE. She's luring him and hooking him into her traps. For she is planning to suck the LIFE OUT OF HIM. And He will be hurt and left with nothing if he continues to go down this path. He must turn the other way for this is a life or death situation for him spiritually. I'm sensing in the spirit He's battling with a demon of loneliness and a need to be loved by another and this woman has been saying all the right things to him and it's "soothing" his soul. Keep him in prayer, I hear the Lord is saying because he's going to need your prayers. it's best to keep your distance right now and put yourself on a fast (if you'e not on one) to get your breakthrough. Your friend will thank you for it in the end. I pray you get a peace of mind over this. For your friend is dancing with the devil. Ask God to take the scales off his eyes and SPEAK CLEARLY to him and that he has a receptive heart towards God, and if you intercede on his behalf while leaving him be, YOU will hear of his situation and God will confirm things to you only that YOU and the LORD KNOWS! God will give you signs that your prayers are being answered concerning your friend. So look for them. I pray this works out for your good and his too. BE ENCOURAGED and God will give you a word. :)

Chimere wrote:
God bless you, Cholette. My heart goes out to you, for I am facing a similiar situation, except this is going bananas smh. As the Holy Spirit is dealing with me. That woman your friend is dealing with is NOT HIS WIFE. She's luring him and hooking him into her traps. For she is planning to suck the LIFE OUT OF HIM. And He will be hurt and left with nothing if he continues to go down this path. He must turn the other way for this is a life or death situation for him spiritually. I'm sensing in the spirit He's battling with a demon of loneliness and a need to be loved by another and this woman has been saying all the right things to him and it's "soothing" his soul. Keep him in prayer, I hear the Lord is saying because he's going to need your prayers. it's best to keep your distance right now and put yourself on a fast (if you'e not on one) to get your breakthrough. Your friend will thank you for it in the end. I pray you get a peace of mind over this. For your friend is dancing with the devil. Ask God to take the scales off his eyes and SPEAK CLEARLY to him and that he has a receptive heart towards God, and if you intercede on his behalf while leaving him be, YOU will hear of his situation and God will confirm things to you only that YOU and the LORD KNOWS! God will give you signs that your prayers are being answered concerning your friend. So look for them. I pray this works out for your good and his too. BE ENCOURAGED and God will give you a word. :)

This is the Word of the Lord!!!!!! I received a similar word earlier from Him and this is soooo timely.

The leaders in my church are going on a fast beginning Monday for the month of January and we are praying for a plethora of things however, my BFF is on my personal list. I know God has a special woman for him and I'm declaring her into existence.

Yes!!! He's lonely and it's the reason why he drove six hours round trip to be with this woman for Christmas. He wants to be married really badly and I think that is his driving force. God is doing something special in this situation and the word you've shared this evening confirms it even more...WOW! Thank you Jesus!! To God be the glory!

TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!!! HALLELUJAH!!!!! I knew this is from God. He came on me so heavily and the Lord knows your heart and you have a pure, loving HEART! And You love the Lord. The effectual fervent prayers availeth much. Yes, this is urgent. Your friend is going to need your prayers. Just Be Still and know that He is GOD. See, I've been dealign with loneliness myself and I knwo too well how the devil DECEIVES us in this area. It will have you thinking one thing and then POP the true colors comes out and if you're a child of God and walking in the light, GOD WILL ALWAYS REVEAL THE TRUTH. I don't care how WELL HIDDEN the devil try to play teh scenario. And you're correct. God does have a special woman for him. This woman he's dealing with is a SMOKE SCREEN! Pray for him because she will turn his life upside down, send him through some emotional roller coasters. And pray that God will heal his heart before the woman God destined him to be with arrives. God will move on you and the leader's behalf in the curch. I hear the Lord saying, Make your requests KNOWN unto Him for YOUR PRAYERS shall be answered and it shall COME TO PASS! There's a WAVE of PLENTY OF BREAKTHROUGHS ... I see it int he spiritual relam, that the cries you and others have made will be answered and delivered. I keep hearing the Lord say pray for friend. He's going to need YOUR PRAYERS! He's walking on deadly territory and the devil is waiting to eat him alive because God has a plan for him and God will use him for His Glory. This is a trap and deception is HIGHLY inolved in this scenario. So give God praise in advance. There's a break through coming for the saints. Whatever you ask in prayer believe it and you shall receive it! And whether your friend realize it or not, Cholette. God kept warning him through you. From what I'm sensing through God, your heart is heavy about this, it's like rocks are crushing your heart because you love him very much and you only want the very best for him: God's best. Oh, ps, on this fast, whatever God tells you to do to see faster results, DO IT! There's a couple of BLESSINGS for you :) God bless!

That's all I can say right now. The Lord is sooo good! Thanks again my friend...you are definately flowing.

you're welcome, my friend. And to God be the GLORY!!! happy dance Hey, as God's word said, "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of The Lord is, there is liberty." 2 Cor 3:17 It's my pesonal conviction in Him, that we should NOT be bound by anything that is detrimental for our souls. After all Jesus came to set the captives free and Jesus is LIFE! :) HAPPY NEW YEAR's EVE to you!

hi cholette..i agree w/everyone and Dr, Phill aka Dee....

Your freind is lucky to have a freind like u in his life,,,God must have put this burden in ur heart and u r being obedient by praying for him and asking for His well being..

Keep Him in ur prayers the Lord can work miracles..nothing is impossible.. lonliness can make a person do crazy things

SisterinChrist wrote:
hi cholette..i agree w/everyone and Dr, Phill aka Dee....

Your freind is lucky to have a freind like u in his life,,,God must have put this burden in ur heart and u r being obedient by praying for him and asking for His well being..

Keep Him in ur prayers the Lord can work miracles..nothing is impossible.. lonliness can make a person do crazy things

I've seen some positive signs. This New years weekend with them shacking up wasn't as good as he thought it would be. I spoke to him on the phone this morning, after I knew she would be gone and he sounded a mess. He was irritable and talking in circles so God is good! Something is happening so I'm STILL praying.

wave C soapbox ,,,,, well it sure sounds like prodigal at the pigpen disappointed shocked the :bible: says ''sin is pleasurable only 4 a season,, '',,i wood expect him 2 come 2 his senses soonish,, idea laugh ,,,,,,,,,,, sweet dreams 2 D at da hilton,, lol!

Thank you EVERYONE!!! The prayers have worked. My BFF has finally seen the light and he told this woman that there is not future with them. He's realized that there is better for him.

I can just scream right now...

To God be the GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!