Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiddly Winks

No more random FRs please!

I don't want to come across sounding rude, as I love everyone here on the forum, but I cannot handle anymore random requests. If you want to friend me for a trade, that's great as long as I know that the trade will happen. But please understand that the FR's I get with no messages at all (and I get quite a lot of these) will be ignored. I have right now 150+ PS friends on Facebook, and I am doing well getting all of those pets visited.

The reason for this messaage is that one of my friends had a hacker break into her facebook account recently, and there have been countless problems with her being able to actually keep the rights to her page. Facebook has, in this case, not been helpful at all. I don't want this to happen to me and I am certain that none of you want that either. So please understand that I will not be accepting any random FRs. It used to be that I would accept them if the person asking had ten or so common friends with me, but now I can't do that anymore. If I don't know who the person is who is asking, then I will simply not accept.

I do too, but a lot of people just click and send, click and send...and I just click 'ignore'. I hate feeling like I'm being rude, but there are a lot of people who send these.

yeah that is true.......i ignor all people who i don't know who they are .......i will accept F/R only if i know who is the person....Smile

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I don't want to come across sounding rude, as I love everyone here on the forum, but I cannot handle anymore random requests. If you want to friend me for a trade, that's great as long as I know that the trade will happen. But please understand that the FR's I get with no messages at all (and I get quite a lot of these) will be ignored. I have right now 150+ PS friends on Facebook, and I am doing well getting all of those pets visited.

The reason for this messaage is that one of my friends had a hacker break into her facebook account recently, and there have been countless problems with her being able to actually keep the rights to her page. Facebook has, in this case, not been helpful at all. I don't want this to happen to me and I am certain that none of you want that either. So please understand that I will not be accepting any random FRs. It used to be that I would accept them if the person asking had ten or so common friends with me, but now I can't do that anymore. If I don't know who the person is who is asking, then I will simply not accept.

ohhhhhhhhhh me too i have 211 ps friends

Yes ms.Tiddly winks, Just earlier I started to delete 2k of my friends... it took me 2 hours to filter who are to be erased and I made a list now...

Tomorrow I will continue to delete coz I still got 1k+ left...and i know its easier to add them than delete them becoz i dont want to hurt their feelings or be mad of me.>.
But now...All I will keep are my family here in PSFC and my real friends.

The reason for my deletion is the recent hackings that are happening in Petsociety.I heard it earlier from a friend as well.

I get random invites too like you and its not just 1 everyday.Id like to help them add me in their games..But I got tired of it because they don't follow what i say in my info that I will not add them if they don't have a note why they are adding me. and this is for my account to be safe too Smile

I am in the process of deleting mw friends and I need to deleted the ps beggers.

I will be busy forever and ever....

PLEASE don't delete me Sad I adore you tons!

If I ever visit your country,We will have to have lunch or something.I will have to cook Smile

sometimes random friend requests can be beggars
and i sure don't want those
when you get one - you'll keep getting them a lot (same person, different accounts) Sad
and i sure don't need them

i will delete the ones that aren't active in the forums anymore...
i think i'll soon have 400 people on my friends list O__o

and check my sig - no f/r without a note
for the ones without a note, i have the little grey ignore button Smile

I'd love it, Kathy, and you ain't going no place on my friends list. <...I love that smiley. Easily amused.

Good plan, Tweet. Smile

It is. I have actually considered disabling the chat function on facebook because that is where the beggars come. I have gotten messages from people wanting to trade for things displayed in my house. I guess they figure that anything goes. I have always felt that if an item is displayed in someone's house, then it's off limits. Sure, I have asked people, 'where did you get this, because I want to buy one if it is in the shops.' But, I get messages from people asking me to trade stuff that I have displayed and never even indicated wanting to trade them.

Many of my rare items in PS were actually gifted to me by very dear friends, but some of these people don't really care, I get messages like 'sell me this' or 'give me that' and my only option is to delete them.

The drawback to disabling the the chat function is there are people I really enjoy chatting with, and would miss their conversations.

aw! tiddly you can create lists of people that you have certain privacy measures and that you are always appear offline to them! 8)

it is easy now to the new one you go to edit freinds and then create a new list and you choose who you want and go to privacy settings and choose you you want and what to visible to others and then except from and you type the name of the list you have created previously and on the chat you choose who you want to be visible and that list you check offline, hope It wasn't too complecated and it made sense!

I never have my facebook chat on ....its too distracting in my opinion ...but I do have the groups set up as fash said..

i have a group for pet society friends to be offline for them (don't get me wrong, but i had issues with fb chat, hen people tried selling me stuff i don't want, even thoug i told them that... then i used the remove from friens list button)

now everytime i have to add someone, they just go to the pet society list lol

tweet40 wrote:
i have a group for pet society friends to be offline for them (don't get me wrong, but i had issues with fb chat, hen people tried selling me stuff i don't want, even thoug i told them that... then i used the remove from friens list button)

thats exactly what i do too !!

agree with all of u!!!!!!!!!!!!!bored to visit friends that dont play ps and dont see something different in their rooms!!!!!!!!so i add only people that i like

I am so glad I am not alone here. I am doing some tweaking on my friends list, no deletions, but I am setting some limits. Definitely some good ideas.

Tiddly Winks wrote:
Not very likely Hannah, you're too good a friend. congratulations

Like you even have to ask.

just making sure... caz if you do ill just keep asking te be your friend again...
:spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

kasijab wrote:
tweet40 wrote:

thats exactly what i do too !!

me three!! i have a separate psfc list.
and i also created a "delete first" list - those are the random people that used to send me requests that i accepted. it is a short list, but i still have some on there.

i don't think anyone of use means to be mean by deleting someone, but when you have 100-200+ people on your PS frenz list, that's a bit much.

and if anyone wants to delete me, they can. my feelings won't be hurt...i'll just cry a little, just a little. ha ha jk!

I have a abcde list for RC and a ps list for pet society Mostly everyone here goes into abcde just because it's the first one...and i'm lazy to move my mouse down more .

I usually never get random f/rs....currently I have exactly 100 people in pet society...I would say 51% are actually friends I know personally.

ohh, that's a high percentage of frenz you know personally that plays PS.

i'd say i'm at about 7% on my list of people i know in RL that play.

I actually have family members who play Petville, but none that play PS. Smile Oh well, with my family Tiddly Winks will have her peace and quiet. Mwahahahahaha.

I am bringing this up again for one reason and that is in the wake of all the hackery that has been going on, one of the things I need to do is preen my friend list again. I presently have over 150 friends and it is becoming very trying for me to get to all the visits. So, I have gone through the list and am trying to get it down to around 120.

Since many of Tiddly Winks' friends are there because of trades, I have decided to delete several of the people from the list. If you got deleted and still wish to be there, then please let me know. Anyone here who sends a friend request with no note will be ignored.

I've just done another purge and deleted lots of people that I had added for trade ...if I have deleted any of you by mistake (don't think so but you never know) then pls send me a f/r with a note and I will re add you xx

just checked and got my PS list down from 350 to 280 ..still a way to go but its a start

Tiddly Winks wrote:
I hope Kasi will stay on my list. He's such a cutie. congratulations

he sure will

I keep getting random Friend requests...Im not sure if they are from here....If they are then could you ALWAYS send a note because its starting to get alittle annoying now....Is there any way to turn them off??or just maby auto reject if there is no note??

xPink.Pixel.Princessx wrote:
I keep getting random Friend requests...Im not sure if they are from here....If they are then could you ALWAYS send a note because its starting to get alittle annoying now....Is there any way to turn them off??or just maby auto reject if there is no note??

i hate this too!!! but you can always press the ignore button on the f/r

Paige<3 wrote:
press the ignore button

There is also a button which says that you want to notify that you don`t know that person
I m not sure what is it about though, I guess this avoids the stranger sending a fr again

Whew! I read this thread and ran to my FB to see who had deleted me! Was relieved to see that no one did! And surprised, too, as I don't know any of you very well at all - just added to trade. Thanks for letting Sasha and me stay in your neighborhoods!

Where all did you visit when you were here last year? Portland is a good place to live - I love all the water and green! Am originally from Arizona. From a mountain area, but still not as green as it is here.

We were pretty much all over the place. I enjoyed myself so much, and was shown around by a couple fo locals. It was great. We did go to Mt. Saint Helen's in Washington, and that was the one thing I really wanted to see. Very surreal.

hehe! just jumping in and leaving but i wanted to say that we all really can OT topics!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Ashamed i like though! Ashamed

There are a lot of things to see. Glad you had such good guides! When we moved here, it took me a long time to get used to driving across all the bridges! I am not from an area with a lot of water, so that was quite frightening to be to be so high up over such large rivers.

BTW, "The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle" - a great video! I laugh every time I see it!

SashaGirl wrote:
There are a lot of things to see. Glad you had such good guides! When we moved here, it took me a long time to get used to driving across all the bridges! I am not from an area with a lot of water, so that was quite frightening to be to be so high up over such large rivers.

BTW, "The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle" - a great video! I laugh every time I see it!

I guess it could be quite a change from Arizona. I grew up in Texas, in Houston to be exact, and it was like a swamp. Then I ended up in Germany where it is dry and not so humid. I guess big moves mean big climatic changes. Smile

I love Danny Kaye movies, and this one is a huge favorite of mine. Smile

That's a huge change - Houston to Germany! Do you like it over there?

Yes, Danny Kaye is great! He's so funny! And that movie is especially good.

I'm working on trimming my list of PS friends—the ones who aren't playing. My list is up over 200 and I don't visit everyone... I start at the top down or bottom up, and lots of times I miss all those friends in the middle!

And most of the time, if someone sends a f/r without an explanation of who they are and why they are f/r ing me, I just don't accept them. Please add notes—it's the polite thing to do, and keeps us from guessing!

SashaGirl wrote:
That's a huge change - Houston to Germany! Do you like it over there?

Yes, Danny Kaye is great! He's so funny! And that movie is especially good.

I love it here. Smile I had to learn German, but there are some things that I would rather see in English... like Bugs Bunny cartoons. Some things just don't work translated. Otherwise it's great.

Did you ever see 'The Inspector General'?

Back on topic, I actually got a bunch FRs, but because they were in conjuction with the birthday celebrations, I did accept them...but I do wish people would write a note, just to let me know. I hate feeling like i have to second guess with this. I always leave a note when I send a FR, even if people know who I am.