Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
myladyyawo

Easter is Around the corner :D How do you Celebrate?

Just curious as Easter is almost here, how will you celebrate it?

On Sunday morning we will be going to church early for a pancake breakfast and then and Easter egg hunt for the kids after service. Then we will be going to my grandparents where my family will get together and do an Easter egg hunt before Easter supper.

that sound amazing, i remember when i was little and used to live in US
we did the egg hunt, here in mexico things are different, we dont have the bunny and egg theme, in stead it is all religious, and its a very strong thing te pasion of christ for us.
so i will be going to church, behave myself lol and spent some quality time with my family

I don`t celebrate it, I just enjoy the holidays and buy chocolates a lot for my sons

My husband hides plastic eggs in the living room and I take a teddy bear and we search for them. Smile We're little kids at heart.

We always watch 'Springtime with Roo' too. congratulations

xPink.Pixel.Princessx wrote:
I dont celebrate easter. We just give eacother easter eggs Laughing .
Iv just been eating one that i sneakly opend the other day when i couldnt find any more chocolate Laughing

Same for me sarah, still need to get the kiddies egg
Think ill go tomorrow congratulations

Ever since I was 10 months old we have been Celebrating Easter with a family camping trip. For all 34 years of my life we have been going to the same park on Good Friday and stay at the same campsite(when I was younger) Cabin since my adult life and are there until the Monday after Easter. We always kick off our Easter Weekend with a huge bonfire complete with Hotdogs, Corn and Marshmellows to roast on the fire. Our Saturday is always filled with Hiking, Fishing and enjoying the many activities that the park offers which always includes an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. Then, before we go to bed Saturday night we all have a blast dying Easter eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide while he is delivering the Easter Baskets. Sunday morning after the kids have found all the hidden eggs and looked through their Easter baskets we head to the outdoor chapel where they have a Special Easter Service and Breakfast. This year I will be sad to miss my PSFC Family for the 4 days I will be gone as there is no internet at the campground...

We normally go to church and have a sunrise service pancake breakfast there.
We have a small easter egg hunt at church and then go to my husband's grandparent's home.

I can't sit at the church or travel that far,but I am doing my best to go to my husband's grandparent's.I promised the kids,no matter how hard it is for me to walk.....I am not missing it.My daughter doesn't hunt eggs lol my son does.(she and I eat the chocolate)

last yr I was way worse than this yr,I missed EVERYTHING,so I crawled in the house and hid 100 filled eggs in just the living room (overkill I know),but we laughed and had fun.

God Bless the friends who shopped for me when I couldn't!

Tiddly Winks wrote:
My husband hides plastic eggs in the living room and I take a teddy bear and we search for them. Smile We're little kids at heart.

We always watch 'Springtime with Roo' too. congratulations

This sounds like great fun...plus I love that movie...with long ears deciding to do a spring clean instead of celebrating Easter...I know all the pooh bear films off by heart lol

Easter for me is strange as I am the only one in my family who is religious, so I normally give thanks in private. I am at my Mums this year so I might try and sneak out to a service and leave my kids with her dont tell Kasi yet though lol

Wow Dawn that sound really nice. i wish i could some day make a trip like that... have agreat time and enjoy your family at your camping trip

I'm not celebrating it as the price for eggs, paint and general easter stuff gone up in the last years, so my family tries to buy a few things for my two younger sister, paint eggs with them and as I'm too old for this anyway I just don't need any of it. Instead I'm trying to save up for a terrarium to keep a few Bombina Orientalis (Oriental Fire Bellied Toad) in it. And of course my empty aquarium will be soon filled again with African Dwarf Frogs. I love frogs.

But for those who do celebrate it: Happy Easter folks! May Jeshue Cottontail, the heavenly easter rabbit grant you tons of sweets. congratulations

I have had to remove you link as it has not been authorised by an admin.
Once your link has been removed, you will be able to re-add it
Falcor forum moderator

dawnbrans wrote:
Ever since I was 10 months old we have been Celebrating Easter with a family camping trip. For all 34 years of my life we have been going to the same park on Good Friday and stay at the same campsite(when I was younger) Cabin since my adult life and are there until the Monday after Easter. We always kick off our Easter Weekend with a huge bonfire complete with Hotdogs, Corn and Marshmellows to roast on the fire. Our Saturday is always filled with Hiking, Fishing and enjoying the many activities that the park offers which always includes an Easter Egg Hunt for the kids. Then, before we go to bed Saturday night we all have a blast dying Easter eggs for the Easter Bunny to hide while he is delivering the Easter Baskets. Sunday morning after the kids have found all the hidden eggs and looked through their Easter baskets we head to the outdoor chapel where they have a Special Easter Service and Breakfast. This year I will be sad to miss my PSFC Family for the 4 days I will be gone as there is no internet at the campground...

Oh my gosh...Id love to do all those things. Im so jelous haha. your 4 days sound so great.
Room for 1 more at yours?? Im coming over to the USA so i can join in all the fun Laughing

leaving today for my village!!!!!!!!!i will celebrate in a traditional way

I will be celebrating Orthodox Easter (This year the same day as Christian Easter) With 2 of my Grandfathers.

whats the difference between orthodox and katholic?????????????? Ashamed
im orthodox too but dont know the difference

I don't know the difference in Easter. But know the difference in Christmas. I celebrate both Easters. I sometimes celebrate Christian Easter with my cousins.

I was born and grew up in Czech Republic and we have some interesting Easter Traditions.
When I was growing up behind "Iron Curtain" religion was not allowed so Easter of my youth was not tied to church or religious celebrations.

Easter Eggs (kraslice)

The hand-painted or otherwise decorated egg (kraslice) is the most recognizable symbol of Czech Easter. Girls decorate Easter eggs to give them to boys on Easter Monday. There are many Easter egg decorating techniques and the more elaborate ones require a certain level of skill. Different materials can be used, such as bee's wax, straw, watercolors, onion peels, picture stickers. There are no limitations to creating pretty, colorful eggs.

Whip (pomlazka)
Young, live willow twigs are thought to bring health and youth to anyone who is whipped with them. An Easter pomlázka (from pomladit or "make younger") is a braided whip made from willow twigs. It has been used for centuries by boys who go caroling on Easter Monday and symbolically whip girls on the legs. In the past, pomlázka was also used by the farmer's wife to whip the livestock and everyone in the household, including men and children. There would be no Czech Easter without the pomlázka.

Boys used to make their own pomlázkas in the past (the more twigs, the more difficult it was to braid one), but this tradition and skill is long gone and pomlázkas can be bought in stores and street stands.

The origin of the pomlázka tradition (pomlázka meaning both the whip and the tradition itself) dates back to pagan times. Its original purpose and symbolic meaning is to chase away illness and bad spirits and to bring health and youth for the rest of the year to everyone who is whipped with the young willow twigs. Boys would whip girls lightly on the legs and bottom. An Easter carol, usually asking for an egg or two, would be recited by the boy while whipping. The girl would then reward the boy with a painted egg or candy and tie a ribbon around his pomlázka. As the boys progressed through the village, their bags filled up with eggs and their pomlázkas were adorned with more and more colorful ribbons.

This tradition is still largely upheld, especially in villages and small towns, although it may have lost its symbolism and romance and is now performed mainly for fun. Some boys and men seem to have forgotten that the whipping is supposed to be only symbolic and girls don't always like that. The reward has also changed - money and shots of plum brandy (slivovice) are often given instead of or in addition to painted eggs and candy. So by early afternoon, groups of happy men can be seen staggering along the roads... All that aside, Easter remains one of the most joyful holidays on the Czech calendar.

Easter food:
Easter Stuffing (exact recipe varies around country) - you must put some green spring herbs in it (many people would use young nettles) that was traditionally served on White Sunday - hot with potatoes or cold with salad.

Beranek - sponge cake in shape of a lamb which would have a red ribbon (and sometimes little bell) tied around it's neck
and Easter Bread (Mazanec) an egg-glazed loaf of bread, is a version of a typical Czech bread, but at Easter it has sliced almonds and raisins in the dough. Its shape is rounded to signify the stone that was rolled away from Christ’s tomb and have a cross cut in top just before it goes in the oven.

Guest Guest
@ bee: wow that is some intense and awesome stuff there o.O

what i do is..

eat and sleep..

LOL everything has been kinda dead here lately which is kinda lame. XD

Of course Sarah!!!! We always have more than enough room for friends

This is such a Great thread!!!! I love reading about all the different ways everyone celebrates

Bee those eggs are absolutely gorgeous!!!! My family and I thought we were pretty creative with our eggs but none of us ever did anything quite as spectacular as yours.

Tiddly you and your Husband sound like an Absolutely Wonderful couple!!!

No matter what you are doing I hope everyone here at PSFC has a Safe and Wonderful Easter Weekend

I think that you can make a holiday wonderful if you just put your mind to it.

Doesn't matter what you have or what you're able to do physically,it's making the best of it.Laughter makes life extra special!

I love this thread too,Dawn!

my family is great! I am just so happy because I know this year is going to be better that last yr and next yr will be even better and the next......I will be ME again! WOOHOOOOO