Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ADVedder

KEEPING / STORAGE / MAINTENANCE OF YOUR PRECIOUS DIE CAST COLLECTION

yea...melaka also got that daiso shop...makan anginkaa CKH? crystal bay is a nice place to go...hahaha

RGSUKAN wrote:
yea...melaka also got that daiso shop...makan anginkaa CKH? crystal bay is a nice place to go...hahaha

For makan and jalan...i prefer the "jonker walk"!!! Maybe can find some rubber tyres there!!!
Opps! sorry!! Spam-spam!!

haha.. ckh.. at daiso also got this transparent casing, which can put basic cars, but not cars that "panjang" like riviera, dragbus, dds...

ADVedder wrote:
haha.. ckh.. at daiso also got this transparent casing, which can put basic cars, but not cars that "panjang" like riviera, dragbus, dds...

Thanks for sharing the info!!!

I found this technique from browsing some action figure stuff. Its a way to hang/ mount carded toys.

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_51800.htm

Definitely can be used for HW carded cars. The strips can be found in most hardware stores. But you might have some luck with furniture stores.

KidrauhlM5 wrote:
Owkey guys.. Here's mine Smile

AWESOMENESS! Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven

Btw i think you should get custom acrylic case especially for your loose display.. dusting 'em gonna be very the painful.

I'm bored 5 in the mornin'. So time for another 'inspiring moment' with ucb lol..

Most playaz here indeed have awesome collection there, but on how playaz here display their stuff, here's my honest take on this, i think i already highlighted this before.

Massive mainline cars hanging on each wall of their room (not refering to you guys pics, those are cool still), they inspire you to hunt for more, until your walls looks 'complete'. But at same time it is possible that these would kill off your interest when one day you wake up and ask yourself "what have i done". It's reality, many i know decided to quit because of this, some even used to paint hotwheels murals on the wall to suit their display. Not saying it isn't a good idea, but it depends on the force with you, and arguably many people here i believe may not find this hotwheels something they would do forever. So what one could do to make this enjoyable as long as they can are things like "what cars i should start collect" and "how do i make the best of my display for long term".

For starters, think of how fast it takes to fill the walls. If you realize one year collection is enough fill one section of the room, what if you collect say 10 more years? You're screwed. So you get the idea, not everything should go on wall. Then, many many collectors here already give ya good example within few months only they already dump most of their random mainlines and go for more specific mainline castings, and then slick rides, drag buses and stuff. The point is not that you need to collect just like them, but in some point you'll definitely gonna move one step ahead from mainlines, and now these higher end stuff have to compete with whatever already on the wall. So it's good that we plan out early how exactly your display would look like, rather than hanging one by one carded hotwheels you just bought.

So my idea on the mainline cars display.. you can either choose to skip the carded on wall part and let the loose cars and more exclusive stuff do the job, and have proper storage instead, but make it easily accessible so you can keep admiring them. Trust me when you start having hundreds, thousands of these cars you'll have no choice. Or be like some playaz here, display them in a row on pegs/rack ala shop style, save more space, some here even pau and brought back home that damn mattel rack. But for more important, 'must show' or whatever mainline cars meaningful for you these are the ones you might want to display in it's glory, along with loose cars etc.

Also, you can still be creative while keeping the same cards on wall spirit.. instead of randomly adding one by one cars til no end, just set only one or two dedicated section of your bedroom walls for these carded cars, and play by two way - specific theme or seasonal theme. Specific is the usual "only Mustangs, only red colored cars, only cars with more metal etc" display, come out with few of it to be less boring. Or seasonal.. hang whatever you find it nice within that period before it got changed to something else. So you keep rotating your display just like in art gallery. Figure out what works for you and have fun displaying!

Hey, thanks UCB Smile

Talking about the custom acrylic case, I might get it since my cars right there are pretty dusty. I just clean it all up on Monday, and today they're all full of dust back. It's kind of frustrated but yeah, no one can get away from dust.

Anyway, thanks for the ''inspiring moment'' tip UCB. Yeah last week, I kind of saying ''What the hell with me hanging all those cars in randomness. Looks like I have cluttered up the wall.'' Indeed that's true, I said that. But I can't do anything since I need to collect more, and let's see which car I have more, how many same model do I have etc. For now, nearly all the cars are in random. Unless if I want to classify it as only muscle cars, supercars, race cars etc. That might work but I just need to find more cars before I can classify them. Wink Owh by the way, I have a very limited wall space in my room. Sad

Thanks again UCB Wink

nice post UCB...
for me i cant bear putting the cars on walls...
with my lil cousins and niece on rampage...
poor lil hotwheels wont last long...
Wink

agreed... tq ucb...
ader org nasihat aku jgn kumpul bnyk sgt casting... nnt cpt boring n x cukup tmpt mau simpan...
skang nie pun tgh kasi clear sikit2 utk fokus 5 casting shj...

matbear82 wrote:
agreed... tq ucb...
ader org nasihat aku jgn kumpul bnyk sgt casting... nnt cpt boring n x cukup tmpt mau simpan...
skang nie pun tgh kasi clear sikit2 utk fokus 5 casting shj...

5 casting? apa 5 castingtu...maybe boleh tolong clearkan selain yang 5tu...hehhee

Yup, agree with UCB. After a while - not even a year, my collection grown tremendously and storage is already an issue. So now I'm only concentrating on most significant castings which suit to my liking (maybe 5-10). Having said that, sometimes the habit of "kiasuness" does rooted in me and this is the challenge - on how to manage that.

My new display, got it at flea market.

damn nice display hokuan!!! is it specifically for 1:64 diecast????

It's very suitable for 1:64 Smile

This week go and buy lo..... Razz

I saw a few there, I bought mine at RM50.

hokuan wrote:
I saw a few there, I bought mine at RM50.

Where did you buy that rack, Amcorp/Ikea?

Thanks sinclair and RG Very Happy

Sahama : Bought is at Amcorp, Lower Ground in front of Giant.

hokuan wrote:
Thanks sinclair and RG Very Happy

Sahama : Bought is at Amcorp, Lower Ground in front of Giant.

I have bought 5 piece of that racks from him which price range from RM 25 to RM70. I am satisfy with the quality usually make of kitar semula (recycle) materials. its suitable for displaying loose cars. For the RM70 rack, its huge with glass window + nails and good for keeping carded hotwheel. I think the price offer by that Pakcik is reasonable and still can bargain. Sunday his at 3rd Floor. Saturday near Giant.

Yup, the price is really reasonable. Usually it would cost about 150 for those rack.

kuih_tiow : still a few available at the stall, go get them!

I've been looking for something like that for quite sometimes. Glad to know that it is available locally. Very neat. Hope there still more and not out of stock...... Thanks Hokuan for this piece of information. Does the stall open on Saturday?

Like sahama said,his store is near Giant(amcorp) there on Saturday.

The seller also mentioned that this is specifically for HW 1/64 cheers

BUMP

what ikea products are recommended for hw display???

Could the dust enter the display case? My mom has a similar one (not built by Ikea) but after a couple of months her 'pinggan-mangkuk and some other stuff' on display are all covered with dusts...

Don't think this glass display is air-tight, certainly dust can enter and settle on your collection. But it is a nice way to show your cars.

If I can find a temporary seal to the spacing on the door, I think it should be a really-really great display...

saw this one b4!! BUT this kinda of display case really a waste in space!! Cant display much ..bcuz the GAP between each space is too big!! Unless u can add up another 4 tier..make it up to eight tier!! That would be great!!

Saw the ikea case at a toy shop in Sutera Mall Skudai JB, arranged six case in a row to display all sort of toys and figurines.

Bought this case today. Previously at more than $20+ bucks, today grabbed it at $9.90. Stores 26 cars. Great design and will look awesome in the glass display case along with your cars.

Pictures below with DB to show scale. The Hot Wheels logo is the handle to carry the case.

DB can fit in but only in that 1 slot. The top one is a bit tight and the others are too small, probably ideal only for cars about skyline size and smaller for the corners. Still, a nice show-piece and I think worth getting at that price.

sinclair wrote:
Bought this case today. Previously at more than $20+ bucks, today grabbed it at $9.90. Stores 26 cars. Great design and will look awesome in the glass display case along with your cars.

Where you get them @ $9.90? I want to ask me mate to grab a couple when he comes back.