Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sinclair

Sinclair's first custom

With so many people showing their custom cars, I thought I would give it a go too.

Had a few run-down supers to choose.

For a first go, didn't want to try anything too ambitious.

Decided that will just give this 16 Angels a new paintjob.

Whew, drilling out the rivet was hard work! Maybe I was using too small a bit. When changed to a bigger one, the job went faster. Good thing this car only has 1 rivet.

With the rivet out, can take apart the car.

Sorry, but no pictures of taking off the paint and the spraying. I chose chrome as the color.

Did not put any primer, just 2 coats of paint. But I think I was not generous enough on the paint. And there was some dirt bits stuck to the paint. Will need to sand out those dirt bits and give another coat plus followed by a clear coat probably for a better shine and protection of the chrome.

Same for the rims, not enough paint I think.

Anyway, just put the car back together again to see how it would look.

I wonder if chrome is a suitable color now. The engine bits, which are also in chrome don't stand out any longer. I forgot to mention that the internal chrome engine part (which is plastic) is also spotty, and I would probably need to re-spray it.

So, should I :

a. Change the color of the car body and maintain the chrome internal plastic part? or

b. Maintain the chrome color body and re-spray the engine part to black or any other color?

Plus, I was also thinking of what tampos to put.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Ooops, looks like many of you like the chrome. But I sanded out the dirt birts and re-sprayed maroon...

Maroon coz that's the only other color I have at the moment, hehe.

Guess it is not very striking, a mettalic paint would have been better. But the engine is now more highlighted.

wow... nice work there boss... i like to chrome one too... looks like came straight from the mattel factory... Smile
the maroon also lookin good...

Wow, really interesting, i am also thinking about do some custom job, but just lazy to start! Embarassed