Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ferraririzer

WHAT CARS TO COLLECT???

Hi everyone!!! I'm new here, not even one day old yet...hehe...i wanna know what cars are valuable to collect...what cars are rare??? how do we know a rare car when we see one????

Collect what you like Smile Hmm, rare is when the car is not always available on rack.

firstly n the most inportant is Treaure Huntss$$.......Most collectors hunts for T-Hunt or full name Treasure Hunt.T-Hunt is
divided into two versions,the Regular n Super(T-hunt$).Regular is same
as other cars,but,the Super is the one that everyone will be craving
for each time they go hunting(deliberately go out to search for
Hotwheels).Its easy to differentiate the regular n super T-hunt.A
T-hunt$ have a Spectraflame Paint,Premium Rubber Tyres from Hot Wheels
and a dollar sign($) on the card.So,If u saw one of these,grab it.You
will never regret....or u can just collect the ones u like

collect all! (if you got money la). if not, just collect what u like.
fyi, i'm a big fan of civics but still collect others.
looking at ur nick, perhaps ferrari should be included. right?

collect what you like.. those that are limited in number are always rare.. so you have too constantly be on the lookout.. =]

like what heytang's said...
if its heavy....pick it up...
hehe
Wink
mostly collect what models do u like...
if u have extra money like bro addrick said...
collect all...but maybe u shud collect First Editions too...
got an advice from a good friend here...
hehe

yea... for me, collect what your heart desire... because collecting diecast for me requires passion.. try collecting First Editions models, if you like.. or be a green card hunters or go crazy collect them all (which will make you broke!).. or be a smart collector, which you will learn along the way.. locally or through ebay, its up to you to decide... happy collecting! Cool

I think answers like these will make playaz like my homie netmatrix look at us one kind hehe..

Okay, no doubt large part of HWCM people here are into sort of 'valuable' cars, especially them 'greens'.. we hoard, we buy duplicates, etc. But truth is, while the way lots of collectors here seem to do is pretty arguable, actually that's not what collecting hotwheels is all about, and certainly we doesn't want it to be the only thing HWCM is known for. These greens and other hoarding things maybe i'll share my views more bout it some other time. So back to what thread starter originally asked, since you're very new in this i think the question should be just "what should i collect" not "what is 'valuable' to collect", not because collecting valuable stuff is wrong but it's pretty subjective, and if you interpret this line wrongly pretty easy for all sorts of speculations and accusations to come out soon.

Like me, as most of you all know my collections are mainly t-hunts, yeah those greens people been talking about. How i started this collection is accidental actually, no idea how controversial this green thingy is.. but since i'm a completist, i like to collect stuff within a range cause they look great when you get to complete and display altogether, and knowing they're indeed 'rare' is just additional point to it. Of course it's natural for someone to be proud of their rare belongings, and likely these stuff would fetch high value in the market. Mattel is smart enough to recognize this which is why they been 'fooling us' by releasing these hunts and other short run cars out there. So yes, it's valuable if that's what you gonna call it, but if people only see it through 'reselling value' perspective personally i felt this isn't how it should be, it would offend those 'passionate, genuine collectors' out there (another subjective thing, cause i just don't know who deserves such title anyway), and would get even uglier when two parties start to flame each other over stuff appeared to be scalped. Unfortunately HWCM too is taking the bullets for these kind of issues.. definitely wish i could change these negative perceptions. But nvm we'll take our time.

So "what should i collect"? Pretty simple.. what you really into. If you still can't figure out, as you could see members here do, you could build your collection in many different style! You could go for type of cars (concept cars, muscle cars, japanese, etc), or specific company (Ferrari, VW, etc), or specific model (Dairy Delivery, Purple Passion, etc), or sidelining mainline basic cars and go for whatever 'higher end' of hotwheels product (you'll be spending alot on ebay), or simply buy any model with same color (black, red, chrome etc), or error cars (factory defects), or.. whatever category you wanna create on your own (cars with flame tampos, heavy cars, etc) . As long as they fit in same range they'll definitely look great when you display them. You can have variety of collections but trust me narrower specs will always do the trick. I've seen countless of energetic new collector hauling madly here and there, and eventually clearing more than half of it (that's still alright, but some too burned out they just quit hotwheels altogether). So go have soul searching, do some spiritual meditations and figure out what's best, and possible within ya wallet thickness! You may want to try t-hunts too, but don't blame us when you failed and then point the finger at us separuh mati hunters! Wink

haha! nicely jotted down mr undercoverbrothah! dont blame those green hunters! they work hard for what it! Cool

First of all
Collect what you like
cuz it's your collection
if your certain likings
such as
me
i only collect real cars
and thunt's

and

if you already have a collection following a certain
type go on with it

if you have extra $$$

you can collect recolours
of the same cars

or you can follow other collector's trend

such as our Friend Addrick

self proclaimed(juz kiddin)

Civic Maniac

who has a special interest for civics

hope this can clear your confusion

Raymond wrote:

or you can follow other collector's trend such as our Friend Addrick self proclaimed(juz kiddin) Civic Maniac who has a special interest for civics hope this can clear your confusion

jahat la Raymond ni, hahaha!
perhaps can collect error cars also, lagi susah mau jumpe. Smile

[quote=
jahat la Raymond ni, hahaha!
perhaps can collect error cars also, lagi susah mau jumpe. Smile[/quote]

No heart feelings la bro

yeah...
ferraris are the best...
dun forget the vws tooo...
beetle also nice what~
Wink

Buy what you like, that's all i have to say.

Beware of possible hypes and avoid impulse buys (an expensive and regretful habit I'm suffering)

For me, realistic and authentic looking big-engine 60s/70s muscle cars, trucks and low riders look fantastic even in display. They NEVER go out of style and will ALWAYS be cool.

You like Ferraris too? There are MANY Ferraristis here, ask around, they'll be happy to guide you along Smile

First, be clear with yourself why you are collecting the HW cars.

im searcing for bugati veyron..really hard to get one..huhu

@acau: the bugatti had been in the mystery car line together with the hotbox promotion last time...quite hard to find~
Wink

Yo homie undercoverbrother! Err.... i didn't know me got a homie friend. hahaha. No lar just joking.

Hey ferraririzer, if you collect ferraris, you will have a hard time finding red color basic cars. Red FXX, red GTO, Red 599, red this and that la.

My scope of collecting is Muscle Cars. Means cars that exist in USA from 1950-70. I'm not much into Hot Rods and modern supercars. And not into collecting Ferrari from the regular basic cars range, because i face direct head to head competetition from hoarders. The ferraris i have and would concentrate on will be the Racer series. They cost from RM9.99 to RM14.90 from time to time. They are easier to get due to the high price. (Obvious reasons!)

Also one very good advise i can tell you is set aside RM100 for a ferrari model book. But a book that shows almost every model of Ferrari from old to new. Just one book is enough. But you have to be careful to select a book that covers details, history and specs. Some books like this cost as low as RM25 to RM200 for big sized anniversary ones. The reason why i asked you to get this Ferrari book is simple. You won't just collect the Ferrari cars for looks anymore. And you will learn to appreciate the history of these cars. As i am doing it for my muscle collection. If you are starting now, you can look for the 250 GTO. Its still available off the rack, but its very limited and quite hard to find now.

But if you are doing it for money, then i have probably given good advise away.

collect what your heart say so.......... n oso your agung in the wallet

lol yush...
agung in the wallet haha
ferraririzer...u can start off dollceting the ferrari racer like netmatrix said...
little competition on that...
plus the detailing is also nicer~
Wink

i got 1 idea .... we start a competition lah on who can collect the most dragtor .... sure can help mattel clear stuff .... rikmun can start 1 on collecting blimp ...

enyomic wrote:
i got 1 idea .... we start a competition lah on who can collect the most dragtor .... sure can help mattel clear stuff .... rikmun can start 1 on collecting blimp ...

Errr........may i know how is Dragtor look like?? Shocked

Dragtor? It is like a tractor. I'm sure you have seen tons of it on the rack.

sinclair wrote:
Dragtor? It is like a tractor. I'm sure you have seen tons of it on the rack.

Oh i see,ha ha ha! Ya, it seem quite a lot on those racks at every where.

zint3000 wrote:
@acau: the bugatti had been in the mystery car line together with the hotbox promotion last time...quite hard to find~
Wink

Try Amcorp flea market on a Sunday, it's still available loose at RM 10.00 per pc at some of the stalls, Be quick, stocks fast depleting.

hehe thanks for the info bro redkop...
i wish im at peninsular...
Wink