Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fadli85

1 Malaysia F1 Team.......2010?

Heard in the news earlier, Prime Minister Najib announce that we will be having our own F1 Team, with SIC engineering the car, complete built in-house, don't know what engine, and our very own Pit Crew team, consists of Malaysians....! Drivers are to be announced next month?(October).

What do you guys think? Last time Alex-Yoong didn't work out (but did really well in Asian arena) BMW-Sauber Petronas is no more....

Yeah2, him too (I guess all that money saved from running his airline has a reason after all), and among others top sponsor, man really a big challenge if you ask me....

Oh and makes me wonder, what ever happen to our own Malaysian A1 GP team?

Having a F1 team requires a lot of funding.

Wonder how long they can tahan? Even BMW cannot tahan.

sinclair wrote:
Having a F1 team requires a lot of funding.

Wonder how long they can tahan? Even BMW cannot tahan.

waste of money.. Malaysian money..

so many F1 company cant effort high funding on this sport..

Honda, BMW, Mech, they also slowing down.. and near to stop..

better fund Rally team, we got Karamjit Singh, he also complained about lack of sponsorship for him to compete in Europe..

I wonder why did the Malaysian gov wanna get involve in this sport? What good will it bring? Should hav use the money to do something better. Else it's gonna be like our own 'astroNut' programme.

Proton alone won't survive F1, hence, the need to recruit a consortiums of investors including M'sian gov. But what pride will it bring to the M'sian gov by getting involve in F1?

IMHO, they shouldn't mix politics + sports. Not everything have to be 'Buatan Malaysia'. I hope the team will survive F1 but w/o the help of M'sian gov for too long.

as malaysian citizen, i'll be proud if our Malaysia having our own F1 team but its not a right time now to have them, plus this period of economic downturn its not a good decision..

If they are really serious, they should be prepared to bear the cost for at least 5 seasons to establish the team. And employ experts in the team and get good drivers.

Look at Toyota, even with their expertise and backing, they are still finding it difficult to establish themselves after so many years in F1.

Look at Honda team. The co. has been successfully involved in motorsports arena with for more than 15yrs as engine supplier to numerous F1 teams i.e. McLaren, Jordan, BAR, etc.. and finally Honda F1..

On the otherhand, it's nice to hear that F1 will be having 26 racers (possibly 28 if some dude managed to bought over BMW) and Lotus in coming back.

^agree with you sinclair...but the dicision have been made and i think they will stuggle doing their best to be a world champion..i hope...

People have no say, its Najibs way or the Highway!

We can come up with hundreds of valid reasons. Yet it only takes one thick brained individual to spoil it. So those who thought us when we were kids that unity in work gets the job done isn't right after all.

So you should raise your kids as singular minded individuals that is ready to overthrow leadership to be heard. What more unity from society if there is none to be achieved in the first place?

as a Malaysian, i'm very proud of our very own Malaysian F1 team but to be realistic, i'm very doubtful wether they can withstand the real competition in F1 world. But all i can say is wish them good luck!!

saw this on papers today.. looks like many companies funding it, like proton, lotus, airasia, etc etc.. but, i dont think our 1malaysia f1 team could last longer than 2-3 season.. like kl-minardi team..

when i was about to join mercedes benz they asked me one question.
'what is your ambition and why mercedes benz'

the answer had something to do with the mercedes benz F1 team.
so ... maybe 1malaysia team is a ticket for people like me into F1!!!

watch out guys! future 1Malaysia F1 team boss is DEMONICLE~!

lol...
its not wrong to have dreams.

jhc7598 wrote:
saw this on papers today.. looks like many companies funding it, like proton, lotus, airasia, etc etc.. but, i dont think our 1malaysia f1 team could last longer than 2-3 season.. like kl-minardi team..

U means the Go KL program that funded Alex Yoong's seat in the Minardi team in 2001-2002? It supposed to help in promoting Malaysia with tourism programs such as Visit Malaysia.. It only survived 1 season..then Alex lost the seat to Anthony Davidson when Magnum Bhd pulled out too..

We'll see how, have to make top ten standing at least a season, even so that would be very hard to realize......

It apparently could cost the Malaysia Tax Payer RM1 billion per year to operate the team.... And if I know my local authorities.... It WILL cost a bollox load more.

Let me put it to you this way. If BMW & Honda have pulled out due to it being too expensive and not enough results to justify entry, I don't see the logic of "Team F1 Malaysia" entering the fray. Seems like a great way for laundering for the corruption that is allegedly rampant here.

Let me put it in another way. Proton can't even build a proper road car, what makes them think they have the expertise to build a technological marvel like Ferrari, Macca and Renault. If anyone says Lotus has the experience, it has been at least 15 years since Lotus involved itself in F1 and if you look at it this way, it has been 10 years since Lotus (under Malaysian ownership), has built an original production car.

I don't see what Lotus will be doing since the engines that will be used in the "Proton Lotus F1 Team Malaysia" will be using Cosworth engines.

Seems like our Government has found an alternitive way of wasting taxpayer money. There's lot's of better ways to spend that money for improvements within this country.

Sorry for the rant... But that's the way I feel.

Cheers.

You guys forgot, we're in Boleh Land.... Malaysia Boleh.....! Anything also boleh......!