Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atomkinder

HOTWHEELS SECRET DEALINGS CAUGHT ON VIDEO

demonicle wrote:
did u know, a guy went to TRU recently asking to see the new stock. when they brought out the stock there was no hunt inside but there were 72 cars in the box. he called up the staff and accused them of reserving the hunts for someone else(so this guy is supposedly the good guy la). the staff denied and the store manager was called up.

the store manager again stressed that they received the case that way. with no hunts inside(those who actually take the time to study case assortments shud know that these dead cases actually are $uper cases that may or maynot come with a $uper depending on what color underwear u are wearing on that day).
so unsatisfied this "good guy" demanded to see the guy who delivers the stock. so the during the nex delivery this guy confronted the mattel distributor and accused the guy of taking all the hunts before he delivers them. the good guy then proceeded to lodge a complaint against this staff and got the staff into a whole lot of trouble.

then... i got a call from mattel....

the staff accused the club of causing all this...
i cud only accept what has happened and ensured i wud try to prevent such incidents from happening again.

so to me... there are much bigger things than thunt scalpers.. and giving phone numbers to me is jus a small part of the game.

There you go guys, do you see how complicated hotwheels politics can get to? And why i had to keep writing essays for you guys, cause there's things that just can't be sum up in shorter words.. and it's so easy to pin everything on the club. Yeah, the club.

In the scenario you said above, the person had the choice to make in whether to give his phone number or not. He can always said no. It's his choice to make. If he said yes, then the other collectors who hunt there will have hard times on getting good cars (not to mention T-hunt). Yes, you can always say why don't you approach the staff and ask politely to have your phone number put on the list? So, that you'll have equal rights to haul the cars. But if I put my phone numbers on all the stores that'll restock Hot Wheels, what had happened here? Is this good or bad? So, I just sit around and wait for phone calls while other not-so-fortunate collector hunt around and get nothing. When there is restock, I will be among the first to know and will be able to grab all those nice cars. And those not-so-fortunate collector comes and get leftovers because they don't have the same privilege. This is the scenario that I want to prevent. Let the hunting be fair.

In the end, I have to ask you guys this:
Is giving the store your phone number so that they'll call you whenever hot wheels stock comes in. Is this a "yes" or "no"?

It's a NO for me. What's your take on this?

its a yes for me.
cuz then i can go and sapu all the DDs and sell them at retail at the gathering

it also cud be a yes for me
cuz then i can get all the DDs and scalp them to others!

so.. for me is not yes or no.
it depends on what type of 'yes'

dear whom may concern, aiyo, yet fin with "yes" or "no" thing? life moves on, bro
it is the same as asking "Define fair hunting tactics" or "Define bad hunting tactics"...neverending bro...still, individual preference la.
unless, there is regulation on what we can do or we cannot do BUT, still it won't end la, even human made regulation also have loop holes.
cheers, bro, think positive and b happy in collecting HW yo.

demonicle wrote:

imagine this. i used to go to giant USJ everyday.

EVERYDAY!

If you go everyday just to haul Hot Wheels, that showed that hot wheels is more important than sugar already.

OK. I get the point. So, from now on I'll just goyang kaki wait for phone calls. Yippeee!!!

solid snake wrote:
demonicle wrote:

imagine this. i used to go to giant USJ everyday.

EVERYDAY!

If you go everyday just to haul Hot Wheels, that showed that hot wheels is more important than sugar already.

OK. I get the point. So, from now on I'll just goyang kaki wait for phone calls. Yippeee!!!

true.

but then its cuz its on the way home only

Ahhh... at least i can only get angry at them and post anger here at HWC and not counter attack with even dirtier tactics. hahaha.

While you all are discussing thism Py scored big time in another state Smile kakaka......My head is whirling from all this deep discussions, its freaking insane but A much needed discussion nonetheless. Smile

To Solid snake, I remain invisible, so no one has my phone number in the outlets, and if Someone knows when is the restocks from staff and goes there before me everytime, then I just hunt elsewhere, but you see I live in KL and you live in KK which have limited places to hunt. Maybe I should send more cars to KK. Smile

I wonder why ppl in East Malaysia alwayz complain???? When ever im in East Malaysia especially in Miri,Kuching, Tawau ,KK there is alwayz GOLD there to score...

Miri is the place where i get most of my collection from... regardless THUNT, Hot Cars and many more....

Manage to score VW Fastback even in KK a few months back.. Sanlino knows abt this... so does this mean I have Insider there and I fly all the way to East Malaysia each time i receive a call???

SolidSnake you may wanna complain all you can end of the day... if you just gonna keep on complaining and dont really put in effort then you will go no where dude.... Like whats demon said.. leaving phone number is nuthing wrong coz end of the day the stocks are still gonna be up on the pegs... not they are keeping it in the box or store till the person arrive then only the stocks are on the pegs.... and also it dosent mean if collector received a call he can go to the location there and then....

Its all aby time and luck factor... I do receive sms and call from a few location... but most of the time when you arrive at the location you will meet up with a few HWCMers which in a way becomes fun....

Ive also received call's from HWCmers who so happen arrive at places where the stock are newly put up on the pegs..... and if you cant make it there can alwayz ask yr buddies to get the cars for you...

SolidSnake rather then complaining.... we have a big family here in HWCM.... why dont you ask for help from other members who are in West Malaysia to get the cars for you since its not all cars are available in East Malaysia... Im sure you only need 1 pc of each models....which is not very hard for us here to help you out. Unless you need them in multiples then i do wonder y???

Im sorry if its harsh towards you SolidSnake .... but what i think there is alwayz a way to get yr collection up and running its all abt PR skills and asking for help from others... in no time you will get the cars you need... and since this is not something major in your life.... take it easy dude...

as i said early ,it;s a collection hobby, sure collectors will get greedy sometimes, either u work hard or work the easy way or u get nothing if u lazy....
same if u drop by TT regular, u also can get at retail price fr collector ,sometimes hot one, might be a bit higher price for sale too but also depend on yourself, u think it's worth your time searching aorund for it or you wana pay higher a bit,it's up mto you....
if complaint also can't help la....
jst have fun as a collector.........

It's easy to know why there are always complaints. Take this for example:
Gay Marriage legalize, who will support? Those who sell wedding dress of course, because they want to sell their stuff.
Prostitution legalization, who will support? Prostitutes themselves, because they need to do business. Who will go against? Those guys whose wife/girl that want to be prostitute of course.
There are many more examples, but it will come down to one thing, people do things for their own benefits, and complaints are meant to benefits ourselves.
We're all the same here. Peace

wallawey come on la guys. welcome to the real world!!!. To be in front these days u gotta work smart. And it doesnt stop at hotwheels only .... getting into uni, getting a job, gettting projects.... etc.

Having insider, leaving ur contact no. or what ever is working smart la. life aint fair so deal wit it. Lets be honest who dont want or like having the advantage? i sure would like it. those who don't will normally complain... boo hoo.. step up to the plate.

the world is a friggin jungle aiit.. u wanna be the wimpy pathetic cutesie deer be my guest .. i'd rather be the ass whoopin neck slicin meat eatin lion ... hear me roar ..... meoowwww

hassan wrote:
wallawey come on la guys. welcome to the real world!!!. To be in front these days u gotta work smart. And it doesnt stop at hotwheels only .... getting into uni, getting a job, gettting projects.... etc.

Having insider, leaving ur contact no. or what ever is working smart la. life aint fair so deal wit it. Lets be honest who dont want or like having the advantage? i sure would like it. those who don't will normally complain... boo hoo.. step up to the plate.

the world is a friggin jungle aiit.. u wanna be the wimpy pathetic cutesie deer be my guest .. i'd rather be the ass whoopin neck slicin meat eatin lion ... hear me roar ..... meoowwww

Totally agree with you... work SMART is the trend now..... lets go out there and Slay need more fresh meat ... i mean FRESH meat.... Twisted Evil

anyways... u got insider ka .. wahteva ka... just remember that what goes around comes around ... u do good wit wat u got then good will come to u .... thats karma... u dont believe in karma? ... watch the amazing race... nuff said..... whoopassssss...

hoho.. work smart is the way to go.. up to you how u define work smart.. me, because of my work, i have HWCM frens to thanks to, and they have helped me getting me some cars that vhtf.. HWCM for me served its purpose, when collectors helped each other..

i'm with solid snake on this one. no matter what is the reason, get your lazy ass go hunting rather than just waiting for call or sms!

so for those of you that leave your phone number with the department store, why don't you do everybody a favour list down which store you leave the contact so that i don't waste my time and energy go there hunting. and i'm serious, if you really have contact, do list it down here.

i'm really disgusted to see ppl that get his haul through contact, then PRETENDED to be hauling from the rack and through hardwork. you RAOK ppl with those reg car that you get from contact, getting praises here and there, but do you think you deserve the praise? will you RAOK the TH$ that you get from your contact?

sorry i just have to get this rid of my chest.

pydrumerboy wrote:
While you all are discussing thism Py scored big time in another state Smile kakaka......My head is whirling from all this deep discussions, its freaking insane but A much needed discussion nonetheless. Smile

To Solid snake, I remain invisible, so no one has my phone number in the outlets, and if Someone knows when is the restocks from staff and goes there before me everytime, then I just hunt elsewhere, but you see I live in KL and you live in KK which have limited places to hunt. Maybe I should send more cars to KK. Smile

I'm with pydrummerboy.

All in all, Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven to this thread. We got playaz who are against it, or totally cool with it, or few of us who would try to seek middle path on this. That shows the maturity of this small community who can bring their own point of view without having to write in capital letter. Wink

kukubeh wrote:
i'm with solid snake on this one. no matter what is the reason, get your lazy ass go hunting rather than just waiting for call or sms!

so for those of you that leave your phone number with the department store, why don't you do everybody a favour list down which store you leave the contact so that i don't waste my time and energy go there hunting. and i'm serious, if you really have contact, do list it down here.

i'm really disgusted to see ppl that get his haul through contact, then PRETENDED to be hauling from the rack and through hardwork. you RAOK ppl with those reg car that you get from contact, getting praises here and there, but do you think you deserve the praise? will you RAOK the TH$ that you get from your contact?

sorry i just have to get this rid of my chest.

ok here's the USJ stores that i know has contacts. (not mine but fellow collectors)
-c4 subang jaya
-TRU subang parade
-parkson subang parade
-mph subang parade
-giant summit
-giant USJ
-jusco sunway pyramid
-parkson sunway pyramid

so u guys don't have to go these places anymore since they all have their list of contacts.
but STILL cham2020 all the way from kota tinggi managed to score a $uper packard at one of those places.
a $uper qombee was scored at giant USJ recently as well.
a reg Drift king was found 2 weeks ago at TRU.
also a FE VW fastback

so?
want me to mention all the places in midvalley that has the contact list too?

Well so far my method is really working for me. And lastly, if one day lets say that py can no longer get the cars he wants by conventional and old fashion method, by that I mean hunting methodically and faithfully, then py will just drop hotwheels, and focus on making more babies and raising my family. Smile What I mean is hotwheels is just a hobby and I love it but I am not gonna continue if I cannot get it the only way I allow myself to get it. Smile

demonicle wrote:

ok here's the USJ stores that i know has contacts. (not mine but fellow collectors)
-c4 subang jaya
-TRU subang parade
-parkson subang parade
-mph subang parade
-giant summit
-giant USJ
-jusco sunway pyramid
-parkson sunway pyramid

so u guys don't have to go these places anymore since they all have their list of contacts.
but STILL cham2020 all the way from kota tinggi managed to score a $uper packard at one of those places.
a $uper qombee was scored at giant USJ recently as well.
a reg Drift king was found 2 weeks ago at TRU.
also a FE VW fastback

so?
want me to mention all the places in midvalley that has the contact list too?

aiyah.. no wonder la I never see any Th there.. choy... I go 7e better la..
go hunting la shiok.. You will never know what you might get... as for me, last week hunting 7e a bit, managed to get 6 $uper CP, 7 regular cp, a mustang and 2 FE.. shiok man..
and then trade with other members.. For me, good will hunting is better...

mushr00m, the message is actually that regardless how "those tactics" are utilized, still, hardwork and luck paid off finally (not to mention help from member, certain pointers, "6th sense", etc.).

pydrumerboy wrote:
Yes I also join and shiok together Smile....Kudos mushroom.

Thanks Master...
The feeling of not knowing what you might get at the hunting places makes it more sweet...

why dont we go all the way.

c4 sri petaling
c4 ampang
c4 klang
giant shah alam
jusco bukit tinggi
jusco bukit raja
jusco equine
jusco midvalley
jusco 1U
c4 midvalley
TRU KLCC
TRU 1U

hmmmm
where else... these are all places where ppl have contacts there. so if u've scored there before and u aren't one of the ppl who have contacts there pls speak up.

i've scored at
c4 klang
jusco bikit tinggi
jusco 1U
c4 midvalley.

and im not the one with contacts there

demonicle wrote:
why dont we go all the way.

c4 sri petaling
c4 ampang
c4 klang
giant shah alam
jusco bukit tinggi
jusco bukit raja
jusco equine
jusco midvalley
jusco 1U
c4 midvalley
TRU KLCC
TRU 1U

hmmmm
where else... these are all places where ppl have contacts there. so if u've scored there before and u aren't one of the ppl who have contacts there pls speak up.

i've scored at
c4 klang
jusco bikit tinggi
jusco 1U
c4 midvalley.

and im not the one with contacts there

wah lau weih.. all these places got insider leh... ahahaha
But how come my gf managed to score 2 $super @ Jusco 1U?
probably insider forgot to put aside or probably on leave..

I think some of these places have informer not insider insider. Insider sometimes mean somebody that keeps all the greens and chase cars and wait until you come to pick it up, But informers are people from what I gather will call or sms you when the stock arrive but they will still put the cars on the racks....so thats why you scored(or your gf scored)

jusco taman unversiti (confirm got insider)
but i scored : super buick riveria, super plymouth roadrunner, 55 chevy, bad bagger

hokuan scored: 2 super buick riveria, 1 classic pakard, 1 woody, 1
super plymouth roadrunner..( should be more)

my list is 'informer' not insider. altho some are insiders.

but yet i know ppl who are totall outsiders from the insider who can still score inside the place where the insider keeps stuff for other outsiders

my point here mentioning to u guys is.. we cannot run away from it.
no way can we control how ppl hunt.
so the only way is to have faith(as in what pydrummer says) and continue hunting(even knowing very well that place has an insider)

so stop whining and start hunting

jst to share with u guys. during my earliest time in hunting (Oct'09 i guessed) the so-called informer/or maybe an insider instead (twice i encountered this at a Giant and a 7E) did ask me for phone number when seeing me belek-belek the items there. i jst gave la cos they said wil contact me if new stock arrived. but, so far, no phone call/sms to me la, LOL!!! mayb i didn't give them any "special payment" in advance la, hahaha.
but, they didn't ask also. even if they asked, they wun get a penny fr me la, hahaha.
still, i believe in hardwork and luck as well as member co-operation for pointer yo.

i walked in to a 7E at 2am in the morning. they said no stock.
they asked me to leave my number.
i left it and went home to sleep.
7am i got a call
'bang, hot wheels baru sampai'
so i went to the 7E and he didn't ask me for any money or anything.

now... a year later. i walked into a 7e. the guy jus asked me. cari hot wheels kah? i said ya.

and he asked his junior to go get it for me.

it was the same guy i left my contact number wit. but now he's a store manager at a diff store! 1 year on and he still remembers me!
he lost my number tho. i didn't give it to him again.

but still. he never asked for any money neither did i offer.

Lets put it simple...

Every Where there is an Informer i guess... but regardless of what you can still score if you are the right place on right time with lady luck on yr side.

I really HATE ppl here who talks like he has never need information or leads from fellow forumer and been hunting all by himself all this while and been scoring.

Lets take an simple example... Speed machine... how many of us received call or SMS from other forumer the day it was spotted on the rack??? Some of you went straight away after receiving the INFORMATION and then only manage to score the Speed Machine models wanted.

Since you talk abt working your ASS out why dont you tell every1 here please dont inform or sms you any information in regards to latest release or new founds... just do it you own conventional way of going and hunting.

If its a HWCMers who called or SMS in regards of stock its called information or leads.... but the same FREAKING thing is done by STAFF / Promoter then its call INSIDER JOB or Priority Customer etc.... What the hell??

Why there must be double Standard in a definition?

stop being Hypocrite n pretender... you know who you are.

Place Known With Insider / Informer (Whatever you guys wanna call it)

Parkson Kajang
Parkson OUG
Isetan KLCC
Parkson KLCC
Jusco Cheras Selatan
Parkson Alamanda
Robinson MV
Giant Sec 13 Shah Alam
Giant Kinrara
Giant Puchong
Giant Batu Caves
Giant Cheras

And list will go on..... But nevertheless some of you guys including me still manage to score TH and also Hot Models there...

So Lets get over it... stop complaining.... Work Smart , Creative , innovative and be a People's pupil

I used to have 'insider' in Jusco Sunway Pyramid. Err.. okay. Let's take a walk down memory lane..

Whenever college break, i spent most of my time in Sunway Pyramid. So on almost daily basis i'll be chilling out somewhere in Pyramid. That means Jusco too. And it seems most of the time it restocks i never get to see any greens. Well, i get the idea, it's not that it's the first time i'm exposed to these insider stories. And one day this one innocent Jusco dude who been noticing me approached me and shared to me, that although it's not him responsible for it, he understands the hw goodies always happen to get snatched fast. Now I have the option, whether to i) 'basuh' him for the bad that his colleague has done, or ii) using him to overtake that 'regular' customer. In other words just replacing one dirty playa with another playa. I did neither. Don't need to be me, pretty sure many other collectors yang 'pasrah' will help get the job done (complain to management, etc). I just chilled. Nevertheless this dude willing to take my number and offered to help me anything he could. And i have the option again, whether to stick to that ideals of hunting or just give. Since it makes no difference (you guys are still screwed anyway) i did the latter.

Wow, i have insider now. One territory secured! Is it? The truth is, i never really benefit anything from this. I get updates from him on many occasions but not a single one i get to grab any greenies by the time i arrive. Perhaps undercover is one stupid dude for not teaching him to look for 'hijau kat tepi'. No, actually it's not his obligation at first place to make sure undercover get the first peek, and most of the time he only inform when he perasan there's something new (please take note - one insider doesn't work monday to sunday). But i did scored one while he's around, 2 reg Buick, and that also not from his pointer, but another fellow playa who just scored reg Buick there too (you see, he didn't take all, who said all collectors are bad). But hey, he scored? What happened to that 'regular customer'? The plot thickens now..

Then i get to know demonicle, he confirms whatever suspicion about this Jusco as he himself has encountered this insider who's behind all this. And the deeper truth you dig, you realize he's not a villain as he's portrayed to be. I mean, say you're one normal dude working in toy dept and someone ask for something, of course in his mind he as store worker got to assist the customer. So yes, the blame should go to that collector who 'corrupted' him at first place. But then what about other playa who scored there too, oh wait, not just him, i found out another playa scored super Evil Twin there before. And it doesn't end there, even my homie elgee (who we can describe that time the hw virgin) too scored hunts there. What kind of insider is this?

I get headaches trying to figure it out, just can't put puzzle in place. Until i realized something, it's we ourselves who find things complicated.. things aren't always as negative as what we thought it be. Even in worst places, right time, right place, you can't go wrong. Don't give flying F that store has insider, informer and whatnot. But of course there are serious cases you have to resort to something like making complaints, and all. But please, make sure you know what you're doing. Don't do something like telling it's a 'club' fault when you can't even tell the dead cases.

On the surface it's pretty easy to politicize things.. when i say politicize i mean picking others name that don't click with ya. Catch elgee holding the hunts.. it must be him all along. Undercover admits he got Jusco contact, he must be shaking his legs waiting for calls. Demonicle knows that insider, so Demonicle is THE ONE lah. You guys will never know how many time we facepalmed over these..

And btw that Jusco dude is one of nicest 'insider' i get to know. You don't need to get any hunts in return to make a friend. He eventually moved to other state, but still gave me farewell sms telling me he may not be able to help anymore. Like demonicle said, staff are human too. Engage them, you can choose to do what you think is right by not giving number (in fact if i have the choice would prefer this too), asking to reserve and all, but looking down at everyone else as bad person in your book may not be the best thing. Except those playa-hater insiders of course.

List of stores

We've seen it all.. if you find it necessary to list every stores that 'got insider' here, we can definitely bet 7E is your last place to hunt. Wait, even 7E i heard 'some people' are ruining it, perhaps you should consider again this t-hunt collecting thingy. Unless you're willing to draw the line then the list can be cut down greatly, and we can focus on real stores out there deemed to be black zone for collectors.

Pretender

These people who use insiders to hoard and then claim they did it through hardworks are definitely the pretenders. Agreed. But real pretenders to me are those campaigning for "brighter future of hotwheels".. when they themselves are no different. Only that they found themselves one territory short. You lost at your own game.

RAOK

I never RAOK any hunts openly to other playaz before so i'm definitely safe from kukubeh's hitlist hehe. But RAOK, my son, is a sacred term in Hotwheels. It's the most beautiful thing even if you get RAOK'ed from scalpers or hoarders. So saying RAOK are people's way to gain praises or expecting something in return is just, not cool. Even if certain people may had such intention, prob is who are we to judge. You can say he sucks ass, but not because he RAOKs.

Yoda

Who's hands structure/anatomy leads to endless speculations.

I am 7 feet tall, with lightning bolts from me eyes and fireballs from me arse.....Smile.....sorry love braveheart...

Good to be back. I wondered why I got banned? Simply voicing out my opinion got me banned for 1 day. Thanks to the mod for un-ban me.

To shakz ~~~ Who's complaining? It's an opinion or rather information sharing.

To kukubeh ~~~ kudos on the spirit. I want to promote fair hot wheels hunting spirit. But not everyone wants to be fair.

To Solid Snake ~~~ Sharing information is not in that manner bro.... the way you have put it up more like complain and not happy, sharing info is very simple no need to give life related example etc... that my point of view.

shakz7 wrote:
Lets put it simple...

Every Where there is an Informer i guess... but regardless of what you can still score if you are the right place on right time with lady luck on yr side.

I really HATE ppl here who talks like he has never need information or leads from fellow forumer and been hunting all by himself all this while and been scoring.

Lets take an simple example... Speed machine... how many of us received call or SMS from other forumer the day it was spotted on the rack??? Some of you went straight away after receiving the INFORMATION and then only manage to score the Speed Machine models wanted.

Since you talk abt working your *** out why dont you tell every1 here please dont inform or sms you any information in regards to latest release or new founds... just do it you own conventional way of going and hunting.

If its a HWCMers who called or SMS in regards of stock its called information or leads.... but the same FREAKING thing is done by STAFF / Promoter then its call INSIDER JOB or Priority Customer etc.... What the hell??

Why there must be double Standard in a definition?

stop being Hypocrite n pretender... you know who you are.

Place Known With Insider / Informer (Whatever you guys wanna call it)

Parkson Kajang
Parkson OUG
Isetan KLCC
Parkson KLCC
Jusco Cheras Selatan
Parkson Alamanda
Robinson MV
Giant Sec 13 Shah Alam
Giant Kinrara
Giant Puchong
Giant Batu Caves
Giant Cheras

And list will go on..... But nevertheless some of you guys including me still manage to score TH and also Hot Models there...

So Lets get over it... stop complaining.... Work Smart , Creative , innovative and be a People's pupil

+1