Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericmaxman

Frens Hunting For You

Now, I know that this is gonna be a very debatable subject, but in simple terms, do you have friends that helps you hunt for cars? Do they report to you everywhere they go? Do they also collect? Most importantly, do they ask for commission?

Come to think of it, yes. I do have. But I want to see the overall response before I give out more details.

Nope, I hunt alone, most of the time, if my friend know HW they sure would hunt for themselves first, those who don't know, very hard to explain to them, this and that....plus doesn't feel right asking your friend to do the work for you, haha, but that's just me.

for me, i always hunt alone, but sometimes if i found an extra, i'll inform some of my friends who are collectors as well, and grabbed some for them.. and they do the same to me as well.. Smile
but most likely, i dont want ppl to trouble themselves looking some cars for me, and agree with fadli that its really doesnt feel right asking friend to hunt for me.. that's why i rather to hunt myself..

i just ask my friend that travel oversea to grab non basic card.. Smile

- Thailand not found
- Singapore many
- Australia many series found
- London, UK - found basic card only? goshhh.. Matchbox maybe..
- Holland - same like UK..
- Switzerland - same like UK..
- US - many series

basic card? local can found laaaaa...

Hmm, my fren cant understand what I want to find..to them these are all the same..

For me, it is my hobby. So it is what i do to get myself satisfied. If you have friends that have same hobby, then it is ok to ask them to find some for you. But for people who don't, then it not necessary to harass them to find stuff for you. People who are not into this hobby, but knows you collect and do take a little time to find for you, then that is great.

Other than that i think its rude to force people to do something for you just because they owe you a favour.

Argee with what netmatrix say, is my hobby, that is how i spend my spare time. I had share my hobby to my fren, and some of them trying helping me to find what i wish but at end, they dont get the correct car Razz So, my slogan is 1malaysia system, 1me hunting only. What a Face

Is your dad happy and ok about it?Smile if so no problem la. However as the collector, we should hunt harder than all of them in my opinion.

My wife helps me hunt now, but not in the beginning. However after watching how this "hobby" matters to me, and now my son has grown older, she took it on and does look look see see in passing whenever she goes grocery shopping and others. So far scored CP and FE thunt. Smile

pydrumerboy wrote:
Is your dad happy and ok about it?Smile if so no problem la. However as the collector, we should hunt harder than all of them in my opinion.

My wife helps me hunt now, but not in the beginning. However after watching how this "hobby" matters to me, and now my son has grown older, she took it on and does look look see see in passing whenever she goes grocery shopping and others. So far scored CP and FE thunt. Smile

wu wah!!! So...now.. whole family in the HW hunting business liao!!!

chee keng hong wrote:
pydrumerboy wrote:
Is your dad happy and ok about it? if so no problem la. However as the collector, we should hunt harder than all of them in my opinion.

My wife helps me hunt now, but not in the beginning. However after watching how this "hobby" matters to me, and now my son has grown older, she took it on and does look look see see in passing whenever she goes grocery shopping and others. So far scored CP and FE thunt.

My son gonna take over my business one day plus hotwheels hunting too Smile

ericmaxman wrote:
Urgh, what if that "fren" who helps me hunt is my dad?

how about that "fren" is working in toys dept / in charge of toy section?

kukubeh wrote:
ericmaxman wrote:
Urgh, what if that "fren" who helps me hunt is my dad?

how about that "fren" is working in toys dept / in charge of toy section?

ShockedShocked

That time, FREN = INSIDER

But wasn't that always the case?

How about purposely making friend with staff of toy department and then try to get him to collect hotwheels. He scores and then gives you some. Smile, INSIDER? not if he is a collector or becomes a collector too.........not in our control but a very possible scenario.

ericmaxman wrote:
lol, my dad was the one who brought me to the dark side.

Well in that case, its ok then.....haha...a thought just crossed my mind. Maybe you are the one hunting for your dad....that would turn things around and your question then should be. Is it ok to hunt for other people? haha Smile

pydrumerboy wrote:
ericmaxman wrote:
lol, my dad was the one who brought me to the dark side.

Well in that case, its ok then.....haha...a thought just crossed my mind. Maybe you are the one hunting for your dad....that would turn things around and your question then should be. Is it ok to hunt for other people? haha Smile

Nah, our collections are merged.. heheh

Quote :
How about purposely making friend with staff of toy department and then try to get him to collect hotwheels. He scores and then gives you some. Smile, INSIDER? not if he is a collector or becomes a collector too.........not in our control but a very possible scenario.

Thats just plain mind games. Brain wash quality. hahaha Anyway when your kids grow up and they know the "value" of the toys, it would be converted to cash immediately. To fund for their new hobby?

pydrumerboy wrote:
chee keng hong wrote:
pydrumerboy wrote:
Is your dad happy and ok about it? if so no problem la. However as the collector, we should hunt harder than all of them in my opinion.

My wife helps me hunt now, but not in the beginning. However after watching how this "hobby" matters to me, and now my son has grown older, she took it on and does look look see see in passing whenever she goes grocery shopping and others. So far scored CP and FE thunt.

My son gonna take over my business one day plus hotwheels hunting too

your're a very sporting dadlah PY...salute..

demonicle wrote:
i sometimes jus take watever 'hot' models that tat r on the rack. then i'll ask my frens if they want, if they dont want it, i'll jus hang on to it

+1 and vice versa

as of right now... just constantly bugging my brother to visit kmart and target in aussie.

got a friend who is in u.s. for an exchange programme and i've asked her to help me look for the garage series.
another friend, her brother, will be visiting her soon so i'll ask him to help me out too...

i don't think there's anything wrong with asking friends to help you out, just the manner you approach them. I love you

must hunt alone then the hunter will become the hunted.....

mostly i hunt alone...
most of my siblings are perempuan so
none have interest in cars haha
Wink

my sis found a TH when trip to HK. she put it back cos it is without "$" LOL
my wife got me a reg Fire Eater at Penang 7E lately LOL
my fren couldn't get me any green at SG but bought me lots of nice basic but ended up they were common in Malaysia afterwards LOL
my bro-in-law helped me for SM(1st wave) reventon & viper at Penang TRU, the peg was still fresh tat hour, no competition LOL
my cousin bro couldn't find any HW at Dubai LOL
some members called me when they found my wanted list car, tabik u guys!

appreciate all the great helps.