Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fadli85

Satria Neo Lotus Racing........wow....!

http://www.proton-edar.com.my/index.php?page=campaign&action=view&id=78

Check out the specs man, ohlin coilover springs, AP racing brakes, high end performance brand goodies fitted
Top speed at 200km/h
Power 145hp, almost like Perdana V6 already....! and it's still Campro CPS 1.6..!

Stylish and aggressive bumpers (drooling on the front part, yummy), added side fender air vents, look fierce....

Wow...!

wow!! nice lotus racing green for this neo! get my cheque ready and head to proton showroom! ( haha, dreaming only!)

hokuan wrote:
This car cost over 100k right?

RM 115K to be exact..

Somewhat kind of dissapointing car. No doubt this car could do well on track. But some things are not there. The interior color is not color matched. Its like puke green. Carbon fibre effect stuff... hmmm.... leaves to be desired. And they did not include bucket seats. This is because they have to comply with the air bag settings.

Now whats funny is, a lot would quote a second hand civic compared to this. Some pro neo would shoot them down for not accepting this Neo lotus. But some parts you got to agree with the general public that having a civic/integra for much less money. And most importantly its a proven track platform. This Neo isn't. And at limited 25 units only, its even harder to prove why it is desirable just for the LOTUS badge. Pretty dissapointing. They should make an true R3 NEO just like what they did with the R3 Satria.

nice .. but dont think the price is justified tho...

netmatrix wrote:
Somewhat kind of dissapointing car. No doubt this car could do well on track. But some things are not there. The interior color is not color matched. Its like puke green. Carbon fibre effect stuff... hmmm.... leaves to be desired. And they did not include bucket seats. This is because they have to comply with the air bag settings.

Now whats funny is, a lot would quote a second hand civic compared to this. Some pro neo would shoot them down for not accepting this Neo lotus. But some parts you got to agree with the general public that having a civic/integra for much less money. And most importantly its a proven track platform. This Neo isn't. And at limited 25 units only, its even harder to prove why it is desirable just for the LOTUS badge. Pretty dissapointing. They should make an true R3 NEO just like what they did with the R3 Satria.

They already did the Neo R3, and was put on SALE couple of years ago, I think around RM70,000 if not mistaken, Package A was with full equipment, package B a little less expensive, less accessories....It came with incognito black and R3 bloodstripe with advanti wheels, full R3 bodykit just like the Lotus R3 Neo...quite limited.

yup.. but this "tuned by lotus" or "talaan oleh teratai in BM" quite impressive and for only 25 unit produced, really really limited..

jhc7598 wrote:
yup.. but this "tuned by lotus" or "talaan oleh teratai in BM" quite impressive and for only 25 unit produced, really really limited..

at least when you drives these lotus tuned, you'ved no worries when comes to JPJ road block as it's all street legal.

danielh wrote:
jhc7598 wrote:

at least when you drives these lotus tuned, you'ved no worries when comes to JPJ road block as it's all street legal.

...but jus cant pass the "speed trap" road block!!

toycarsmy wrote:
Wuah RM115 can buy Civic Liao

what's the current civic 1.8 price now?

danielh wrote:
toycarsmy wrote:
Wuah RM115 can buy Civic Liao

what's the current civic 1.8 price now?

...for 1.8 is RM118k.

..for 2.0 now is RM129K...but last four is around RM125K!

guys, dun just compare this neo with the other brand cars blindly.

study the spec first, n u'll know the reason of the price.
although i'm oso disappointed with the OVER stated price, but after revising the specs plus considering the research n effort from proton n R3, i'm agreed with the price.
the most interesting part about this so-called limited edition neo CPS R3 is, its rev is 7500rpm in EVERY GEAR. that's very impressive. even turbo cars may found difficulties to achieve that kind of awesomeness.

plus, it's tuned inside-out..just like civic FD2R which is waaaaayyyyyy more expensive than normal FD2.

and remember, this neo is limited only 25units WORLDWIDE.not just in Malaysia.
the price is reasonable.

and i wish this neo would be lined-up in Hotwheels cars.

as Speed Machine perhaps?

come on Mattel!!! it's now for you to show us your gratitude as being using our land as your production base!!!

RazzRazzRazz

It's nice to know that Proton is developing some performance car. Only time will tell how good is it and can P1 improve. Looking at Neo S2000 performance in IRC & APRC, I think it wouldn't be too long to wait..

one of the first buyer is rosyam nor.
hehehehe

I think it's worth it in my point of view.
I am a Neo driver myself and I know how a Neo can perform.
Lets compare it this way, a brand new Neo CPS is RM57k for a manual. The R3 Lotus Edition is 115k.
From what I heard from one of the Proton guys in Pavilion (I was there after the launch yesterday),
he said Öhlins DFV (Dual Flow Valve) fully adjustable coil-over suspension + four-pot AP Racing calipers are already RM30k+.
RM57k+30k=RM87k.
Plus the additionals, carbon fibre hood, R3 stuffs ( R3 Titanium Exhaust Headers, R3 Alloy Underdrive Pulleys, an R3 Tuned
Exhaust System, R3 Carbon Fiber Airbox & R3-tuned camshaft) plus this and that as well as R3 tuned, don't these account for the leftover RM28k?
If these aren't enough, only 25 units of the R3 Lotus Edition will be produced. Not limited enough?

I would buy it if I have the money comparing to Civic (no offense to Civic owners)

4-pot AP Racing brake caliper man, when it stop, I'm sure the tarmac would peel off.....!

Plus 145HP out of 1.6 Campro is not bad, sometime people compare on paper, but it's the real world that counts.

@pqhd-don't think Mattel would ever care about Malaysian cars, they only want to produce Japs, American and European cars, to them, Malaysian cars not appealing.....

zacktan wrote:
Lets compare it this way, a brand new Neo CPS is RM57k for a manual. The R3 Lotus Edition is 115k.
From what I heard from one of the Proton guys in Pavilion (I was there after the launch yesterday),
he said Öhlins DFV (Dual Flow Valve) fully adjustable coil-over suspension + four-pot AP Racing calipers are already RM30k+.
RM57k+30k=RM87k.
Plus the additionals, carbon fibre hood, R3 stuffs ( R3 Titanium Exhaust Headers, R3 Alloy Underdrive Pulleys, an R3 Tuned
Exhaust System, R3 Carbon Fiber Airbox & R3-tuned camshaft) plus this and that as well as R3 tuned, don't these account for the leftover RM28k?
If these aren't enough, only 25 units of the R3 Lotus Edition will be produced. Not limited enough?

I would buy it if I have the money comparing to Civic (no offense to Civic owners)

Yes correct. But those suspensions and brakes are a killer to service. If an average joe can manage to get one, he would be shocked to find out the brake pad price. And Ohlins? How many Ohlins dealers you know in Malaysia? Hell even Koni & Tokico aftermarket is scarce and only 2 dealers around.

Well the reason to compare with a Civic is, because of the price tag. In the end it not really a good comparison for the current 4 door civic. But you compare to the old EG EF civics and even DC Integra, then the NEO is not good bargain. 25 cars with unproven record on track. While many wins for the Integra and Civics on track since its heydays. And its still competative now. So you are actually buying a blinged up DD and not track aces car. So what if the ride is by lotus? Its is still not a lotus. Still not!! You approach people like Jay Leno and Bernie and tell them its only 25 in the world, see if they buy it or not, even if ti is loose change for them?

netmatrix wrote:
zacktan wrote:
RM57k+30k=RM87k.

Yes correct. But those suspensions and brakes are a killer to service. If an average joe can manage to get one, he would be shocked to find out the brake pad price. And Ohlins? How many Ohlins dealers you know in Malaysia? Hell even Koni & Tokico aftermarket is scarce and only 2 dealers around.

Well the reason to compare with a Civic is, because of the price tag. In the end it not really a good comparison for the current 4 door civic. But you compare to the old EG EF civics and even DC Integra, then the NEO is not good bargain. 25 cars with unproven record on track. While many wins for the Integra and Civics on track since its heydays. And its still competative now. So you are actually buying a blinged up DD and not track aces car. So what if the ride is by lotus? Its is still not a lotus. Still not!! You approach people like Jay Leno and Bernie and tell them its only 25 in the world, see if they buy it or not, even if ti is loose change for them?

You got your point. All it comes down to is individual's preference. We should be happy of our national car maker, Proton while some other countries don't even have their own national car. Plus Tengku Djan as the head of R3 and 4th best drifter in the world (correct me if I'm wrong), IMO this car won't be that bad.

Quote :
You got your point. All it comes down to is individual's preference. We should be happy of our national car maker, Proton while some other countries don't even have their own national car. Plus Tengku Djan as the head of R3 and 4th best drifter in the world (correct me if I'm wrong), IMO this car won't be that bad.

Yes the car may be very good in some areas. I think the ride and handling will be superior to most hatches. But then think again, how many would be able to gauge that fact for there are only 25 units available? Would any of them see track days for that matter? So whats the point in having all those fancy equipment only to show to the public you can own a 115K car? Well actually ther are lot of people in Malaysia that owns million dollar cars and yet they see no action. While the ones constantly spending money to upgrade their car sees lots of action legally and illegally.

Yes we do have a car manufacturer. And they are comited to giving good stuff to us. (I think la, besides the Persona 416 fiasco).

FFThought Car Standard Conversion:

1. 10 years 1.8 or 1.6 DOHC car 95 bhp to 150 bhp ready - 15-20k
2. New tires and rim 2k
3. New Interior - sports bucket and all fabric 2.5k
4. New Brake and sports suspension system 2k
5. New paint 1.5k
6. New exaust and suction system 1 k
7. Engine port and polish
8. Rebore engine and rebore throttle body
9. Lighten flywheel and lighten campully
10. Overhaul kits
11. Engine management and dyno system
12. Aging engine parts replacement 6-10k
all of which you get happy revs 150-210 bhp car for just 25k - 35k.

wildspirit wrote:

2. New tires and rim 2k
5. New paint 1.5k
10. Overhaul kits

Yes its arguable that you only use half the amount to make a car much much more faster than the Lotus NEO. The supporters would only say that your car is still an old car. Until you whup their butt time and time again. hahaha.

Then again look further. There is no GTi version of NEO yet. Based on history Satria was offered with 1.3 only. And then the super souped up Gti version. Now that was fast until they release an R3 version which is better everywhere.

Now fast forward, we have a NEO. Then a R3 kit. Then a CPS. Then a NEO LOTUS. Now basically the buyers of supposedly fast and great NEO would be the CPS. Basically the NEO actually screws Proton buyers. Neo isn't the fastest offered. Neo R3 isn't the top of the line. There isn't a Gti model too. If there is, it cannot be faster than the Lotus one, or the 25 owners of the Neo lotus is screwed. hahaha. Then you can see Proton scrambling upgrade offers for the Neo Lotus free or discounted Gti mods to make it go faster. hahahaha.

I dunno la. I still think its a screwed product. I'm very sure my neighbour who owns the CPS is going to color his to the Lotus scheme. He already bought a similar looking rim.

netmatrix wrote:
wildspirit wrote:

2. New tires and rim 2k
5. New paint 1.5k
10. Overhaul kits

Yes its arguable that you only use half the amount to make a car much much more faster than the Lotus NEO. The supporters would only say that your car is still an old car. Until you whup their butt time and time again. hahaha.

Then again look further. There is no GTi version of NEO yet. Based on history Satria was offered with 1.3 only. And then the super souped up Gti version. Now that was fast until they release an R3 version which is better everywhere.

Now fast forward, we have a NEO. Then a R3 kit. Then a CPS. Then a NEO LOTUS. Now basically the buyers of supposedly fast and great NEO would be the CPS. Basically the NEO actually screws Proton buyers. Neo isn't the fastest offered. Neo R3 isn't the top of the line. There isn't a Gti model too. If there is, it cannot be faster than the Lotus one, or the 25 owners of the Neo lotus is screwed. hahaha. Then you can see Proton scrambling upgrade offers for the Neo Lotus free or discounted Gti mods to make it go faster. hahahaha.

I dunno la. I still think its a screwed product. I'm very sure my neighbour who owns the CPS is going to color his to the Lotus scheme. He already bought a similar looking rim.

That food for thought. If you do just the upgraded engine, i say your neo can easily make that neo lotus or even type r shy. lotus neo definitely but type r at least equally to 89% of its performance. My ride now the new focus, my old ford 1.8 is very close performance to B18 of Honda Integra just after under 6k conversion. Very good mechanic is a must and you can be total surprise that your car is faster but equally good to petrol.

Sometime choices is good. Go peek and test the other performance car nearer and performance is total king not apperance.Regular audience at Sepang drag know the legendary Daihatsu Charade speedster. The car looks terrible as hell but tapau all evos,skyline,type r and they eating dust only. How pity.

This is serious talk on 1:1 size car. Are there any 1:64 proton neo model on sales.

sahama wrote:
This is serious talk on 1:1 size car. Are there any 1:64 proton neo model on sales.

I don't think anyone has such a small model available. I think some local company might make a 1;52 scale ones just like the Myvi.