Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
premendran

Why is Ecto-1 very difficult to find?

im wondering if the Ecto1 is more valueable than the Thunts? i mean i went to 2 differents Giants today..both places were restocked with new waves and i think they opened more than 3-4 boxes..as usual no greens and to my surprise no ecto1 at all..Ecto1 is a premier and i can find all the 'most sought after' cars like lambo murcie, veyrons,beetles and all but no ecto1 at all? dont all FE comes in like a few pcs in a box? So im wondering if did the insiders hide all the Ecto's just like the thunts or did ppl really buy them?

Sadly, it's one in every case indeed FOR NOW. One in Thunt 5.5 case, one in Camaro cases. If lucky maybe two.
There's also some dead case, no Thunt, no Ecto 1. I can understand your frustration, I went to like over 10 7e,
went high & low at Malls for weeks. Still no sign of Ecto.

Part of the reason why is that Mattel themselves mentioned in the forum that Ecto 1 is limited, that sent everyone crazy.
I mean, it's silly to tell everyone in the world that Ecto is limited, just made it worst.
Because, not only HW collectors are looking for it but also NON-HW collector too, Ghostbusters fans.
Furthermore, Ecto do not come in MASS unlike Batman or the rest of the common cars.

But don't give up yet, the last time Mattel also mentioned that 66'Batmobile was limited but than, the market was flooded with it later.

You just never know, otherwise use your trading skills. I had to trade of my Reg Thunt for an Ecto but won't do that for a Super.
Sometimes we just have to be patience.

After this its going to be this years Batmobile. Mattel no money to pay for licenses to make each one. Yeah riiigghhhhttt....

hard to find but got smile if find..... Smile

yes, as mentioned by atomkinder. one ecto per one case and some are dead case (without ecto and thunt). I'm too very lucky to find one.
You had to keep on going hunting as the currently all the outlets and stores are restocked with camaro wave and you might bump into one.

Maybe you see some of us get it very easy, (sorry,no offence) just like a snap on the finger but in reality, it takes a lot of effort and hardwork to go around hunting all over the places, never mind those insiders, and some luck counts too.

i know how you feel but it's part and parcel in hunting hotwheels.So take it easy, you will score sooner or later.

Dont worry, ECTO1 soon or later will appear ...maybe lot until u donno want to take all or just 1...from the begining is like this, after few month, then appear a lot. Overseas is the priority, so malaysia had to wait la Razz

patience...
some day the ecto will emerge...
Embarassed
im still waiting mine tho...
huhu

Thanks all for the support.. i mean its really frustrating when we go around all the places and we know and we see new stocks but just cant get what we were looking for..oh well..shall not give up hope..when i manage to find one..it'll be really worth the time hunting..its a passion and its a feeling thats one of a kind..

Im also frustrated with ecto-1...i already search all over 7e and supermarket in subang,pj, kl area n damansara and of course no ecto-1..WHY!i never thought that it is so hard to find it........ i just need 1 ecto-1..that all that i need.

premendran wrote:
Thanks all for the support..when i manage to find one..it'll be really worth the time hunting..its a passion and its a feeling thats one of a kind..

Prem you do come gathering, how about you voice out/share during then with other members. Don't go thinking you're alone in this hobby...let alone THE ONLY ONE NOT FOUND ECTO-1 yet. I too haven't found on my own, but there are others who reads this and share the same boat as you, why do they not whine? Cos easy....any collector, no matter, will go hunt - if not then like others --> Open your mouth and ask for trade/sale Smile....if not rajin bit lor....

*** really getting lazy to 'mod' these posts/threads....*sigh* upteen times and yet...square one. Time will tell...

Okay, I don't know where to put this so I decide to share it here. Here's a recent related Ecto 1 story from Canada.

Zellers Department Store in Canada is competition to Walmart. Something like Carefour vs Giant in Msia. Zellers motto is "The lowest price in the law" they really mean the LOWEST you can ever find. (Unlike our our local hypermarkets who claimed the lowest but its for show only) Recently Zellers had a sale and the Hotwheels cases came in TONS and how much is a card of Hotwheels car?

67 cents!

CSD$0.67cents = per ONE HW card

That's like CSD$0.67 = 2.10 MYRinggit

So, one dude went in there early in the morning of the sale and score more than 60 - 70 cards of Ecto 1s! He was not alone, there was like more than 100 cases of Hotwheels. Here's the proof:

Picture by whoh8sbacon

But this dude managed to distribute to his fellow collectors. Nice of him.
Am I hinting to anyone who scored Ecto1 here? NO I am not. Because I found mine.

if he can score this numbers of ectos..wonder how many $upers and regular he scored...

RGSUKAN wrote:
if he can score this numbers of ectos..wonder how many $upers and regular he scored...

You wouldn't want to know how many Thunt$ (not even talkin' bout Regs) he scored, this Ecto is envy
enough.

Atomkinder wrote:
RGSUKAN wrote:

You wouldn't want to know how many Thunt$ (not even talkin' bout Regs) he scored, this Ecto is envy
enough.

yeah..sure make me cry...dem really diff scene here in malaysia..summore price like heaven, sure scalp one...

mak datok.... giler banyak ecto.... not enuff la white walls tyres of mine.. ahahhahaha

i got mine at jusco 1 utama last tuesday.dont know still have yet or not but at that time there were few of it.if not mistaken around 4-5 cards.i just manage to take only one since i didnt bring a lot of cash Sad

for those who hunt for this,just try ur luck at jusco 1U.get it be4 it is 2 late...hehehe...

p/s : got nissan z,camaro & ratbomb t hunt also.but limited quantity...try ur luck guys... Smile

IJANxMYHC wrote:
i got mine at jusco 1 utama last tuesday

Thanks for your info but i guess it's a little too late now
there's alot of "piranha" here, if there's blood in the water, they'll go for the kill.

Atomkinder wrote:
IJANxMYHC wrote:
i got mine at jusco 1 utama last tuesday

Thanks for your info but i guess it's a little too late now
there's alot of "piranha" here, if there's blood in the water, they'll go for the kill.

agreed with atomkinder, i think it's gone liao.......

hi guys.. am new member here...
just want to share with u about ecto-1..
those who live in penang (ada ka??) can go to Giant bayan baru...
saw about 2nos ecto 1...
tp keta tu kat customer service counter... meaning that u hv to buy 3 HW and get 1 free... then u ble redeem ecto 1... hehehe...

Guess I'm quite lucky. Yesterday I found Ecto at Kedai Mesra Petronas. Sound weird isn't it! But keep on hunting for those who look for it.

Speeddemonz wrote:
Guess I'm quite lucky. Yesterday I found Ecto at Kedai Mesra Petronas. Sound weird isn't it! But keep on hunting for those who look for it.

wah....ecto found at kedai mesra..congrats..

I officially declare that I don't have one yet and wouldn't bother whether I find it or not. Rolling EyesWhat a Face

sinclair wrote:
I officially declare that I don't have one yet and wouldn't bother whether I find it or not. Rolling EyesWhat a Face

+1. heehee

sinclair wrote:

I on the other hand would not want it. But i want to get one just to brag in everyone's face.

boleh jadik gilercollect mcm ni!!!!! LaughingVery Happy

Jangan gilacollect mcam ni nanti sewel. I found 2 ecto in one box. Just plain lucky.

wah............soooooooooooooooo much of ectos? i wish we can find that much back here...

oh my.. where to find this Ecto - 1 here.. now the price has increased, must spend really wisely after this..

UCB...you don't even show up @ gatherings anymore

E81...don't think we've formally met at gathering yet mate Smile

Acto-ghostbuster is hard to find now days.

I have not seen any Ecto-1 yet! But I saw manyyyyyyyyyyyyy blue VW 181. Mattel produced the wrong thing.
Difficult to find one? Just forget it. I bought one blue Porsche 911 GT2 (guess 1996) yesterday and I feel very satisfied! So no Ecto-1 is ok.

As much i hate to believe it...the Ecto-1 wave has come and gone Sad better luck trading for them now

Rayz-HWC wrote:
As much i hate to believe it...the Ecto-1 wave has come and gone better luck trading for them now

I'll bring a couple when I come over in August

Thorrr wrote:
Rayz-HWC wrote:
As much i hate to believe it...the Ecto-1 wave has come and gone better luck trading for them now

I'll bring a couple when I come over in August

good!