Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xeifu

WHY WE SO SERIOUS TO COLLECT HOTWHEELS..????

undercoverbrother wrote:
I'm not so serious in hotwheels. Serious.

Anybody in HWCM can be serious, but they'll never be serious as xeifu. If you don't believe just stare at xeifu's avatar. That's how serious he is.

Serious.

netmatrix wrote:
When i was a kid, these things was meant for destruction. We burn them, crash and race them. Then it was junked. And the cycle starts again.

Then when i grew up, i started to like cars. But i could not afford any of them. The first one i got was a Porsche 928 by Majorette that cost RM3.50. Then there was the Ford flareside F150 truck. And then some here and there i got from a sundry shop nearby. This was raced and crashed, but not burned. I still have the F150 that i'm thinking to fix.

Then in 2006, i stumbled in LYP forums where most of the guys here are from. Upon reading and seeing the pictures, i ventured out to get them. I still remember the first time bought it was in Jusco. RM2.90 per car. I shifted 16 units in 1 day. Then the buying got more and more and more. It was a lifeless affair really.

Then 1 day it snapped that i really liked cars!!! Whats with the many AutoCars, Top Gears, Hot Rods, EuroTuner, Mustangs, Asian auto and the many magazines i read religiously. I still have the 1994 daily express guide to new cars magazine! although its pretty trashed.

And then those mag reading days are somewhat traded with car history books. I do not know why looking at Japanese tuning mags does not impress me as reading a crash and brash Top gear. I mean sure, those shiny tech tuning kits in Japanese mags, like Tengoku, Option and the many jap mags are impressive. But its weighted down by technicalities, that it does not hold historic value.

Cars in Europe and America seems attractive to me. Look beyond the high cc engines and the people who make it, the car holds value not in cash value, but historic value. I'm sure the Japanese people are trying very very hard to do that.

Nowdays i'm so happy i can find magazines & books that i could attach to the HW cars i have. That is somewhat serious for me as its special that i could finally find the puzzle pieces of relation between my love for reading car stuff and collecting die cast cars.

Is that serious? The only serious thing i saw in my collecting is the ever increasing price. Too serious a problem for collecting more. hahaha.

wow, very well said netmatrix, exactly like how I've been growing up, that explanation right is right on the money, those cars with high historic value are usually iconic cars, and have loyal following. I like cars by liking japanese cars first, but then I read Motor Trend and Road & Track (awesome magazine ever) and my whole thinking of cars change, because I was exposed to this whole different level of how to appreciate a car, it was so mind blowing to read the history, how it came out from concept to production, and the styling is way...way different, the lines are different, the curves, the stance the look is different, only then I realize, continental cars have this special thing, a unique thing call CHARACTER, that's what makes me like cars even more....!

Fadli85 wrote:
netmatrix wrote:
When i was a kid, these things was meant for destruction. We burn them, crash and race them. Then it was junked. And the cycle starts again.

Then when i grew up, i started to like cars. But i could not afford any of them. The first one i got was a Porsche 928 by Majorette that cost RM3.50. Then there was the Ford flareside F150 truck. And then some here and there i got from a sundry shop nearby. This was raced and crashed, but not burned. I still have the F150 that i'm thinking to fix.

Then in 2006, i stumbled in LYP forums where most of the guys here are from. Upon reading and seeing the pictures, i ventured out to get them. I still remember the first time bought it was in Jusco. RM2.90 per car. I shifted 16 units in 1 day. Then the buying got more and more and more. It was a lifeless affair really.

Then 1 day it snapped that i really liked cars!!! Whats with the many AutoCars, Top Gears, Hot Rods, EuroTuner, Mustangs, Asian auto and the many magazines i read religiously. I still have the 1994 daily express guide to new cars magazine! although its pretty trashed.

And then those mag reading days are somewhat traded with car history books. I do not know why looking at Japanese tuning mags does not impress me as reading a crash and brash Top gear. I mean sure, those shiny tech tuning kits in Japanese mags, like Tengoku, Option and the many jap mags are impressive. But its weighted down by technicalities, that it does not hold historic value.

Cars in Europe and America seems attractive to me. Look beyond the high cc engines and the people who make it, the car holds value not in cash value, but historic value. I'm sure the Japanese people are trying very very hard to do that.

Nowdays i'm so happy i can find magazines & books that i could attach to the HW cars i have. That is somewhat serious for me as its special that i could finally find the puzzle pieces of relation between my love for reading car stuff and collecting die cast cars.

Is that serious? The only serious thing i saw in my collecting is the ever increasing price. Too serious a problem for collecting more. hahaha.

wow, very well said netmatrix, exactly like how I've been growing up, that explanation right is right on the money, those cars with high historic value are usually iconic cars, and have loyal following. I like cars by liking japanese cars first, but then I read Motor Trend and Road & Track (awesome magazine ever) and my whole thinking of cars change, because I was exposed to this whole different level of how to appreciate a car, it was so mind blowing to read the history, how it came out from concept to production, and the styling is way...way different, the lines are different, the curves, the stance the look is different, only then I realize, continental cars have this special thing, a unique thing call CHARACTER, that's what makes me like cars even more....!

Yeah i think i got over the Japanese hype already. Sure the GTR, the LFA is all tech and stick like roller coaster. But sometimes, you want something at the edge and not so controlled. Its like you either want to be seeing technical drawings of Petronas twin towers or you look at Picasso's art. I dunno la. Actually the collecting have slowed down compared to getting tons of stuff just to get tons of stuff. Nowdays its hidden quality.

love is in the air... maybe u two should get a room or somethin...
* cabut...... ..

undercoverbrother wrote:
Anybody in HWCM can be serious, but they'll never be serious as xeifu. If you don't believe just stare at xeifu's avatar. That's how serious he is.

Serious.

fyi.. thats him smiling actually.. THIS is when his serious
Spoiler:

cabuuuttttt....

ko lupa ni hassan. Dia kan selalu jadi leprechaun hijau yg come kalau dtg mcd. Cuma muka dia jadi serious sket mcm tu kalau ko.........................tetolak mini dia. .......aku yg kena cabut.

hassan wrote:
love is in the air... maybe u two should get a room or somethin...
* cabut...... ..

Who? who?

hahahahhahaa.....kill kill die die!!! Laughing

"i'm serious..i'm serious.. fralala..lala..."

Why I get poisoned?
Camaro - because of Transformer (movie) Bumblebee
Viper - because of TV programme "Viper" (crime fighter mobile which can transform)
DD - because of getting poisoned by titaniumboss
Mustang - because of getting poisoned by zacktan
Mini Cooper - because my wife questioned me why I don't collect Cooper
Batmobile - because I'm Batman Graphic Novel fan reader
Double Decker (MBX) - because of getting poisoned by RGSukan

musclemania wrote:
Why I get poisoned?
Camaro - because of Transformer (movie) Bumblebee
Viper - because of TV programme "Viper" (crime fighter mobile which can transform)
DD - because of getting poisoned by titaniumboss
Mustang - because of getting poisoned by zacktan
Mini Cooper - because my wife questioned me why I don't collect Cooper
Batmobile - because I'm Batman Graphic Novel fan reader
Double Decker (MBX) - because of getting poisoned by RGSukan

hmm..i can seee so many excuse in colleting ur hw!!

wish that's only my explanation, else, more explanation = more poison = more collections = more $ spent = more bocor!!!

musclemania wrote:
wish that's only my explanation, else, more explanation = more poison = more collections = more $ spent = more bocor!!!

My so serious facts::
1. My old vtec and old ford for pumping my adrenalin and modification habit
2. My old car magazine for make me illusionist
3. My first HW Datsun 240 make me curving crazy all nite
4. Too fast to furious who wake my muscle illusion..again(nearly owned one) dammed miss that car till now
5. Hassan for bring me to racun territory and Drag Bus mania
6. Amcorp for International card
7. McD for loose rubber and snacks pick

Gosh...sampai mati pun tak boleh quit..( hopefully not )

wildspirit wrote:
My so serious facts::
1. My old vtec and old ford for pumping my adrenalin and modification habit
2. My old car magazine for make me illusionist
3. My first HW Datsun 240 make me curving crazy all nite
4. Too fast to furious who wake my muscle illusion..again(nearly owned one) dammed miss that car till now
5. Hassan for bring me to racun territory and Drag Bus mania
6. Amcorp for International card
7. McD for loose rubber and snacks pick

Gosh...sampai mati pun tak boleh quit..( hopefully not )

as serious as I do

Hmm, because adult collectors are serious, kids just want to enjoy......!

Kenapa kita collect hot wheels? ceritakan isi hati perut anda.... Very Happy

dulu duk kampong, collect bijik getah......

skarang duk bandar, collect HW lar........

CHAH wrote:

haha! terbaik...

CHAH wrote:

aku ada bijik getah TH$, nak trade dgn HW?