Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xeifu

WHY WE SO SERIOUS TO COLLECT HOTWHEELS..????

give a comment and extravaganza comments....

serious? my monthly bullets supply always not enough.....aaargh!!

jangan la so serious nanti masuk ICU...

well... with me? everything is serious... ahahhaa...
all mine mine mine...

i think hotwheels factory got curse to collectors la......once u ,jst like alfa romeo tagline;
once u love it, ti will be forever!

Well, members, please try to recall initially why we collect Hotwheels at the first place ... we may find the answer for our own...
For me, I should say it starts from Transformer movie where I fell in love with Bumblebee at the first place. So, I started from any cars with lines...then, muscle cars...then, all cars which caught my attention...then, scrutinize to only Camaro, Mini Cooper, Mustang (old), DD & Batmobile as well as miscellaneous, till now.

Serious means commitment to defend your collection or accumulate your haul at what cost as long you are happy.

Serious.. for me as its my long term investment. Serious to others maybe short term only cause they are handsomely paid..daily basis..no seriously kidding ma..this forum sometime can make investors at KLCI blush
we got our own KLHWSalesExchange..huhu.

1. Serious dammed serious......my bed must haves 2-3 hw that i played before sleeping.(pls continue)

wildspirit wrote:
Serious.. for me as its my long term investment. Serious to others maybe short term only cause they are handsomely paid..daily basis..no seriously kidding ma..this forum sometime can make investors at KLCI blush
we got our own KLHWSalesExchange..huhu.

1. Serious dammed serious......my bed must haves 2-3 hw that i played before sleeping.(pls continue)

sure every night u play with the "blimp" rite?

musclemania wrote:
Well, members, please try to recall initially why we collect Hotwheels at the first place ... we may find the answer for our own...
For me, I should say it starts from Transformer movie where I fell in love with Bumblebee at the first place. So, I started from any cars with lines...then, muscle cars...then, all cars which caught my attention...then, scrutinize to only Camaro, Mini Cooper, Mustang (old), DD & Batmobile as well as miscellaneous, till now.

i've started collecting 1:64 diecast like crazy when i've got my own income, because saya ni org susah dulu masa kecik, my first 1:64 diecast was a freebie from colgate...huhuhu....that is my sweetest/first experience owning a 1:64 diecast ...and that is the main reason why now i usually spent like crazy buying 1:64 diecast mainly hotwheels.....

p/s: the colgate freebie car have opening doors wooo

those 80's plastic 1/64 colgate car...hmm must buy big colgate. That time i was in hostel. See frens only got that car. But me pass..not macho ma during that time. Must follow seniors. Anyway can buy small colgate onli.
Demonicle...yeah rite thousand blimps to be laid with..huhu

wildspirit wrote:
Demonicle...yeah rite thousand blimps to be laid with..huhu

Err.. what demonicle meant.. i think 'one' will do.

serious....
serious....
serious....
serious....
serious....
serious....
serious....
serious....

Lets back to serious business, now what

demonicle wrote:
wildspirit, maybe we cud compare blimps sometime

no need la bro.. we all seen ur blimp ady ... demmm

huhu....sure demonicle blimps can pusing2.

Man get serious man, get serious.

apa yang kita mrepek ni daaah... seriously..

notorious inconspicous infamous nefarious i am?

sahama wrote:
I dont want to be serious, is it ok?.

seriously.. not sure the 'joker's' lookin for a sidekick tho...
* cabut...

xeifu is more serious when discussing serious matter.

I know why, because already addicted to HW, everything become serious...

So now do I get a cookie?

ok serious again.

I already lost my one leg, 2 thumb and all my hair and all because collecting hotwheels.

wow.. didnt know hotwheels was serious business..

Hotwheel is a serious business for hassan and mushroom. Can see them every weekend at Amcorp.

When i was a kid, these things was meant for destruction. We burn them, crash and race them. Then it was junked. And the cycle starts again.

Then when i grew up, i started to like cars. But i could not afford any of them. The first one i got was a Porsche 928 by Majorette that cost RM3.50. Then there was the Ford flareside F150 truck. And then some here and there i got from a sundry shop nearby. This was raced and crashed, but not burned. I still have the F150 that i'm thinking to fix.

Then in 2006, i stumbled in LYP forums where most of the guys here are from. Upon reading and seeing the pictures, i ventured out to get them. I still remember the first time bought it was in Jusco. RM2.90 per car. I shifted 16 units in 1 day. Then the buying got more and more and more. It was a lifeless affair really.

Then 1 day it snapped that i really liked cars!!! Whats with the many AutoCars, Top Gears, Hot Rods, EuroTuner, Mustangs, Asian auto and the many magazines i read religiously. I still have the 1994 daily express guide to new cars magazine! although its pretty trashed.

And then those mag reading days are somewhat traded with car history books. I do not know why looking at Japanese tuning mags does not impress me as reading a crash and brash Top gear. I mean sure, those shiny tech tuning kits in Japanese mags, like Tengoku, Option and the many jap mags are impressive. But its weighted down by technicalities, that it does not hold historic value.

Cars in Europe and America seems attractive to me. Look beyond the high cc engines and the people who make it, the car holds value not in cash value, but historic value. I'm sure the Japanese people are trying very very hard to do that.

Nowdays i'm so happy i can find magazines & books that i could attach to the HW cars i have. That is somewhat serious for me as its special that i could finally find the puzzle pieces of relation between my love for reading car stuff and collecting die cast cars.

Is that serious? The only serious thing i saw in my collecting is the ever increasing price. Too serious a problem for collecting more. hahaha.