Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atomkinder

MY SNEAKERS LAND

Thought I'll just show my other hobby, Sneakers!

The Air Jordan Spizike was made to show appreciation to Mars Blackmon aka Spike Lee. Spike’s part in the rising of the Air Jordan was very crucial. A lot of people may remember the funny commercials Spike Lee’s alias Mars Blackmon from the movie She’s Gotta Have it.

Collaboration of Spike Lee and Michael Jordan, The Spizike Infrared.

Are these re-con units? Or, same old pair fr 90's? If latter, it is better to keep it from wearing (I meant for basketball game, but for non-sport usage, it shall be fine) coz the adhesive is not that good anymore. Please check the Production date. I think around 1~2years are the optimized wearing period (for basketball) after the Production date.
Nice! I believe I can fly...

ermmm so ur house is full of smelly sneakers i guess .... how much u invest in your air fresheners? hmmmmm but i sugest you better wear them as the rubber deteriorate within 2yrs ....

musclemania wrote:
Are these re-con units? Or, same old pair fr 90's? If latter, it is better to keep it from wearing (I meant for basketball game, but for non-sport usage, it shall be fine) coz the adhesive is not that good anymore. Please check the Production date. I think around 1~2years are the optimized wearing period (for basketball) after the Production date.

It's a 2010 RETRO, reproduction, recolour. It's not an old pair, this is a collaboration, which means a hybrid of AJIII + AJIV
You should check how much is an original Spizike worth. Got money also cannot buy la.

enyomic wrote:
so ur house is full of smelly sneakers i guess .... how
much u invest in your air fresheners? hmmmmm but i sugest you better
wear them as the rubber deteriorate within 2yrs ....

Why would sneakers be smelly when it's not worn? That's means your feet smells lor.
Deteriorate... HAHAH!!!! you think what, like a Gardenia bread ka?

I've been collecting sneakers for more than 10 years, none have spoil.
There's a way to keep it well, here's a hint: It's a secret.

sinclair wrote:
Interesting. Will you wear it? or keep in protector?

The ones I want to wear, usually I buy in a pair. Yeah, need to 'protect' it well because of its rubber materials. Sometimes find out what it's made of because there are many different kind of animal skin they used to make sneakers.

Take a wild guess what's the best animal skin for sneakers?

chee keng hong wrote:
Nike ! I use to buy one last 15 yrs back....air pump....cost around RM500!

Early Feb 2010 Reebok retroed Air pump OmniLite, freaking awesome... RM699-RM799
check it out

Those are cool stuff. Last time Air Jordans were the thing to have and then came Reebok Pump. I still remember they hire security guard to send the items to Parkson Subang Parade when i went look see. haha.

Before Vans, there was Vision Street Wear. This was big among skaters last time. Nowdays there is Supra, Vans, blah blah, so many brands.

Atomkinder wrote:
musclemania wrote:

It's a 2010 RETRO, reproduction, recolour. It's not an old pair, this is a collaboration, which means a hybrid of AJIII + AJIV
You should check how much is an original Spizike worth. Got money also cannot buy la.

enyomic wrote:
so ur house is full of smelly sneakers i guess .... how
much u invest in your air fresheners? hmmmmm but i sugest you better
wear them as the rubber deteriorate within 2yrs ....

Why would sneakers be smelly when it's not worn? That's means your feet smells lor.
Deteriorate... HAHAH!!!! you think what, like a Gardenia bread ka?

I've been collecting sneakers for more than 10 years, none have spoil.
There's a way to keep it well, here's a hint: It's a secret.
so far, i only bought a pair of AJ, but it is not MJ-AJ but Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets player) AJ, black colour. really a nice pair. mainly, i bought to wear and "fight" on court.

musclemania wrote:
so far, i only bought a pair of AJ, but it is not MJ-AJ but Carmelo Anthony (Denver Nuggets player) AJ, black colour. really a nice pair. mainly, i bought to wear and "fight" on court.

That's very gooddd!!!

Well, very interesting dude. Open our eyes to the world of sneakers collecting. Shocked

Judging from the pictures, if you are buying all the pairs according to your size, you may have a very "cute" size of foot huh
By the time my Carmelo AJ started to "open mouth" really felt hard to dump it
Now, I own a pair of classical Adidas-Pro Model (white with blue stripes) although seldom play basketball lately.
Well, I guess you surely have the Air Shox series huh? The first ever Nike with the Shox technology (the suspension as used in F-1 car). Vince Carter series perhaps
Or, how about Lebron series???

This hobby is pretty heavy duty on wallet. Not surprising to hear RM10K worth of sneakers in the storeroom. Some hit 6 figures as well. Most of the collectors i have seen local and foreign are associated with music industry. AtomKinder is also in music business?

musclemania wrote:
Shox technology Vince Carter series perhaps how about Lebron series?

No man, I'm old school. Shox is cool but the technology didn't last.
Lebron uses Air Max technology.

Which I have the original Air Max 1 (1987) and Air Max III 90 (1990)
My feet size is US11, any feet size above US10.5 is hard to find in Msia. That's why I have to get some from overseas.
When I asked how many pairs of sz11 the new AJ Spizike came, the store said only TWO.

sinclair wrote:
Well, very interesting dude. Open our eyes to the world of sneakers collecting

It's important to get good stuff to what you wearing on your feet because that's the only skin touching the ground every minute.
Make sure you get something comfortable and good looking too.
My collection is nothing compared to those hardcore, they buy every week.

wow, this is getting more interesting.
last time I used to wear Converse; React system (with GEL) few pairs and even Helium gas technology (He:02).
then, switched to Nike Air C-Phaze, very light and comfortable.
after that, came to Adidas where I had the chance to try the bulky Kobe 2 (Audi concept) and Master Piece (a cover on shoe lace).
each pair of above only lasted for 1year++ due to my heavy basketball game when study LOL

musclemania wrote:
came to Adidas where I had the chance to try the bulky Kobe 2 (Audi concept)

I think still have the Adidas Kobe 2 somewhere, lemme dig and see...
It could be at my parent's house.

u like play basketball?

after this show your secret hiding shoes!!

Atomkinder wrote:
musclemania wrote:
came to Adidas where I had the chance to try the bulky Kobe 2 (Audi concept)

I think still have the Adidas Kobe 2 somewhere, lemme dig and see...
It could be at my parent's house.
so, which colour you have? white? black? or even yellow or purple (LA Lakers homecourt colour).

Another poison bro as im also heavy on shoe/sneakers. But not keep it. All daily wear but not to sneakers only. Redwing and Timber boots. Few Converse.Few Airforce 1. Few Airmax. Many Clarks-office only. Few Rockport.Puma.NB.Crocs.
My favorite -Air Turbulence + Trainer , Redwing Eric Clapton Classic, Reebok Reissue PUMP Haxalite Trainer.
See your collection all nice stuff ,congrats - all customs? Flashing stuff should wear it bro.

awesome collection there mr. atom... if i got money i also will collect... Smile

eight wrote:
awesome collection there mr. atom... if i got money i also will collect... Smile

me too...But at the moment , i stick to this.....
Spoiler:

wow.. nice shoes CKH...the shoe box give it to hassan please..

RGSUKAN wrote:
wow.. nice shoes CKH...the shoe box give it to hassan please..

Hassan ady PM me for the Shoe box!! Nice offer....too!!

chee keng hong wrote:
eight wrote:

me too...But at the moment , i stick to this.....
Spoiler:

hai ya...! this fella ....

come to think of it, alot of guys do collect alot of shoes.. but CKH haiya... u better buy a pair from bundle shop la if overspend in HW!

Oh yeah.....maybe CKH can try to get the Hotwheels shoe rite? lol!

One last released before 2011.
The Air Jordan 11 Cool Grey. Re-retroed of 2001 AJ 11.
This is the shoe when MJ came back in 96 after his first retirement and on his return to NBA on 2001.

Sold out in the USA within hours.

MJ and his cool

I like the shoes .. ..... can give me ... my Christmas present lah ....... by the way nice shoes

huhu....all the expensive ones.......

during my time (local rock group boom era....!!),
I can only afford ALIPH shoes....... Embarassed

those are damn nice sneakers...wish i have one.... i only wear converse old school design to work Crying or Very sad