Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
madsod

SO HOW FAST HAVE YOU GONE ON A BIKE

I no the max speed in the UK is 70 mph and im sure we all go a bit over this at time but how fast have you ever gone on road track , or drag strip , as i geting older i dont ride so fast and just love taken my time , but i did have the gsxr up to 165 mph on a track , but not for long . bike was dead straight at this speed . hope its ok to ask this , if not then please take it of , hidehide

ive seen 71 on the clocks from time to time LaughingTwisted Evil trouble is the ace gets up to speed so quick you got to reign it in a bit.

@dick65 wrote:
ive seen 71 on the clocks from time to time LaughingTwisted Evil trouble is the ace gets up to speed so quick you got to reign it in a bit.

Your supposed to use all 5 gears not just 1st
bike2

back ages bought a suzuki kettle off a friend and there was an opportunity to go Shocked up to the speed limit Laughing and it wasn't that pleasant with the sail in the wind upright riding postion and an open helmet, ended up forced back on the seat and being strangled with the chin strap.

then a big chauffeur type car overtook with some old ladies chatting in the back like they were round a fireside, meanwhile outside their window being buffetted about a near death experience was taking place. That suzuki is top heavy and fairly unstable, bazzer sheen must have rebuilt his Surprised .

@Grumpyowl wrote:
@dick65 wrote:

Your supposed to use all 5 gears not just 1st
bike2

lol!lol!

120 as im still restricted. and when i did race wass off road so only do 90, but 90 on rocks then up at 20ft in the air is brill

185 two up on a track of course Twisted Evil

ALL DONE ON TRACK DAYS EH??
YOU KNOW IT---I KNOW IT..
OF COURSE NO ONE EVER GOES OVER 70MPH DO THEY

@goferit wrote:
ALL DONE ON TRACK DAYS EH??
YOU KNOW IT---I KNOW IT..
OF COURSE NO ONE EVER GOES OVER 70MPH DO THEY
NO Laughingthumbs

In me early 20s flat out everywere were it was pos, these days i just take me time and ride sensibly... 180ish R1 thumbs

the speed limit always, but when i had a zx9r about 8years ago 150mph but that was on a private road if you get what i mean WinkTwisted Evil

No numbers/dates/places from me.... but...

Hit the rev limiter/speed restricter on both 04 Hayabusa and B-Kings.
(both are speed restriced in stock form)

Had a ZZR1100C3 with a few "tweeks" that
we ran flat out one night.

Had another of my Busa's that was de-restricted
(20p 6.8ohm resister) and had a few mod's,
re-map, Yoshi system, filter etc etc,
that one WAS good, never worked out why,
only pulled 163hp on the dyno but had HUGE top end rush to it!

I now ride with a few guys with Turbo Busa's.
All my stuff seems pretty slow and tame then !

155 on my T595, on a track o'course. Funnily enough it started making some strange noises after?

Speed... No idea, I don't look at the speedo. When I ran a dealership in Germany I had a section of autobahn as my test track so just went by when the rev limiter kicked in in top gear bike2

I've never gone faster than my guardian angel can fly.

Speed... No idea, I don't look at the speedo. When I ran a dealership in Germany I had a section of autobahn as my test track so just went by when the rev limiter kicked in in top gear bike2

fast then Very HappyVery Happy

@madsod wrote:

fast then Very HappyVery Happy

Yeh quite quick lol! Gets a bit dull though after a few months. We (the squadies and I) used to have this 'circuit', well ok they were public roads, around the back of a place called Hövelhof. Fab, ZZR 11's GSXR 11's and Blades bouncing off the rev limiters on the autobahn then into the twisties. Oh, those were the days, and oh how the german civil police loved us fofl
I remember them grabbing on poor guy who was totally innocent after the infamous 'lets use both sides of Paderborn high street as a drag strip' incident.

On my little 50 a huge top speed of 60 down hill wind behind me and at top red line Wink lol. Been on the back of a bike doing 150 thats the quickest ive been Smile