Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

fuel panic buying

Is it going off where you are,eneded up been stuck in a que of cars tonight to put some fuel in the wifes car head banghead bang

main thing is the bikes full Laughing

they all been mad around ere.. one is closed off due to a electrical problem, others are queuing up for ages! went into one on dual carriageway on the way to Peterborough and it was empty lol

no probs at my local but tesco had tailbacks Laughing and the bikes full thumbs

It was actually hazardous coming out of Nottingham tonight with cars queued into the main road. I had to filter through to the front at Tesco last night as well Twisted Evil when I filled the bike.
Still, at least I've got 50 litres stored in the spare room now. Good thinking Mr Cameron thumbsShocked

as far as I can understand the tanker drivers are agrieved because they are seeing their salaries compromised as contractors now tend to employ them rather than the oil companies as previously.

seems a lot of people are seeing their salaries reduced one way or another.

personally can't be bothered to go and fill up cans, was going to then lost the will

only thing is it means not being able to travel much for the time being

nearly got into a tight spot with the bike as I was miles from home and virtually out of fuel, first garage I reached was closed, no pertol - the second had big queues of 4 x 4 type vehicles as the country set is clearly getting anxious

inadvetently went in the filling station the wrong way being so glad to find one and managed to squeeze in before the next monster truck realised, he he.

if the tanker drivers do go on strike they will be so unpopular with the public, imagine there will be little sympathy for them seeing loads of us are not getting increments, having allowances and pensions reduced and as in my wifes case being forced to drop a grade to save the nhs money.

If only we were like other countries ie like france...we all moan about the cost of fuel so why dont the whole country help them strike ffs. Another example counsel tax what if the whole nation refused to pay it...how would they jail all of us blarblarblar what will be will be i aint trying to cause a debate or nowt as politics aint my subject by a long margain thumbs if there's no fuel left at me local pump then im not worried LaughingLaughing

Mmm Parkers were out earlier and there was a huuuuge queue at Branstons apparently. Personally I'd just leave it to the middle of the night and hit a 24 hour one.

That's if I was fussed, which I'm not as long as I can get enough diesel into the van to get to Mallory next weekend. Smile

@Stue11 wrote:
If only we were like other countries ie like france..we all moan about the cost of fuel so why dont the whole country help them strike ffs.

The tanker driver's aren't striking over the cost of fuel though are they?

@Stue11 wrote:
Another example counsel tax what if the whole nation refused to pay it...

But as you rightly say, the brit way is to moan and whinge, but then pay up and carry on. I just *really* can't believe the panic buying - *if* there is going to be a strike we get 7 days notice and it's going to go on for what, four whole days? If all this is a result of some minister saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a can or two of fuel spare can you imagine if something serious kicked off? No wonder the general public wouldn't be informed straight away.....

@Stue11 wrote:
Another example counsel tax what if the whole nation refused to pay it...

But as you rightly say, the brit way is to moan and whinge, but then pay up and carry on. I just *really* can't believe the panic buying - *if* there is going to be a strike we get 7 days notice and it's going to go on for what, four whole days? If all this is a result of some minister saying it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a can or two of fuel spare can you imagine if something serious kicked off? No wonder the general public wouldn't be informed straight away.....[/quote]

agree People seem to have lost the ability to think for themselves confused They just follow what is said without thinking about what they're doing. The great British public twist

Queues through the day yesterday. Garages sold out of fuel and prices hiked where the average here about 138.9 hiked to 149.9 which I paid to fill the tank.

they are talking about £1.50 per litre this summer as the norm - that is about £6.75 a gallon. would a packet of twenty cigs be about £6.75 average?, don't smoke now so not sure.

i had to top up at motrway services last week £1.55 a litre Shocked

well the ASDA up by me has ran out like most still got some fuel for the weekend in the bike so im all right CoolCool

lucky i brimmed the bike yesterday,weve ran out up here Cool

ive got 10L of 2yr old stale fuel outta the zxr if anybody is interested £12.00 a LTR....welll i might aswell cash in on the hype
Shocked

The bike is full,but the mot has runout today SadSadSad

going to try and get it done tomorrow,or have one of those 24 hour bugs next week LaughingLaughing

government wins --hands down---they encourage (greed-buying)by creating a panic---ffs the drivers haven't even declared a strike date yet !! but Osborne has recouped millions of pounds worth of revenue out of this fiasco, and helped Cameron create chaos in the process---totally inept prats!!

also suggesting people should store fuel at home???? how 'kin dangerous is that??--already a woman has had a serious accident ,resulting in 40% burns to her body, by transferring petrol in her kitchen, apparently.

this has been handled very badly-----

just, m.h.o.. soapbox

wonder if duff advice from senior ministers will put pressure on them/industry to sort it and avert a strike in order to avoid continuing blame for inept government handling of the situation.

Managed to fuel bike and car at a little out of the way petrol station. Went past a local Morrison and counted nearly 100 cars queueing round the perimeter of the car park. I gather the Asda drivers are one of the two groups who voted no to the strike.

@goferit wrote:
government wins --hands down---they encourage (greed-buying)by creating a panic---ffs the drivers haven't even declared a strike date yet !! but Osborne has recouped millions of pounds worth of revenue out of this fiasco, and helped Cameron create chaos in the process---totally inept prats!!

also suggesting people should store fuel at home???? how 'kin dangerous is that??--already a woman has had a serious accident ,resulting in 40% burns to her body, by transferring petrol in her kitchen, apparently.

this has been handled very badly-----

just, m.h.o.. soapbox
agree with every word thumbs

took 30 mins to get diesel this morniong idiots!!!

and everywheres sold out. absolute retards.

Guest Guest

The AA said that the treasury made £32 MILLION in 24 hours when the gov first said about topping up. Just before the financial new year too.. funny that.

I was on vapour and needed petrol, it was sold out in Selby but they had a delivery overnight and I put £25 in (barely half a tank!) so I can do the egg run tomorrow. Bike has half a tank and I have a spare can incase anyone runs out on the egg run.

Don't store petrol in your house! It's stupidly dangerous. My friends work collegue died in a house fire, turns out the petrol can next to the fridge caused it. It's that easy. So stick in your shed, garage, back door but NOT in your spare room!

That safety broadcast was bought to you by Common Sense thumbsLaughing

heard on the news this dinner time that someone turned up at a petrol station on thursday and tried to put petrol in some empty paint tins in the boot and even worse a woman tried to put some in empty jam jars. slaphead

heard on the news this dinner time that someone turned up at a petrol station on thursday and tried to put petrol in some empty paint tins in the boot and even worse a woman tried to put some in empty jam jars. slaphead

dear oh dear Smile - are things still as bad? queues, closed petrol stations? (Wife on shift work so I'm 'looking after' kids/animals).

Local Tesco is dry and I've got to ride to Oxfordshire tomorrow. Looks like I've got to pay motorway prices affraid

Local Tesco is dry and I've got to ride to Oxfordshire tomorrow. Looks like I've got to pay motorway prices affraid

Dont know where you are in Nottm but the garage at the traffic lights on the A38 near Huthwaite just had a fuel delivery