Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lee1

Not sure what to do

Ive had a phone call this morning more aless saying we would like you to come for a job interview

even though I aint applied for one Smile Ive been told to think about it and let them know

Im not giving to much away as ya never know whos reading these posts Suspect

as you will know from a recent post I had some conflict with a certain person,and nothing was really resolved in my favour

and lets just say lately I aint been a happy bunny not just over recent conflicts
but the job/employer itself

The mrs suggest I write the pros and cons of my employment and then go and see whats on offer,but as we all know the grass aint always greener

what would you do?

personally i would go and see whats on offer, you've got nothing to lose and if you dont your always going to be wondering what if.

no harm looking m8 your not obliged to take it thumbs

personally i would go and see whats on offer, you've got nothing to lose and if you dont your always going to be wondering what if.

agree with Bladerunner

Lee,
nothing to lose and don't forget a job interview is a two way street.

You are going to be interviewing them as much as they are you.

It's their job to impress you, despite lots of people out of work,
It's not easy to find the right person etc.

Good luck Lee
It's nice to be wanted. thumbs

Jim.

take the mrs's advice matey they know best SmileSmile

All good advice from everyone Lee, you can't really make an informed judgement
unless you know what's on offer and know what your dealing with, all the best with whatever you do mate! thumbsthumbs

agree

Thanks for the replies all,Ive just rung them and Im off to see them monday evening Smile

post to be continued Smile

keep us updated lee,as said no harm checking it out thumbs

Lee look whats happened to me I wasn't looking either had that email from that bloke went for the interview never new what to expect, as you no I was doing shift work now I'm working 15mins from home with Audi, so just go on the interview with an open mind and take it with a pinch of salt, what will be will be. So good luck and go mate thumbs

Ive been tonight and was offered the job Very Happy

same money but they will send me to do the mot course which will put pay up once done

theres the opportunity to work extra hours at time and half/earn bonus

the company is seeing more 57 cars a day to repair and its rising

where as at the moment were lucky to see 7 cars between 5 of us

reckon its a no brainer work for a company thats doing well or work for one thats going no where fast

so putting me notice in after ive had the new contract deliverd to my door tomorrow evening thumbs

nice one m8 just don't burn your bridges when you hand in your notice you never know whats around the corner.

Excellent mate that also means you can book holidays hopefully without anyone getting in first LaughingLaughing go for it mate you only live once thumbsthumbsthumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Excellent mate that also means you can book holidays hopefully without anyone getting in first LaughingLaughing go for it mate you only live once thumbsthumbsthumbs
sure can stue I asked them about it,no rotas for bank holidays either they just shut the place Very Happy

like ian pointed out Im not going to burn my bridges,although they wont be happy but I after do whats best for me and my family not them thumbs

Happy days lee! Sounds like you've landed on your feet there. Sounds like you'll be busy! Can you say where your moving to?

@lee wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:
sure can stue I asked them about it,no rotas for bank holidays either they just shut the place Very Happy

like ian pointed out Im not going to burn my bridges,although they wont be happy but I after do whats best for me and my family not them thumbs
Very true mate family before anything endoff thumbsthumbsVery Happy

@2wheels wrote:
Happy days lee! Sounds like you've landed on your feet there. Sounds like you'll be busy! Can you say where your moving to?
will tell ya once its all sorted thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
@lee wrote:
@Stue11 wrote:

Very true mate family before anything endoff thumbsthumbsVery Happy

agreethumbsthumbs

@lee wrote:
Ive been tonight and was offered the job Very Happy

same money but they will send me to do the mot course which will put pay up once done

theres the opportunity to work extra hours at time and half/earn bonus

the company is seeing more 57 cars a day to repair and its rising

where as at the moment were lucky to see 7 cars between 5 of us

reckon its a no brainer work for a company thats doing well or work for one thats going no where fast

so putting me notice in after ive had the new contract deliverd to my door tomorrow evening thumbs

Top man Lee glad you have made the right decision, and good luck for the future, all the best mate thumbsthumbs

Cheers everyone for your comments and advice
you are all top people in my book thumbsthumbsthumbs

congratulations - like everyone else has said you have to do whats best for you and yours at the end of the day, we all spend an awful lot of time at work so you may as well try to enoy it Smile

Sounded an easy decision Lee but I bet it wasn't. Really hope it works out for you mate its good to hear good news. thumbsthumbs

Just wishing you all the best with the new job and as has been said before, family first. Good luck thumbs

All the very best for the new job Lee. They say as one door closes another opens thumbs

Cheers for the comments all,well after another sleepless night alot of thinking and a meeting at work today

Im staying putt just a shame I had to go down this route to have problems ironed out

one things for sure I know where theres a job if I ever need one Very Happy

once again thanks for all your input,anyway back to bikes,girls and beer now oh and catching snakes LaughingLaughingthumbsthumbs

Glad your sorted out lee , I worked for a company once every time i told them i was leaving they uped my Money in the end i had to tell them it wasn't money it was the job , Just do what makes you the happiest m8 thumbs glad you have sorted your problems out where you are , good luck m8