Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Robbie

To keep on...or not to keep on.......

That is the question for my new Givi rack.
A few of you will know I'm not a big fan of top box's but they are dam useful bit of kit,especially the box I have as it's one of the biggest Givi make, an E55 Maxia 3. Anyway I'm not sure whether to leave the rack on or just fit it as and when needed. The lazy arse in me says leave on but the other halve says take off as It will only be used a few times a year confused The downside to keep taking it off is that some of the nuts are nylock ones which if you keep putting and taking off will eventually wear the nylon in them to which they could eventually work loose, or I good put a drop of thread lock on the bolt each time I use it. head bang

thats huge Shocked i take my renntec off when im not using it,its an easy job but its up to you m8 thumbs

I had a Renntec on my Bandit but left that on as it just seemed to blend in.
I know it's a huge box, the reason in getting the big one is I'd rather have room to spare than not have enough. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but it beats having a hiking bag on your back like I did last year for the rideout Very Happy

Nah, take it off mate. If you're only using it occasionally, it spoils the look of the bike IMO. Wink

@aceuggy wrote:
Nah, take it off mate. If you're only using it occasionally, it spoils the look of the bike IMO. Wink

agreeagreeagreeagree

I had one of those. Looks like a censored house seat!! Take it off or buy the flat monokey plate m8 thumb down

@aceuggy wrote:

Yeah that's what I was kind off thinking too.
Cheers chaps thumbs

if its easy enough just put it on as needed as they are bloody useful , your probably only going to use it a couple of times a year.

TheBiker46 wrote:
I had one of those. Looks like a censored house seat!! Take it off or buy the flat monokey plate m8 thumb down

The flat plate doesn't fit those arms.

In our lasses words " i hope he's taking that caravan off the bike " lmao.

Ditch it thumbs

@Robbie wrote:
TheBiker46 wrote:

The flat plate doesn't fit those arms.

Pity. Well then I have to agree with the others. Best removed and fit when necessary

@Davehutch wrote:
keep the box and ditch the bike thumb down

I will when I get old and bald and then I'll buy a B-king lol!

@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

and bolt the box on the back to improve its looks.

@Davehutch wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

twisttwist
you missed FAT !!!

I wasn't gonna be that nasty but now you come to mention it Laughing

@jezza wrote:
@Robbie wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:

and bolt the box on the back to improve its looks.

wouldn't need a separate rack then as I could bolt the box to the exhausts partyparty

@dick65 wrote:
@Davehutch wrote:
lol! if you cant laugh with your mates , who can you laugh with/at lol!
LaughingLaughingthumbs

I dunno I'll tell you when I find some mates foflfofl

If you paint 2 big circles on the back of that box it will look like a bking

ditch it

Keep the bike ditch the box. I'll see if I can find anyone who's looking for a Monokey box thumbsthumbshidefoflfofl

@Davehutch wrote:
Keep the bike ditch the box. I'll see if I can find anyone who's looking for a Monokey box thumbsthumbshidefoflfofl
v funnyv funny do you know some one who wants one mike ,haha

I'm sure I Could find someone wavewavemailbox

Since i left gym earlier ive been down me local so i think its best i dont comment....I regard you Robbie as a friend and seeing its taken me 1/2anhour to post this answer i think you now what i would say about the thingy on the back of ya bike please dont leave that hanging on the back of the beuatiful bike you own LaughingLaughingLaughingthumbs

"ditch it" ? the box is going no where I'm just a little indecisive on whether to leave the rack on or just fit it when I need it.
After having a good think about it I'm gonna fit it as and when needed.
It won't win any awards in the looks department but it'll carry all my crap for a whole weekend and as I'll be facing the other way enjoying the ride It doesn't matter Very Happy

@Robbie wrote:
"ditch it" ? the box is going no where I'm just a little indecisive on whether to leave the rack on or just fit it when I need it.
After having a good think about it I'm gonna fit it as and when needed.
It won't win any awards in the looks department but it'll carry all my crap for a whole weekend and as I'll be facing the other way enjoying the ride It doesn't matter Very Happy
Very HappyVery Happythumbs good choice thumbs

@Stue11 wrote:
Since i left gym earlier ive been down me local so i think its best i dont comment....I regard you Robbie as a friend and seeing its taken me 1/2anhour to post this answer i think you now what i would say about the thingy on the back of ya bike please dont leave that hanging on the back of the beuatiful bike you own LaughingLaughingLaughingthumbs

lol! I know your feelings on luggage Stu so comment away mate. I know the feelings of a few people who detest the things and as I have said I'm not a huge fan myself but as I have said many time's before on a weekend away the practicality over ways the look, and as been said it's easily removed once back home thumbs
Hope you had a few pintpint for me too thumbs

No one likes a bit of luggage more than me, although TBF I've had no choice in recent years as my old ZZR has been my company car. And if you want to use a bike as anything other than a toy you need something, but I've got to say that rig up on the Z1000 is a fuckin monstrosity mate. I'd have to say sayonara to that thing on such a lovely bike. Get a half decent little tail pack or just strap a tank bag on the back seat as I've done on occasions. Only thing is security of course, but on the few occasions I'd guess you actually need a lockable box, get the spanners out. It's not impossible to buy the odd replacement Nyloc nut. Smile