Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lola21st

Need prayers of protection for my son

Hello Saints!

I would REALLY appreciate it if you all would keep my older son in your prayers....

Last evening he called because he had played in a baseball game which had ended and his father wasn't around to pick him up nor did he tell my son that he would be leaving the game. (He usually stays for the games so this was odd.) I call his father and only get his voicemail so leave a message. About 10 minutes later my son texts that his dad picked him up so everything is ok and he arrives home about 30 minutes later.

A couple of hours after that my ex-h calls and asks if our son is home. I say yes and he becomes very apologetic that he forgot to pick up our son and wondered how he got home. It took 10 minutes of conversation and confirmation from his son to convince him that he himself took our son home. Long story short, he blacked out from being under the influence which is why he didn't remember. My ex-h has had an off and on battle with alcohol addiction over the years (there are generational issues with this particular addiction that go back 2-3 generations). His trigger is usually stress and there are things taking place in his life right now which are stressing him out. What's more, he recently managed to get a medical marijuana card to treat chronic pain he has had from a previous biking accident. So he apparently was both drunk and high when he drove our son home...

I give thanks to our precious Lord for protecting my son and making sure that he got home without injury and for my ex as well. But now I have to deal with the fallout from this as there are actions that I'll need to take now that aren't going to be well received. That I can do with His guidance but I'm really concerned about how this all will affect my son both in the physical and spiritual worlds. He's doing so well right now in school, sports, church, socially, etc. and he's right at the age (13 yrs) where he needs to have solid male role models - it is so Satan that these issues surface at this stage as an attempt to throw him (my son) off track, minimally to distract him but also establish the next generation cursed. I know what I'm up against spiritually and Satan will NOT be able to continue this dysfunction in yet another generation -the lines have been drawn and will not be crossed in Jesus' name! I would really appreciate your intercessory prayers regarding this situation.

Thanks & God bless you all!

OMG!!!!! Lurdys!!!! I'm calling my prayer team right now...the devil is a liar!!!!

I have no words right now...I'll be back after I make my call!

This really gets my Irish up!
Dear Lord please protect this boy from physical and emotional harm and convict this man. I pray you would give his mom wisdom. In Jesus' Name Amen!

um while ur story is scary,,it does show that ur got home safe dispite the driver,,maybe it was jesus at tha wheel,, tha chances of gettg hme stoned /drunk unscathed r limited,,if ther is any joy 2 be had i think this wood be it,, i do feel ur concern,, D

Father God,

I thank you so much for Lurdy's son. I thank you Lord that you have him under your protective care. I thank you that the blood of Jesus is washed over him and that no weapon formed against him will prosper. I thank you that the enemy is on a short leash and has no authority over him. I thank you that his Dad gets help with his situation and that Lurdy's son is always safe. I thank you that he is covered by the 91st psalm. I bind in Jesus name every spirit that would try to lay his hands on this child and command you to cease and desist in Jesus name. I command you to the feet of the Lord Jesus for judgement now....in Jesus name. Thank you Lord Jesus for your grace which covers us at all times because we are daughters and sons of the Most High. We give you all praise and glory in Jesus mighty name!

your servant,

Connie

My son will be 13 next month so I feel where you're coming from. We're at that stage as well. I am in agreement with you and pray the God intervene in this!

I pray for peace and wisdom to flood your boy in understanding of what needs to be done all in Jesus name

Thanks everyone for your prayers!!!

I've had a couple of talks with my son and gave him the big picture of what's going on with his father. We also set up an emergency contact plan should he find himself in a similar situation with his father moving forward. bandaid

In the meantime, I'm setting up some time with his father to discuss what happened and the consequences of this latest set of bad decisionmaking. I also intend to let him know about God's saving grace. He may not be open to hearing it but I can at least plant seeds....we'll see what happens...

Again, thanks and God Bless you all! huggins

I'm really glad you talked to your son!
I think the plan you came up with was right from God!
I pray you will have great wisdom when you talk to this man in Jesus' Name!

Dear lurdy...God Bless you. Watching you walk in Gods way and decision make according to the will of God is a witness to others to do the same. I am a mother with eight children...through all the times that we've been through the most comforting scripture to me is that "All things work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called together for his purpose" When my son had his skull broken in 3 pieces by a 4 ton truck, when my baby was born lifeless, when one of my sons was tired of drug addition and climbed a mountain to throw himself down....another younger son was thrown in jail for the weekend, by mistake....God was good to his word. Through these situations to stand on Gods promises. I plead the precious blood of our beautiful hero over your son, Father God that you would annoint this boy with a heart for you like David, that he will grow strong in your ways and your integrity Father...that others will be drawn to him because of his strength and light in you. Bring peace to mothers heart and protection to the family from the Most High God...all in Jesus name we come to you, The Father of Us. We love you Lord. Amen